The Art Of Counter Attacking

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update.

update3g.th.jpg

still facing some major injury problems, but at least i have ronaldo back now.

sweetest win was the 3-1 win against real madrid. they managed to create some decent chances from coners but they just couldn't cope with my counter attacks.

Right, well, I decided to try your tactic completely, no tweaks or anything.

I started a new game, chose Rangers, and that was me.

I was disappointed to find that I had ZERO transfer funds, and even if I signed somebody on a free, I could offer £265 p/w, otherwise I'd be going over my budget.

They didn't give me any more money when I asked, and so I just holidayed pre-season.

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had Champions League qualifiers.

Thankfully, I drew the first 1-1 away, with the Ass Man's tactics.

I came back from holiday, and I'm supposed to be getting a Chinese Tycoon, who will give me £92M, apparently...

Great!

But with my slow players, I was sceptical about this tactic.

I tried it out anyway, and I won the home leg 2-0, meaning that I've qualified. =D

Now, if I get this £92M, I'll be buying brilliant young, quick players. =)

I'll keep you update about the tactic etc.

Thanks a lot. :thup:

Right, well, I decided to try your tactic completely, no tweaks or anything.

I started a new game, chose Rangers, and that was me.

I was disappointed to find that I had ZERO transfer funds, and even if I signed somebody on a free, I could offer £265 p/w, otherwise I'd be going over my budget.

They didn't give me any more money when I asked, and so I just holidayed pre-season.

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had Champions League qualifiers.

Thankfully, I drew the first 1-1 away, with the Ass Man's tactics.

I came back from holiday, and I'm supposed to be getting a Chinese Tycoon, who will give me £92M, apparently...

Great!

But with my slow players, I was sceptical about this tactic.

I tried it out anyway, and I won the home leg 2-0, meaning that I've qualified. =D

Now, if I get this £92M, I'll be buying brilliant young, quick players. =)

I'll keep you update about the tactic etc.

Thanks a lot. :thup:

i hope the takeover happens.

glad to here you are pleased with the tactic. it will be interesting to see how the tactic works out with Rangers.

You should have told your assistant manager to use that tactic whilst you were on holiday. The players would have adjusted to it during the friendly games before the competitive league matches had actually begun.

good point there. actually i also tend to leave friendlies to the assistant manager; but i tell him to use my tactic.

You should have told your assistant manager to use that tactic whilst you were on holiday. The players would have adjusted to it during the friendly games before the competitive league matches had actually begun.

It's pointless - he makes changed mid-game.

So he might start with this tactic, then switch to a 4-2-4 10 minutes in, if he likes...

I trust McCoist, but I don't really care, as he'd change anyway.

And, speaking from past experience, doing that makes me start badly. =\

On the 9.0.2 patch, I had the Ass Man take care of all of them.

Then, on the first day of the season, I got beaten 2-0, with the same tactic which helped to beat Lyon in pre-season...

EDIT: I'm winning my first game of the season 2-0, at HT.

RMC, and LB have scored. =D

Tactic is looking good. :thup:

It's pointless - he makes changed mid-game.

So he might start with this tactic, then switch to a 4-2-4 10 minutes in, if he likes...

I trust McCoist, but I don't really care, as he'd change anyway.

And, speaking from past experience, doing that makes me start badly. =\

On the 9.0.2 patch, I had the Ass Man take care of all of them.

Then, on the first day of the season, I got beaten 2-0, with the same tactic which helped to beat Lyon in pre-season...

EDIT: I'm winning my first game of the season 2-0, at HT.

RMC, and LB have scored. =D

Tactic is looking good. :thup:

come to think of it, i struggled at the start of the season. perhaps thats the reason why.

Who are you playing with jornada? Signings made etc...

EDIT: Just seen it's Newcastle. My second question still stands though, what changes did you make to the original squad?

Lots of changes. The thing I love about Newcastle is you can get loads of funds through selling off the main squad. Owen goes for about 3-4 million, plus his contract is worth 10mil so you get a nice sum just from him. Then there's Martins, Beye, Smith, Viduka (when fit) and Butt. Overall you can get something about 40mil from selling them all (including wage buget), to bring in your own squad.

First season, transfers out;

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/byjimini/fmout.jpg

Transfers in;

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/byjimini/fmin.jpg

The second season, the board gave me £75mil to spend. We only had 35mil in the bank, so I can only guess that included future Champions League money from TV and revenue.

What attributes does your striker have? He needs to eb fast with good jumping, basically a fast targetman.

Anyways, about to start a game with Liverpool as well. IMO they should suit the tactic perfectly thanks to the abundance of midfielders.

Yeah, lower league so getting a fast enough striker is a problem :p 14 pace and 15 acceleration is pretty ok, but his composure and finishing sucks. Hehe, anyway, it's the striker that should score the majority of goals in this tactic?

You watching the Liverpool game right now? They play this tactic :p

Lots of changes. The thing I love about Newcastle is you can get loads of funds through selling off the main squad. Owen goes for about 3-4 million, plus his contract is worth 10mil so you get a nice sum just from him. Then there's Martins, Beye, Smith, Viduka (when fit) and Butt. Overall you can get something about 40mil from selling them all (including wage buget), to bring in your own squad.

First season, transfers out;

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/byjimini/fmout.jpg

Transfers in;

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/byjimini/fmin.jpg

The second season, the board gave me £75mil to spend. We only had 35mil in the bank, so I can only guess that included future Champions League money from TV and revenue.

looking good. nevertheless, how come you sold martins; he's incredibly quick!

looking good. nevertheless, how come you sold martins; he's incredibly quick!

Quick, yes but his finishing and composure leave a lot to be desired. I got Vagnar Love as his replacement, who has what he doesn't.

And then after that Hulk, who has speed, agility, strength in the air and a powerful eye for goal.

Archived