Nice tactic for World Class teams (so far) 9.3.0

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troels Jensen I dunno why I got 4 strikers plus Babel who can also play as a striker. My two main strikers are Aguero and Torres but at one time these 2 are scoring but now they dont and I drop one of them to let Bojan play and he too score but after awhile he didnt which I turn to Guilherme and the same thing happen. Now all my strikers doesnt score. Goals produced are from my wing backs and wingers

I'm sorry, I don't know what's causing the problem. All I know is that the second half of the season seems a bit harder than the first so far.

I've played 20 matches in the league now - 18 won, two drawn. Two goals against, can't remember how many I've scored right now.

I've started a new season with this tactic as Liverpool. The first game was against galatasaray at home which we won 1 nil but created only that 1 chance. Then the first preier league game was everton away which was a ni nil draw and we created nothing.

Should this tactic take a while to start working or do you NEED a world class world XI squad such as the one posted in the first post to get it to work?

@Klassens:

I'm counting on people being able to tweak the personal instructions without my help when it comes to corner kicks etc. The reason my left wingback was set to challenge the goalie was that he was the tallest and best header at the moment.

@CREW:

The tactic is intended for World Class teams, but I haven't tried teams outside of Spain, so I don't know how it'll work in e.g. England. As for the time it takes for the team to adapt to the tactic, I'm sure it'll take 10-15 games. I imagine a lot of friendlies pre season will do wonders.

Not sure, to be honest. The biggest problem as I see it could be the free roles - the wings and the 'CMA' all have free roles. It might work for lower quality teams if you tick that off. Try tinkering a bit with it yourself - the tactic may look very attacking, but really it's not.

A small update with only a few games left of the season:

progresss.jpg

I didn't include all the goalscorers - just those with 9+ goals. I must admit I was nervous when I had to face Man. U., but as you can see it went quite well in the first leg (the most recent match played in the list):

results1.jpg

Three matches lost so far - away to Betis, away to Getafe and away to Rangers (I seriously didn't expect that, though). This tactic seems to be struggling a bit if the opposition is extremely defensive minded.

fantastic tactic and eventually puts a nail in the coffin of the "rule of one" which is now officially dead.

Your defensive unit must play together, with your midfield being the link to your attacking unit which must play together.

First 4 games of EPL first season 9.3 won 1 lost 3, (then install tactic) next 4 games pld 4 won 4. 1 goal conceded 8 scored :)

@9inarowhoops

Yeah, I'm still using OI all the time. I've made a small change though but I'm not sure it matters - if there are wingers on each side of an AMC, I don't change the default tight marking OI.

@Zaffy duck

Glad to hear you're having success - what team are you playing with?

Just to give you an update Troels, I instructed my Juventus players to use this tactic in pre season (i'm in 2014). I won Serie A last year but decided to change tactics. Obviously personel have changed and I've got some very good players in my team.

Results so far (and apart from putting best corner takers/free kickers takers etc. on, I haven't changed anything else)

Super Cup - Roma 3-1 W

Champions League - Real Madrid 0-0, Dinpro 3-0 W

Serie A - Brescia 3-0 W, Fiorentina 1-0 W, Palermo 3-0 W, Genoa 3-0 W, Lazio 2-0 W, Inter 2-2 D, Udinese 4-3 W

Overall record is P10 W8 D2 L0 Goals Scored 24 (average 2.4 per game) Goals Conceded 6 (0.6 per game)

Review

Noticeable differences to me on this tactic are:

i) the amount of times the wingers feature in the game, I seem to score or have a lot of chances through headers after good wing play

ii) Opponents have a lot of shots from outside the box which tend to graze the bar or go over

iii) Luck seems to be on my side with this tactic, i.e. 90th minute own goal to beat Fiorentina, luck plays a very important part in FM i feel

Now, after what Troels said about playing with a world class team, after ten games I would say "Yes, this tactic seems to fit this description." However, I was 2-0 up against Inter and having gone half a dozen games without conceding, to condede two goals was disappointing. I have just followed this up with a 4-3 victory at Udinese but this was Udinese's first loss of the season so they are no mugs.

