The Art Of Counter Attacking

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think of Pavel Pogrebnyak as the target man micro-ice? He has strength, finishing etc, maybe weaker compsure than some, but all in he looks like he could be useful in this tactic?

He is also tall so would be useful when back defending corners if I read you correctly?

What do you think of Pavel Pogrebnyak as the target man micro-ice? He has strength, finishing etc, maybe weaker compsure than some, but all in he looks like he could be useful in this tactic?

He is also tall so would be useful when back defending corners if I read you correctly?

despite his many strengths, he isn't very quick (try playing him and see how he performs).

btw, whenever i design a tactic, i make sure i keep it simple. in other words, i wouldn't use a target man in a counter attacking tactic (makes things complicated).

i did designed a target man tactic which proved quit successful with arsenal and chelsea, but still need further testing am afraid (might upload it when finished).

I dont suppose anyone has manager to get this working with SPurs have they?

I have started with them, but their players are almost exactly what you dont want for this tactic.

only one fast winger, who cant cross. One slow winger that can cross. two fast weak strikers, one slow strong striker that cant finish but can jump.

No really fast midfielders.

8O(

Just wondering

Lee

I have started with them, but their players are almost exactly what you dont want for this tactic.

only one fast winger, who cant cross. One slow winger that can cross. two fast weak strikers, one slow strong striker that cant finish but can jump.

No really fast midfielders.

8O(

Just wondering

Lee

be interesting to see whether the tactic works for you when you don't have fast players.

be interesting to see whether the tactic works for you when you don't have fast players.

I am really struggling with this with a slow team.

I have had to make some changes, not large ones, but its changed the tactic a bit and I am certainly not playing attractive football with it.

I'm going to stick with it for a little longer as its only been 8 games or so. If I end up dropping it, its certainly something Ill come back to as I have always liked the counter attack style.

Lee

I'll give this tactic ago micro-ice and having actually taken the time to read the whole thread (all of 5 mins), I won't be bugging you with the constant question of "where is the link for the download" etc. but you seem very patient with it all so good for you!!

I'm Juventus in 2013-14 and I've got a pretty decent XI

Buffon, Nelson, Chiellini, Sahko, Pique, Cigarini, Marischio, Diogo, Laurito, Paloschi and Piatti SUBS: Asenjo, Accardi, Wilshere, Rooney, Ochirosii, Guillherme, Candieas

I won Serie A last year and are well placed this year but I have drawn Barcelona in the CL and having played Madrid in the group stages drawing 0-0 and losing 3-0. I feel I'll lose easily if I don't try a different tactic.

Thanks,

Carlos

only one fast winger, who cant cross.

I shouldn't worry about Lennon; I had Jonas Guitierrez at Newcastle for a season and he got brilliant ratings, despite being poor technically.

You should first get players with pace; then worry about the technical stats. I only sold Martins because I had a more than decent replacement.

sorry i haven't given an update in ages guys. to be perfectly honest, i don't even have a sound reason as to why. however, i have been testing out a couple of simple tactics during the whole season, using some basic principles we see in real life football; needless to say, i haven't been as consistent as i would like for this apparent reason.

the most successful so far, has been the 41221 formation, which plays with NO strikers; a perfect representation of how the 'strikers' role in the modern game has changed so radically.

bojanthestriker.th.jpg

as the image illustrates, bojan is not only required to score goals, he also has the responsibility of creating goals.

i will post a few screenshots of this seasons fixtures later.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all! After winning the Premiership I decided to take a little break, but I'm right back into FM mode now and am nearing the end of the season after winning the title.

Very very close at the top of the table, just 5 points seperate me at the top and Man City in 3rd, hopefully should win the Champions League this year though.

My current problem is finding a striker. Vagnar Love couldn't hold the ball up because of his lack of strength, and Hulk doesn't like trakcing back which puts pressure on my midfield, so I've signed (on a free) a plucky young Russian out of CSKA's youth side to try and plug the gap and develop into something decent.

i must admit, i am surprised that hulk hasn't been able to perform actually. anyway, i hope you can run away with the title at the end of the season.

as far as my save goes, i haven't played in a long time. i might try managing a different team; far too easy with barcelona now.

Archived