Just when I was about to get into the FM mood

Hey.

Just when I was going to really enjoy Football Manager 2009 I got a massive setback.

My story goes like this. In December 2010 I was very happy to be appointed in a big club - AS Roma. I got a team with good players so I was satisfied so far. The club was placed 10th in the league after 15 matches, so my goal was to get a top 4 at the end of the season. I made an attacking and a balanced tactic to reach my goal. To make a long story short, I became 5th. I played 23 matches losing only once! I won 15 and drew 7. I didn't get the fourth Champions League spot, but I was happy with my performance overall.

Now to the thing that made me less addicted to FM09. In my second season as Roma manager I was aiming high. Looking at my 23-match run I couln't think otherwise. I bought Akinfeev (who has played very well for me), a Spanish right back and Di Maria as a reserve. My squad was complete. But, things didn't go after my plan. So far, my team has suddenly turned into a team with no top-quality at all. Now, after six matches in the new Serie A season my match stats are W3 D1 L2. I have won all of my three home matches, but only with a small margin - only once I really deserved to win. My away matches have been horrible. My only point away (0-0 draw) was against Milan who outplayed me totally.

What is going on guys? Out of the sudden my tactics don't work any more (especially away) - is it because they got "cracked"? If so, I don't want to play this game any more - I don't know how many hours I have put into making my tactics! I don't know what's worse - to play a huge amount of time leading to this or the fact that I simply don't know what to do (I don't know exactly where I'm going wrong).

Am I alone on this?

Mate, just have a patience and try to change two or three players in the starting line-up. Tactic can stop working for a few matches without obvious reasons (I´m currently investigating these reasons like overconfidence and lack of motivation), but if the tactic is really good, it will work again.

Sounds like you have a problem with your away tactics

That was also my first thought, of course. But again, the point of my thread is that why this is happening - both my tactics worked almost perfectly last season :confused:

Mate, just have a patience and try to change two or three players in the starting line-up. Tactic can stop working for a few matches without obvious reasons (I´m currently investigating these reasons like overconfidence and lack of motivation), but if the tactic is really good, it will work again.

Patience is a good thing, I know. I have now played a few more matches. The same still goes on - it seems like my tactics are out of function and I have to create new ones. And yes, I have tweaked them a bit, without any succes.

Archived