Editing whos playing Champions Cup

Swahn

I play the premie league, and switched last season positions for a few teams, to get some other teams to play the champios cup in the first season.

Ie I gave Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal from 5 to 8, but its still these teams who are playing the champions cup.

is there a list with unik club numbers for this competition?

There's a seperate part in the 'Competitions' section where you set who is in continental competitions and their seeding. You need delete champions cup from the big four and assign it to the teams you set as being the top four teams in the league.

There's a seperate part in the 'Competitions' section where you set who is in continental competitions and their seeding. You need delete champions cup from the big four and assign it to the teams you set as being the top four teams in the league.

Thanks again Jimmy!! You are the man ;-)

• 1 month later...
You're welcome. :thup::D

I did this but when starting a new game, it hadn't been done. For example Russian champions Ruben were in the UEFA cup rather than champs league. Is it position and seeding that matters or will seeding a team in a comp do the job?

Plus does seeding affect if they have to qualify for uefa/champs league?

• 1 month later...
I did this but when starting a new game, it hadn't been done. For example Russian champions Ruben were in the UEFA cup rather than champs league. Is it position and seeding that matters or will seeding a team in a comp do the job?

Plus does seeding affect if they have to qualify for uefa/champs league?

Does anyone know how to get this right yet?

I've been making my own update for the 09/10 season and it seems i've got things working for the big 5 leagues, but I seem to be getting pretty much random qualifiers from the Dutch and Portuguese leagues for instance. I've tried editing their position last season, entering them into the correct continental cup, with the correct seeding and even editing their history for 2008 into 2009 (league position, points) but nothing seems to work. I've even seen Feyenoord appear in CL even though they weren't in it for 2008 and aren't for 2009 either.

Does anyone know how to get this right yet?

I've been making my own update for the 09/10 season and it seems i've got things working for the big 5 leagues, but I seem to be getting pretty much random qualifiers from the Dutch and Portuguese leagues for instance. I've tried editing their position last season, entering them into the correct continental cup, with the correct seeding and even editing their history for 2008 into 2009 (league position, points) but nothing seems to work. I've even seen Feyenoord appear in CL even though they weren't in it for 2008 and aren't for 2009 either.

When you start a new game are you selecting the big 5 leagues as playable?

I'd guess that the database entries for continental competition aren't loaded by the game for teams from inactive nations. Hence the game selects them randomly, with a heavy weighting on reputation.

Not sure how to get round this though.

When you start a new game are you selecting the big 5 leagues as playable?

I'd guess that the database entries for continental competition aren't loaded by the game for teams from inactive nations. Hence the game selects them randomly, with a heavy weighting on reputation.

Not sure how to get round this though.

Something like this seems to be the case yeah. I tried loading the Dutch league earlier, and it actually seemed to be working fine, but noticed the German one (which I didn't have loaded then, but had earlier) once again had the wrong clubs in. Reputation does seem to play a role since it's particularly hard to get teams like AZ (Dutch champions), Rubin (Russian Champions) and Sivasspor (Turkish nr2) into the right competition, all of those are on relatively low rep. The funny thing is I don't think the game actually does this with the standard databases, so I'm not sure where this is coming from really.

I don't really feel like loading a dozen leagues I don't need just to have the right Euro Qualifiers, so any real solution would be much appreciated.

Something like this seems to be the case yeah. I tried loading the Dutch league earlier, and it actually seemed to be working fine, but noticed the German one (which I didn't have loaded then, but had earlier) once again had the wrong clubs in. Reputation does seem to play a role since it's particularly hard to get teams like AZ (Dutch champions), Rubin (Russian Champions) and Sivasspor (Turkish nr2) into the right competition, all of those are on relatively low rep. The funny thing is I don't think the game actually does this with the standard databases, so I'm not sure where this is coming from really.

I don't really feel like loading a dozen leagues I don't need just to have the right Euro Qualifiers, so any real solution would be much appreciated.

Reputation does not affect teams entering Europe, neither is their position in their respective league. The number of teams in each country to enter European Competitions are hard coded. For example, in England the number of teams entering Europe are 9 teams which means that if you have either less or more teams selected to enter the Competitions the game will instead randomize it for you. In the coming season, England have 7 teams qualifying for Europe and if you want to have them all enter in the competitions you need to select extra 2 more teams to qualify so to make sure the game do not randomize the teams. Hope that helps, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Reputation does not affect teams entering Europe, neither is their position in their respective league. The number of teams in each country to enter European Competitions are hard coded. For example, in England the number of teams entering Europe are 9 teams which means that if you have either less or more teams selected to enter the Competitions the game will instead randomize it for you. In the coming season, England have 7 teams qualifying for Europe and if you want to have them all enter in the competitions you need to select extra 2 more teams to qualify so to make sure the game do not randomize the teams. Hope that helps, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you for replying. The number of teams from each country in Europe is not really the issue for me however. I assumed it was hard coded, and couldn't really be bothered with trying to work around that number anyway. So wherever the numbers for the coming season don't match those for last, which is the case for nearly all leagues actually, ive just added those clubs who would have qualified had the same number of spots been available.Theres the Intertoto to consider as well, so you cant get it 100% right anyway i think.

What annoys me tho is seeing Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Schalke, Werder Bremen, Fenerbahce, Zenith and the likes in the CL. I'm sure I got the number of teams that qualified right, and when I do load those leagues I get the right teams in the right European competition. It could, I suppose, be to do with seedings? I'm not 100% sure I've got them right for every country. Then again, why would the game not mind that when the league is actually loaded, only if it isn't?

Thank you for replying. The number of teams from each country in Europe is not really the issue for me however. I assumed it was hard coded, and couldn't really be bothered with trying to work around that number anyway. So wherever the numbers for the coming season don't match those for last, which is the case for nearly all leagues actually, ive just added those clubs who would have qualified had the same number of spots been available.Theres the Intertoto to consider as well, so you cant get it 100% right anyway i think.

What annoys me tho is seeing Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Schalke, Werder Bremen, Fenerbahce, Zenith and the likes in the CL. I'm sure I got the number of teams that qualified right, and when I do load those leagues I get the right teams in the right European competition. It could, I suppose, be to do with seedings? I'm not 100% sure I've got them right for every country. Then again, why would the game not mind that when the league is actually loaded, only if it isn't?

Seeding indeed as effect, but anyway i'm not sure how to explain it tho, is pretty complicated. I will give you something to try and see if it works. Start with a default database you have that does not have a mass up European slot, lets use the Eredivisie as a test, remove all the 6 old team which is in Europe. Now assign AZ and FC Twente to UCL slot and give them seedings 1 and 2 respectively. Next put Ajax, PSV and Heerenveen in the UEFA cup slot with all seeding 1. Lastly put NAC Breda in the Intertoto Cup with seeding 1. With this it should have the correct team in the correct Competition AFAIK. Hopefully this is what you meant tho. To sum up, the seedings are also if i'm not wrong, also hard coded for all countrys so you just have to use the old seedings with the new teams this seasons.

Archived