Nice tactic for World Class teams (so far) 9.3.0

Update: halfway through the next season my results are as follows:

halfwayz.jpg

Even though I've conceded a few more goals, the results are very acceptable. I've lost one game away to Barcelona in the Spanish supercup (I won on away goals) and I got a draw away to Schalke - a match I should have won according to play and chances.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of season results are in. I won't be updating this thread anymore, as it seems the tactic is very consistent and successful. If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them. In this second season I only lost one game - away to Barcelona. I would have liked to increase my league points compared to last season, but the league was won with 6 games to go, and the team didn't play too well in the remaining games.

Now I'll see if I can come up with a decent tactic for lower quality teams.

Anyway, here are the results:

endseason.jpg

No particular players are needed for this tactic, with the exception of the following: your AMs and non defensive MC must be able to play in a free role. It may still work, if you remove the tick in the 'free roles' box, but I'm not sure. Besides that, the tactic relies more on teamwork than individuality, so it might work with Hoffenheim. I haven't tried this tactic with teams of lesser quality, so don't expect Spurs to e.g. annihilate the big four. The important thing to remember is that your team need to adapt to the tactic, which may take up to 10 or 15 matches, which is why it would be best to apply it preseason when the friendlies are up.

Well, you may consider it cheating, but I use geniescout. I'm not sure you can tell by looking at the players' stats, although it may have something to do with anticipation and off the ball. Perhaps also flair and creativity.

Edit: Actually, I don't know what triggers the free role. I've looked at players with similar stats - some can paly in a free role, others can't. You can read a bit about here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=6181&highlight=free+role

Edit#2: Players without the free role might be able to do well anyway - especially when it comes to the wingers. With this tactic it just let's them leave the side line and go towards goal once in a while.

I don't know much about Ferrol, so I can't say if those results are good, but you seem to be happy enough :) I'm glad it's working.

Media pred said that I was supposed to fight against relegation. I used your tactic in last 12 games and I won 7, draw 5. So it's a great tactic or it's great for spanish style of football. We will see

It was just a step in my history I'v received a contract from atalanta (seria A) We will see how does it work in Italy :]

My team:

GK C.PANTILIMON

LB C.MOLINARO

CB V.DEMIDOV

CD T.REGINIUSSEN

RB D.CAPELLI(RIEN NOK)

MC(DEF) H.BERNARDELLO

MC(OFF) C.PALUMBO

AML O. FERREYRA

AMR A.VANDEN BORRE

ST M.MARCONI

ST G.FERNANDEZ

I BOUGHT 23 Players so it will take some time untill they get used to play together, But I will let U know how does it work.

OH! Media prediction 12

Quick Update!

I'v just finished my first big game in seria A

Atalanta(12) - AS Rome(media pred 4)

Shots 11-11

on tar 3-4

off tar 2-4

blocked 6-3

clear cut 1-1

B Posses 54%-46%

It's great score because I played without Gaston Fenandez and C Palumbo and my team still has problems with new tactic and we have some language problems as well so teamwork is not gut enough.

@Mr Hough

Wingers with good crossing, a decent goalkeeper able to stop long shots, forwards with good finishing and composure. A strong CMD and a fairly creative CM <-- the free role CM. Besides that just decent players. Wingbacks with good crossing and passing is also recommended.

Hi, I think i'm going to try this with the other "bigger team" in La Liga: Barcelona.

Will try to sign an extra Striker, and a Defender in pre-season, and add a few more friendlies. Will Report back after 10 competitive matches :)

Cheers

And i did :) 9 wins 1 draw.

Twas a good tactic. I noticed you score quite a few from set pieces be it free kicks and penalties.

So yeah, good tactic, but i won't be trying it again due to my frustration at creating my own tactic :p

So well done, and good luck.

Going to try this tactic with Liverpool.

Should be interesting, as you've had good feedback. =)

I'll update after I've played 10 League games, and I'm still only in Pre-season. ;)

EDIT: Also, how do you think tactic will fare with no OIs?

Have you tried it?

I'm only asking because I hate OIs, and I'd rather not use them... But if it will make the tactic worse, then I will take the time to use them. =P

@j da best

Good to hear you had success with it :)

@JDownie

I haven't tried without OI's - I'm just guessing, but I think setting the OI's will make the team put the opponent under more pressure and thereby conquer the ball more. Try with and without and see what happens :) Good luck with Liverpool.

JDownie

I've used this tactic with Liverpool and Barcelona without issuing OIs and it hasn't been detrimental to my success with both of those clubs.

Indeed, I won everything going with 'Pool and, although I haven't finished my season with Barcelona, I'm on course to win everything again.

Cheers

no started a new game pre season was hit and miss first few league games went ok then chelsea ripped me to bits with over 40 shots the reading in the cup with over 25 shots beat me 1-0 so tactic didn't work for me

Not sure about this yet, looked for a new tactic for my Barca team after losing out on a 5th consecutive league title as the old one broke down over that season. Played it in 3 games, two easy games, both won 3-0, and a 2-1 defeat of Valencia which flattered them.

I've played one league game this season and in addition to my friendlies, it's given me reservations. Chelsea battered us and we were lucky to draw 1-1, they recorded 24 shots. Rayo from the 2nd division drew with us AND got more shots!

Just played Gimnastic and though we won 2-0, they probably played a little better. It seems that when we go forward, the ball ends up being intercepted and cleared too easily, our midfield is bypassed with a single pass and the defence stand stupidly.

That said, it was very effective in the final three games last season and I'm not going to drop such a highly-regarded tactic on one competitive game and I do use my own OIs, will use yours to see if it helps. So I'll keep you posted.

Oh yeah, and I'm a huge fan of not having 5 versions of it, so good job on that!

I would've thought this tactic suited Man. U. rather nicely.

In a way it does suit Man U, but most of the goals I've coincided are all shots from outside. In CL this tactic has been disastrous. In all my years of playing FM I've never head any problems in the group stage with a biggie. In the league it has been good though.

Are you using the OI's I specified? Most of the opponents chances are long shots, but if you close down the shooters, they usually miss the target. Granted, I've been playing with Casillas on goal, and he is a fantastic keeper, no doubt about that.

• 5 months later...
Wanted to try, but link is broke !!!

Please put decent links up for d/l before posting tactics here, cheers

This is an old thread and nobody has downloaded the tactic for a long time, so the link is broken... That's why I asked for someone who could re-upload this tactic but now everybody keeps saying the link doesn't work. :o

I agree this is a good tactic but i think whats really gets it going is the OI. I´ve actually made my own tactic using your version of OI and now i´m winning every home game and havn´t lost yet 21 matches in to the season whit my Ajax "original 9.0.3" squad.

Archived