PPM - how to get curls balls?

Not sure if you can. I have two players with this that had it from game start. The first one have tutored many youngsters and passed on his PPMs, but not the curl ball move. In addition I can ask them to stop doing all their PPMs except to stop curling the ball.

I might be off the mark here, but i was looking at PPM's this morning and it seems (could b e wrong) that they are linked.

I was looking at tackles and I wanted my players to 'stay on feet during tackles'. the only players that had this available were the ones that did NOT have 'dives into tackles'.

So, it seemed to me that I need to teach them to not to dive into tackles first and then it might open up the stay of feet on.

On this basis I am guessing that curls ball might follow on from places shot????????????????

see if you have a player that has places shot and see if its offered.

Lee

I might be off the mark here, but i was looking at PPM's this morning and it seems (could b e wrong) that they are linked.

I was looking at tackles and I wanted my players to 'stay on feet during tackles'. the only players that had this available were the ones that did NOT have 'dives into tackles'.

So, it seemed to me that I need to teach them to not to dive into tackles first and then it might open up the stay of feet on.

On this basis I am guessing that curls ball might follow on from places shot????????????????

see if you have a player that has places shot and see if its offered.

Lee

Its one PPM, mate.

Dive into tackles = learn the move

Stay on feet during tackles = unlearn the move

Does that mean he has originally 'ball curling' or able to learn(cause in my game he has 'lobe keeper' and 'place shots')?

He has it originally in mine. And in mine he has "Shoots with power" and not places shots :confused:

Its one PPM, mate.

Dive into tackles = learn the move

Stay on feet during tackles = unlearn the move

I think you might be wrong on this one.

I have re-checked Ledley King and he currently has no PPM's. However, he DOES have the option of learning 'stay on feet'.

The others that Dive into tackles do NOT have this option, which is why I think its a tree like learning system. It may only be a small twig at the end of a branch, but I still think you have to learn somethings in order to get to others.

Lee

Mate, just checked PPMs available to plain Central Defs(with no PPM learned). Here they are(9 PPMs in total):

* round the keeper then one on one

* throw himself into tackles

* stay on feet when tackling palyers

* place his shots into the corner of the net

* get forward whenever possible

* blast the ball into the ball of the net

* try long shots whenever possible

* rifle free-kicks in

* play a simple passing game

I'm pretty sure the list doesn't change. Just when you learn some move, instead you get to unlearn that move. (Of course, that would need testing and tinkering with all those PPMs).

One more thing: PPMs are related strictly to possitions as I understand.

What I found interesting, diferent players(exactly same possition) have those same PPMs sorted in different order. Does that mean player will learn more likely the PPM sorted higher in the list? Or does it mean the PPM sorted higher in the list is more suitable for player according to the stats? I'm pretty sure it means smth, otherwise PPMs would be sorted alphabetically or some other common order...

Oppinions?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Yes, I have seen a number of regens with 'curls ball', not very common, but seen it from time to time. Think it might be tied to technique needing a high technique to be 'born' with it or to be tutored successfully. I have a 25 y/o regen right mid who has it (19 technique). I had him successfully tutor a young 18 y/o MRC (natural MR) prospect who also had 19 technique, but no other guys who he has tutored (about 5-6) have picked it up.

Ok, then it raises question: have anyone seen a regen with 'curls ball'? If no, then I guess this winderfull PPM is doomed to extinction :(

I just bough a portugal wingback with curl ball in 2015 (9.0.3)

I would like to have the filter for PPM so i can find the players i want much easier!

How do these indivual instructions actually help? I always try and teach players things I would like them to do, like round or lob the keeper, but does this mean they will score more?!?! Surely they are just as likely to score by slotting it past him than taking him on, so is it just to kinda add your personal perference, or will players with good dribbling make good "keeper taker onners"?

also, stuff like run with ball down the left - shouldn't all left wingers do this anyway???

Archived