Second Season Syndrome

Hi, tactical advice is needed please!

Im Crewe on 9.3, using the preset formation 422 Defensive(its a counter attack tactic) in my first season I came 5th and lost in the play off semis, I possibly would have got automatic promotion but for a 10game dodgy spell

Second season - I have signed a load of gems, players my scouts thought were quality or definite purchase or sign at any cost, my 'Team Report' is the max starts for 9 out of the 11 positions and the other 2 i think are only 1 star off.

However I am doing ####! After 10 games I think I am down in 13th...what is going on!

Assistant feedback in game 'some players are having problems gelling' - would signing new players really make enough difference to make my team play pants, even when they players are awesome!

Also I didnt know if 442 Defensive might be a bad tactic - as I now without doubt have the best side in the league is this now a bad tactic as it uses the Counter Attack, should I try switching to 442 normal/attacking?

And is there a way to make my team gel quicker...or does that not make much difference?

I confused how my semi pants side can do so well, my super awesome team do pants! Please help :)

Neil

I'm not hotshot on this game, as i'm still getting to grips with it, but it does look like you have signed a lot of new players in a very short amount of time, so I think the main problem is letting them settle. They will need time to gel together to get the best out of them.

Check what how your assistant thinks the squad is blending, that should give you an indication of how they react with each other

you need to switch tactics, in the first season teams would have been coming at you allowing you to pick them off on the counter, now you will have gained more respect from the opposition and they will be keeping a lot more players behind the ball, rendering your counter attacking tactics ineffective.

It's up to you now to break down the other teams, with a more attacking approach, more width and playing balls down the flanks seems to be the best way to break down park the bus type teams

in my 1st season with qpr i signed 11 players in the summer, team was shocking, even tho the players i signed where awesome. just didnt gel and after a run of bad results its hard to get them playing well. i hit jan in 14th place, signed some players from england, just didnt have time to let south americans etc settle, the result... stormed up the league and pipped watford into the playoffs on GD,` just about to play the final now actually:D

Archived