FMS CM 01/02 2006 World Cup Nostalgia Night - September 10th/11th 2005

Peacemaker7

Coming soon, a great FMS online event! Reliving the past glories of the greatest game ever made, there will be an Online World Cup competition held on the evenings of September 10th and 11th from 9pm BST. Competition is open to all FMS community members passed and present and will be based on the Championship Manager (3) 2001/2002 version of the game.

The teams will be announced once known as will the procedure for selecting them. If you are interested in this event, please say so here and those of us who care will think about it. If your face fits. Then again, Pussbags face doesnt fit and he's playing.

List of Players so Far

Peacemaker7 (host)

Raptor

Pussbag

Daz the Imp

WLKRAS

Terk

BrianW icon_redface.gif

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming soon, a great FMS online event! Reliving the past glories of the greatest game ever made, there will be an Online World Cup competition held on the evenings of September 10th and 11th from 9pm BST. Competition is open to all FMS community members passed and present and will be based on the Championship Manager (3) 2001/2002 version of the game.

The teams will be announced once known as will the procedure for selecting them. If you are interested in this event, please say so here and those of us who care will think about it. If your face fits. Then again, Pussbags face doesnt fit and he's playing.

List of Players so Far

Peacemaker7 (host)

Raptor

Pussbag

Daz the Imp

WLKRAS

Terk

BrianW icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WeWillAlwaysBeALight:

well that's fair, i mean everyone owns CM 01/02 dont they icon_rolleyes.gif

why not do an fm2005 network game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can get it from play.com for £4.99 delivered - bargain or what!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terriers4ever:

**** idea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did we ask your opinion, no. If you dont like the idea then bugger off and dont clutter up the thread with your drivel. Same goes for anyone else that doesnt like it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by binny:

Won't be able to join you all I'm afraid - got exams that week icon_frown.gif

But looking forward to the inevitable story icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was looking forward to beating you as well ;( icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

I would soooooo... love to do this, but I just can't do online play (I think)...

(though I could do a tactic/holiday participation...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why cant you do online? Come along anyway and we can see what happens.

Bob are you playing at all?

Love to PM but I don't think that I'll be around that weekend. If things change and you need a last-minute sub then I could give it a go. It's a damn fine idea and I really hope it gets off the ground. I've never actually played an online game and it would be a good experience.

I should have everything ready Sat or Sun witht he save and we can see what teams are available and hence how many people can play, although I dont think there will be anyone left out. Not sure how we'll pick teams yet, possibly on a random allotment or first come or mibbe some other way.

Ok as I thought I am now working till 7pm on Friday the 9th so I suggest we have about an hours session on the Friday from say 9pm-10pm to set up squads and stuff, then play on Saturday from 9pm and same Sunday if we need it.

Team lists to come.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Ok as I thought I am now working till 7pm on Friday the 9th so I suggest we have about an hours session on the Friday from say 9pm-10pm to set up squads and stuff, then play on Saturday from 9pm and same Sunday if we need it.

Team lists to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good to me. How did you decide to allocate teams in the end? I don't really care as long as I don't get England icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

I think we should pick teams based on how many CMS awards one's won icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well its as good a way as any!

I guess what people should do is list their top five choices now before we know the qualifiers, and then we'll use the order of awards to select.(FMS 'fame' will decide order if awards level tied) If none of your five choices qualify, are already taken you get a team at random. If you dont respond by the time I decide to allocate teams you get given one, probably a really crappy one.

Player List So Far

Peacemaker7 (host)

Raptor

Pussbag

Daz the Imp

WLKRAS

Terk

BrianW

WeWillwhatever

OMDave

attjen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

How can I be above Simon in the pecking order? icon_eek.gif

I've only been part of the forum for about eighteen months, and I've never finished a story yet...either... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've both by my counting won one award, he won CMser of the Year, you won best noobie. You could argue the piece but best noob is something you can only win once and so just edges it in my book icon_wink.gif

The Qualifiers

Top Seeds

Italy - Pussbag

Germany - Raptor

Brazil

France - OMDave

Argentina

Spain - Peacemaker7

Holland - WLKRAS

Portugal

Second Seeds

Belarus

Croatia

Yugoslavia

Sweden

Denmark

Scotland - Terk

Ireland

Belgium

Russia

Third Seeds

Colombia

Uruguay

Japan

South Korea

Saudi Arabia

Paraguay

Indonesia

Bottom Seeds

USA

Tunisia

Nigeria

Ivory Coast

South Africa

Mexico

Senegal

Costa Rica

Not that seedings mean anything in this game. Bolded italics teams are claimed, italics only means not manageable everyone else can still be taken.

Daz - all five of your teams failed to qualify, I'll let you pick who you want from those remaining. Same goes for anyone else now, first come first served.

"Aux armes, citoyens,

Formez vos bataillons,

Marchons, marchons,

Qu'un sang impur

Abreuve nos sillons.

I take it England didn't even qualify, as they don't appear in the seeding icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Would have been nice to beat them, of course, but us arrogant cheese-eating surrender monkeys will just have to find some other whipping boys...

Classic. If it isn't too much extra trouble, could you include stats (ratings, goals, etc.) with the qualifying tables.

Maybe we could have predictions on winners/best goalscorers/top rated players and the like. Just to spice things up a little.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

I'm gonna do Chris (WLKRAS) a favour here: he can take Oranje, and I'll switch to Germany. Should spice things up a little bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust you to be akward icon_razz.gif Well you can just edit the team list then icon_rolleyes.gificon_cool.gif

Archived