Man Utd Manager

Yes Rafa sometimes drives me crazy with team selections and rotations etc. But to call him the worst manager at a top 4 club since the Premiership began is a bit harsh, imo. I mean he is tactically spot on in Europe most of the time and his European record is proof of this.

Fergusons Successors in my game:

2011 - Frank Rijkaard

2016 - Joesep Guardiola

2017 - Pim Verbeek

2018 - Manolo Jiménez

2018 - Stuart Pearce

2019 - Mike Phelan (caretaker)

2019 - Javier Aguirre

2020 - RELEGATION

2020 - Ole Gunner Solskjaer (initially caretaker) (304 days)

2021 - PROMOTION

2021 - Roy Keane (2214 days)

2027 - Brian McClair (caretaker)

2027 - Gareth Southgate

2029 - Jonathan Woodgate (167 days)

2030 - RELEGATION

2030 - Richard Long (202 days)

2030 - Gary Neville

2031 - PROMOTION

Liverpool are also quite interesting

2017 - Paul Ince

2019 - Gary McAllister

2022 - RELEGATION

2022 - Steven Gerrard

2027 - Andy Sherwood

2029 - Mike Colcombe

Tottenham are always a laugh

2012 - Javier Clemente

2014 - Carlos Quieroz

2016 - David Platt

2020 - Fabio Cannavaro

2020 - Stuart Pearce

2021 - Tony Mowbray

2024 - Craig Bewster

2024 - RELEGATION

2025 - Steve McClaren

2025 - PROMOTION

2027 - Michael Blackhouse

2027 - Gary McAllister

2029 - Steven Gerrard

2030 - RELEGATION

2030 - Jonathan Woodgate

2030 - Richard Long

Some teams are more Simple for example Man City

2027 - Fabio Cannavaro

Yes Rafa sometimes drives me crazy with team selections and rotations etc. But to call him the worst manager at a top 4 club since the Premiership began is a bit harsh, imo. I mean he is tactically spot on in Europe most of the time and his European record is proof of this.

Tactically he is terrible, when you have a side as strong as Liverpools playing your best 11 and 4 - 4 - 2 will beat most teams in the league. Yet Rafa seems to complicate things.

And how on earth can he justify playing Ngog and Kuyt upfront when he has sold PROVEN goal scorers such as Keane and Crouch??

Don't get me started on his press conferences, can barely understand a word and he comes across as a rambling idiot most of the time.

Calling Everton a small club just about summed up his attitude to the Premiership, and why he constantly throws away any chance Liverpool have of winning it. Its no wounder you drop points to the likes of Boro and Stoke if Rafa has that attitude.

Phelan took the job in 2011, after Fergie finished 1st, 4th then 2nd. Phelan has managed 1st, 2nd, and is currently 3rd in his 3rd season.His first two years saw him break the 90 point barrier both years, with 93 then 90. He was really unlucky to finish 2nd to an unbeatable Arsenal, with the legendary John Mason in charge. ;)

But yeah, Phelan is my toughest foe, and I imagine I'll be fighting him and United for a good few years yet.

Chelsea and the Pool have imploded though. Chelsea have finished 6th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and are currently 6th. Jose's back, but doesn't seem to be much good in the league, but did lift the Champions League last year. Ancelotti was probably better than him, even if he did end up slipping to 4th and getting fired.

Liverpool finished 3rd, 5th, 4th, 5th, 13th, and are currently 4th. Bento may well have saved them since replacing Benitez, who amazingly held on to his job until the 13th place finish.

City, still under Hughes, are the not so suprising revelation, finishing 9th, 2nd, 7th, 2nd, 3rd, and are currently 2nd. How long will they stand for him being second best, not to mention tending to have bad seasons every few years, though?

Archived