The worst review in history?

It's not a bad review if you consider the target audience (North Americans). I'd imagine there'd be similar reviews in Europe for a baseball management sim. I would much prefer an EA baseball game than a complex management sim because I know nothing about baseball.

Except that is NOT how a review is supposed to be carried out in any sane or proffesional way.

A review is supposed to judge the game against its peers, that means you compare FPS games to FPS games, RTS games to RTS games, MMORPG's to MMORPG's and management games to management games.

The reviewer is also responsible for walking into the experience with an open mind, if they hate a particular sport or game type then its their duty to either pass the review onto someone competent in that field or to research the game and draw a realistic conclusion.

Lastly find me a credible UK review of Madden, NBA, or NHL etc... that completely trashed them as being crappy American games purely out of spite and ill give you 20 quid.

I think the % is a typo there. I believe the rating is actually out of 10, not 100.

Oh and the choice of reviewer for the fm review was shocking, as was his/her obviously non-existent research into what the game was meant to be. If I was the guy (or girl)'s employer, I would be hopping mad at such incompetence.

What's so wrong with this review?

He/She pointed out that he/she is a casual gamer and his/her reflections on the game are based on this.

He/She admitted that the game has a lot of depth.

It's rather a very interesting review and honest and last but not least, this type of gamer FM needs/wants to attract in future iterations, if I'm not mistaken.

So, we'll see an interface and tactics module overhaul, more in-game feedback, better 3D.

He/She is not to blame for the shortcomings in FM the writer has pointed out. That, despite those shortcomings FM has been the greatest football sim game ever, is not taken into consideration.

The thing that's so wrong is the reviewer obviously had done no research into what the game was about, and so picked up on what are while useful, not the most pertinent points of the game. The sentence below illustrates my point as the reviewer dispatches the whole point of the game with one throwaway line.

Apart from managing your roster and coaching your team, there really isn't anything to do at all.

The thing that's so wrong is the reviewer obviously had done no research into what the game was about, and so picked up on what are while useful, not the most pertinent points of the game. The sentence below illustrates my point as the reviewer dispatches the whole point of the game with one throwaway line.

Apart from managing your roster and coaching your team, there really isn't anything to do at all.

Well, other words for it got too repetitive to quick for the reviewer. Not everyone loves scouting and the extra little things one can do. I agree, that id the reviewer might have felt it's just not his/her cup of tea to have someone else reviewing it. Might be, that it never occured to him.

Guys and ladies are we still discussing a review that was released almost a year ago? (if this is still about the review of IGN of 2/10)

The guys and ladies at IGN had already apologize for it and earase the review from their website.

My opinion is this the reviewer didn't know what FM was about. (you don't know how many people don't know what is FM) He or she knew it was football game and thought it was in the lines of Fifa or PES (that was quite shock to him or her when loaded FM09). It is something you can create many theories of the reasons of this "Mistake" (personally and this my opinion, FM09 was and still worst game of FM to date), and no one will never know the truth.

So how about we shift our attention to FM10 that is going to be released in less then two months?

Archived