Messing with the Finances!

PrinceEgypt

Hi guys,

Would there be any problems if i edited the finances using the Data Editor that came with the game?

All i want to do is leave the balance in it's current state as "0" or as "-1"

(What does the -1 mean exactly)???

BUT I would like to change the Transfer budget to £5m for my Oxford team.

So...just to summarise - I will have a 0 or -1 balance ....but a £5m Transfer budget.

Would that cause any issues?

Can i also re-adjust the transfer money towards wages even if i have a '0' Balance but a big Transfer budget?

Thanks

1. I can't imagine it would cause any issues.

2. Yes, you should still be able to transfer to wages regardless of bank balance.

The only problem you might have is that a few months into the game the chairman might review your budgets decide that considering the bank balance, he's going to restrict your budget. I'm not sure if it will happen but I suppose it could.

1. I can't imagine it would cause any issues.

2. Yes, you should still be able to transfer to wages regardless of bank balance.

The only problem you might have is that a few months into the game the chairman might review your budgets decide that considering the bank balance, he's going to restrict your budget. I'm not sure if it will happen but I suppose it could.

Any idea what the "-1" means in the editor for Finances?

er, you need to increase the balance of the team according to the increase in the transfer budgets. Many moons ago i increased the transfer and wage budget of my AC Milan team (i gave us a 200mil transfer kitty and a 3mil a week budget) without increasing the teams balance, and after i spent my full budget my team when into administration. I found it better just to increase the budget of the team, then the board will allocate you more, or, if i increase the budget by say 10mil i increase the club balance the same. Think of it as 'balancing the books'.

er, you need to increase the balance of the team according to the increase in the transfer budgets. Many moons ago i increased the transfer and wage budget of my AC Milan team (i gave us a 200mil transfer kitty and a 3mil a week budget) without increasing the teams balance, and after i spent my full budget my team when into administration. I found it better just to increase the budget of the team, then the board will allocate you more, or, if i increase the budget by say 10mil i increase the club balance the same. Think of it as 'balancing the books'.

Geez, you are right mate - I think that i will go into administration if i keep the balance as 0 and increase the Transfer budget to £5m -£10m

Or just use FMRTE and set your balance to 2billion. And it's real time too, no need to start a new save.

..hehe..Im not too fond of FMRTE - plus i only wanted to nudge the budget/balance up a bit - not as excessive as £2bn! lol

Archived