Now for the other side of it. I am also the manager of my beloved Denmark and I have decided to play exactly the same way to see what happens (even though I think I have another tactic in my database which is more suited). Denmark are not a world class team (although they are ranked at 15 in the world atm on the game).

First three results

World Cup Qualifying

Belgium @ home - Lost 1-0. They scored direct from a corner. This has never happened to me as yet so I wonder if it was anything to do with the tactic.

Montenegro away - Drew 1-1. Bendtner opened scoring after keeper tried to dribble round him, empty net finish. They equalised from 18 yards away, shot from left to right along the ground.

Hungary @ home - Drew 1-1. Larson (L) scored from a free kick but for some reason Poulsen decided to hack down one of their players from behind in the second half and they equalised.

So what have I learnt from this? This tactic probably isn't suited to Denmark, I may persist with it for 3 more games. I have only conceded one goal from open play though and I am missing good players through injury (4 got injured against Montenegro so I was missing my left back, centre mid, AMR and Bendtner.

Carlos

Thanks for the feedback Carlos - as a Dane, I'm sorry the tactic didn't work well for Denmark ;). Besides that I'm glad it seems to be working for your Juve team.

I'm expecting to finish the season during this weekend, and I'll post the final results asap.

Cheers Troels... would you suggest i knock the tactic on the head for Denmark and perhaps go to the one which was successful for me with Juve last year? Laurito and Palaoschi are banging them in for me yet Rooney (who cost me ALOT of money) can't seem to score consistently since joining me last season.

Well, I imagine national teams have to adapt to new tactics as well, and 3 matches may not be enough. If I were you, I'd use an already working tactic for Denmark in the qualifiers, and when it's friendly "season" try using this tactic and see if they adapt to it. If they don't it's probably not meant to be :)

Btw - has Rooney learnt Italian? I find that my strikers struggle a bit, if they don't speak the language - or at least it seems that way.

I'll have to check Rooney, haven't got the game loaded atm but could you honestly say he is learnt English never mind Italian!? Apart from a few swear words that is, his English is probably worse than yours!

He seems to have more joy playing on the right hand side of midfield.

I'm struggling for a world class right back in my game atm, Nelson just isn't up to the job but I am not willing to fork out over £30million for a right back.

Carlos

Well, I imagine national teams have to adapt to new tactics as well, and 3 matches may not be enough. If I were you, I'd use an already working tactic for Denmark in the qualifiers, and when it's friendly "season" try using this tactic and see if they adapt to it. If they don't it's probably not meant to be :)

Btw - has Rooney learnt Italian? I find that my strikers struggle a bit, if they don't speak the language - or at least it seems that way.

I play with Man City and bought 3 Russians, striker Pogrebnyak is struggling, could be because of that. Anyway, after shopping spree with

Well, tried your tactic with Liverpool save, 3-3 away with Tottenham in first match I tried it. And I didn't change player instructions, just run it, so not bad result. But I seemed somewhat vulnerable to shots just outside the box and generally defense didn't have that good game. Also, if you have good AMC like Gerrard, it's bit difficult to find use for him in formation.

As for Gerrard, can't you just use him as the free role midfielder? Most of opposition's chances will usually be long shots - they rarely score on those in my game though. Again, your team needs to adapt to the new tactic, which is why I think it's best to switch to it pre season, so it'll work after you're done with the friendlies.

Finally finished the season with some quite impressive results (although the CL final against Juventus was a bit too exciting as my team went behind fairly quickly. Thankfully Paloschi managed to bag two goals to win the match):

finalresults.jpg

It'll be interesting to see if the next season will be just as good.

Update time

If you rememeber the first 10 games went P10 W8 D2 L0 Goals 24 Conceded 6

Next 10 games

Won 6 Drawn 2 Lost 2

2 games lost were 1-0 away at Parma (struggling) and Roma

2 games drawn were Napoli at home 0-0 and Cluj away 2-2

6 games won against Livorno, Reggina, Catania, Sampdoria, Cluj and Dinamo

Total goals scored 15

Total goals against 5

Not really too impressive now the tactic seems and actually at Cluj in the CL I was 2-0 down with 13 minutes left and had to rely on 94th minute equaliser.

