Best PA's and CA's for players in the 8.02 patch?

(Note: for the who don't know, PA = Potential Ability, and CA = Current Ability. Every player has a current and potential ability)

Sorry to start a new topic about this but when I search for best PA's and CA's, all I find is the best PA's (no CA's) for the orinigal patch, and nothing for the 8.02 patch.

If someone could just point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful.

thanks a LOTLOTLOT!!!! Seriously, so much. I'm so happy that you posted that that I almost feel guilty asking for something else.

But, not toooo quilty not to ask...

Is there a complete list of all the CURRENT ABILITIES of players of ALL AGES for patch 8.0.2?

Thanks very much icon_smile.gif

current ability isnt relevant mate.. and will change from day to day to be honest...

dont look too much at ca and pa....

people fall into the trap of thinking it says how good a player is

high ca doesnt mean a great player.. just means closer to his peak (which may be peak of championship level player)

for instance...

martin galvan on my game has a PA of 197 .. extremely high

although fully developed with the best training... he probably wont be as good as alex who only has a PA of 167 ..

he turns out great... but thats not necessary due to his pa

il try to explain better

for example... 2 players

player A: starts the game at CA:120 / PA:170

he has rubbish stats which if he even does get to 170 which isnt garaunteed, he still wont cut it

player B: starts game at CA:100 / PA:140

has better stats then player A to start with.. and even though he has less PA .. will probably always be better then player A

ca and pa are just a way of explaining a player coming into his peak... theres a reason why you arent meant to see these stats...

Why so? I don't understand that. Galvan must be amazing with a PA of 197

Because its all about developing in the right areas. For eg, take the case of Matt Hill. He's LB playing for Preston. His PA is only like 130 or so IIRC. Yet, he is (imo) the second best LB England has after Ashley Cole (albeit, he's very defensive). Thats because he has developed in all the areas and not anywhere else. There are plenty more examples like this.

So if you have a striker with a PA of say 199 and he starts developing in ALL the areas (especially non-critical ones for a ST like marking, tackling, influence etc), he's bound to lose out in other key areas. On the other hand, another striker with a PA of say 175 develops in all the key areas like finishing, dribbling, composure etc etc, chances are he will turn out better than the dude with the 199PA.

Thats why you need bother about PA's so much. Ofcourse they are important but not as important as you think. And a statement as "he's got a higher PA so he must be better" is completely false and you'll find that most of the time, thats not the case.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Because its all about developing in the right areas. For eg, take the case of Matt Hill. He's LB playing for Preston. His PA is only like 130 or so IIRC. Yet, he is (imo) the second best LB England has after Ashley Cole (albeit, he's very defensive). Thats because he has developed in all the areas and not anywhere else. There are plenty more examples like this.

So if you have a striker with a PA of say 199 and he starts developing in ALL the areas (especially non-critical ones for a ST like marking, tackling, influence etc), he's bound to lose out in other key areas. On the other hand, another striker with a PA of say 175 develops in all the key areas like finishing, dribbling, composure etc etc, chances are he will turn out better than the dude with the 199PA.

Thats why you need bother about PA's so much. Ofcourse they are important but not as important as you think. And a statement as "he's got a higher PA so he must be better" is completely false and you'll find that most of the time, thats not the case.

Ah, someone with sense! Thought there were only a few of us icon_wink.gif

Archived