A world without youths

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum, but couldn't really find a good place for this.

I'm playing with Nottingham Forest and obviously have the English league playable in my save game. Because I like following other leagues and I wanted to ensure a lot of youth players I also loaded the following leagues as 'View-Only': Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, Spain and Sweden. I have also a Large database.

So, what's the problem? Well, there are hardly any (non-English) talents out there. If I start a new game and open it in Genie Scout there are 28 U23 players in the world who're rated 80%+ in their main position. In my Forest game year 2016 there are eight! Numbers for 75%+ (quality Premiership players) for U23: 167 players in the start save (this may vary, but you get the idea) - 37 players in 2016. Most of the world class youths are obviously in Nottingham Forest, the only club in the world trying to develop players.

One more thing, U17 players with a potential of 70%+ is also wrong in so many ways. Out of 53 young talents in 2016 more than 50% (31) are English! I mean, more than 50% of the talents in the world are English when I have select eleven leagues and a large database. England's national teams already dominate the scene and it's only getting worse (giving me the England job will only make it worse!).

So, is it any point of continue my save? Manchester United is still going strong with Ronaldo (31y), Tevez (32y), Hargreaves (35y) etc, but in a couple of seasons they will be too old and they and all the other top teams in the game won't find any replacements because there are not enough good youths. It will be hardly any competition for my already strong Forest side.

I guess I could start a career game in the Conference and try to manage a small side up, that would be a nice challenge, but playing at the top level (starting in the Championship) is not any point at all after around 10 seasons as far as I can see.

Is it anything wrong with my settings or is this just how the game works?

Archived