I have actually just played another four games, drawing 2-2 at home to Milan and then lost 3-0 at Real Madrid so I've decided to go back to another tactic for a few games as I'm lying third atm in the league...

Rooney has not learnt any Italian Troels and has 9 goals in 44 appearances...

@mikcheck

The link works fine here.

@CarlosEsDios

I'm sorry your not getting the results I was hoping for. I'll play another half season with my Real Madrid team to see if it can reproduce the good results in the previous season, and then I'll try starting a new game with Inter or Liverpool, not sure which yet, to see if the tactic will work there, or if it's just a one hit wonder for me.

Would it help if you knew my team at all?

GK Buffon

RB: Nelson or Lichtsteiner

LB: Accardi or Chiellini

CB: Pique

CB: Criscito

AML: Alex or Piatti

AMR: Candeias

MC: Cigarini and Marchisio

ST: Laurito, Rooney, Paloschi

I've got other players as well i.e. Diogo who cost the previous manager £20million. I've got Guillherme (AMC/FC) who cost £28million as well

Well, neither Marchisio nor Cigarini are able to fulfill a free role at all, according to genie scout. Alex and Piatti have 13 and 15 respectively and Candeias 10, so they should do better, though not perfect. I'm not sure it'll work, but try removing the free roles instructions from your players and see what happens. Montolivo and Sneijder are both very good in free roles in the central midfield. For wingers, Marquinhos and Buonanotte are highly recommended, if you're considering spending a bit of money. Laurito, in my game at least, have serious problems when it comes to important matches.

I have no idea if the above will work.

I've just brought an AML in by the name of Ochirosii so I'll see how he is on the left wing...

Bought Sahko from PSG as well to boost the defence

At the Half Way Stage (all played 19 games)

PTS

1. Juventus 43

2. Inter 41

3. Napoli 40

4. AC Milan 40

I've just brought an AML in by the name of Ochirosii so I'll see how he is on the left wing...

Bought Sahko from PSG as well to boost the defence

At the Half Way Stage (all played 19 games)

PTS

1. Juventus 43

2. Inter 41

3. Napoli 40

4. AC Milan 40

can i ask how to download this tactic, i click on the link, but auto tac doesnt work and neither dos winrar?? I have donwloaded other tactics this way, i would love to try this one with rangers? please help

@Gdawg69

Just download the file and put it in your tactics folder. Then start the game and import the tactic. No need to use winrar as the file is not rar'ed.

@data.hypercomplex

It might - try playing without the free roles and see what happens.

From first post:

I use the following OI's:

Striker/lone AMC: tight marking, always close down, show on weaker foot, hard tackling.

DM/MRLC/AMRL©: always close down, show on weaker foot, hard tackling.

DRL/WBRL: always close down, show on weaker foot

'lone AMC' is when there are no AMR or AML next to him.

I've been using a new tactic every season that I've downloaded from these forums. I decided to try your tactic out with Liverpool in the game's 3rd season the other day.

It's a very stable and consistent tactic. Indeed, my form was better than any of the other popular tactics that I've tried. It doesn't result in as many goals scored as some of the other tactics, but you still score while conceding less at the other end.

I won every competition going that season - the EPL, FA Cup, UEFA cup ('Pool were struggling before I took over), and League Cup.

I'm Udinese now and I'm going to use a different tactic this season, but I definitely recommend this tactic to other users.

Thanks for making a great tactic Troels

It still comes up this error message:

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\TFJ-4-2-2-2 (R. Madrid, Dec 2011)-1.tac could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred.

Try saving to disc first and then opening the file.

The same happenes when i try and download knaps tactic, but none otehrs as of yet, i know it is not a problem your end, but i ahve no idea what im missing or what im doing wrong, i'm jsut following the link, pressing download now and it says this.

I've just downloaded your tactic and played two games so far with Man Utd. In the first one i beat Chelsea 3-0 in the league cup semi-final first leg and the second one i beat West Ham away in the league 2-0. So it's :thup: from me, so far anyway. Before this I was struggling to score and all my strikers seemed out of form but they seem to have been given a lease of life so thank you.

Archived