My X-mass Tree Tactic

Hey guys i need some help further testing my recent tactic.

So far i have only used it in 1 full season with liverpool and half a season with eastbourne boro. It seems to work positively in both cases, although of course i expected liverpool to get much better results than rubbish teams like boro.

Anyway here are my preliminary findings (for liverpool)

Games played 59 - wins 40 (67.8%) draws 10 (16.9%) lost 9 (15.3%)

Results: Won Premier league with 85 points (on the last day though). Lost in Semi-Final of League cup by a 88th minute goal to newcastle. (2-1 aggregate). Lost in 4th round of FA cup 0-2 against Chelsea. Lost in Champions league semi-final to chelsea on away goal (1-1 on aggregate). Was undefeated at home in any competition in fact my home record for the league was 18-1-0. Really dominated teams at home. My top scorer was Fernando Torres with 28 goals in 46 games. Goals scored was 1.53 p/m and conceded 0.61 p/m.

I also found that this tactic really overwhelmed defensive teams, as well as teams that try to defend after taking the lead.

Some of my losses and draws are also due to the fact that i was working out the tactic as i was playing games (for example i conceded about 7 penalties, because i set the goalie on team pressing - yes).

Anyway Here is the Tactic, let me know what results you get.

Positions:

------------GK-----------

--RB----CB----CB----LB--

--RM-------CM------LM--

------ACM----ACM-------

-----------FC------------

Just move forward the two CM's from a flat 4-5-1 and remove runs.

Team instructions:

Emphasis: Attacking

Passing: Normal

Tackling: Normal (switch to hard in the last 20 or so minutes if you really need a winner or equalizer, I came back from 0-2 down to win 3-2 against villareal, simply by going hard tackling)

Pressing: Yes (when i don't press games are more high scoring, but i concede more)

Rest: NO

Player Instructions:

Passing: Team

Tackling: CM, ML, MR - Hard, Rest - Team

Pressing: GK, FC and Defenders: No, MC - Yes, MR, ML, and AMCs- team (MC is pressing regardless of whether i choose team pressing or not)

Pass: R/L/C to all

Set Pieces (A): GK - Normal DL, DR - back, all other forward

Set Pieces (D): GK, ML: Normal, FC - Forward, all other - Back

Free Role: Everyone: NO (although you can give AMCs or FC free role if you like)

Forward Runs: GK, CBs, MC - No, Everyone else: yes

Run with ball: MR, ML, AMCs, FC - Yes, All other: No

Hold up ball: everyone: no

Long Shots: AMCs: Yes All others: No

Through Balls: Everyone: no, except MC

Cross Ball: DR, DL, MR, ML - Yes, Everyone else: no

Marking: GK, FC - None, DL, DR, ML, MR - Zonal, EVeryone else - Man

Please help me test this further, so I know if it's rubbish or it only works w/ Pool

Archived