CSE Enrichment April - Pride of the Nation

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes im a left winger from United, LEGENDARY, i <3 you weeman27bob

I chose him specially

Nice one weee :thup: Nice to see my player scoring.

Quite a hilarious read too :D

I try my best

KUTGW, enjoying the read

I can probably slot you in as a youth player if you want?

Good, good. I will be the CM in that case, sounds promising

Sorry to repeat myself, but could you please tell me if my guy (DC) has decided to retire from internations/football altogether :)

Keep it up mate, brilliant read thus far :D:thup:

Whoops, meant to put that in :D

No he hasn't said anything yet.

Pride of the Nation: First Test - Part 3

With the game against Andorra over, Dafuge had a quick slug of the victory champagne before making his way to the media room. He found his seat and looked out into the mess of the press.

" Righty ho then. Questions?"

" How do you think you team performed today?"

" We won by four goals and they never looked like threatening us, so I'm very happy with the performance. Hopefully we can carry this momentum through to the harder game against Croatia."

" What did you think of Robert tonight"

" His hattrick says it all. He was outstanding and long may it continue."

" Hamilton and El Sid have both performed well coming of the bench. Are you going to be giving them more of a chance?"

" I hope to. They've both performed well and if they keep it up, you should expect to see them on the pitch soon."

" Do you think you'll beat Croatia?"

" I hope so. We've been playing good football recently but we'll need to keep playing it against Croatia if we want to come away with anything."

" Will the team be the same?"

" It's likely that the team will start the same."

That was the end of the questions, and Dafuge made his way back to the dressing room, hoping the champagne hadn't run out.

Pride of the Nation: Revenge is sweet like a lollypop

10th September.

After Spain, the team flew to Croatia. The Croats has beaten Kazakhstan by three goals to nil, so like England they were coming into the game on good form.

As they arrived at the stadium, Dafuge read out the teamsheet.

GK:Bermy Bhoy

DL: Dodgee D

DC: Super Lampard

DC: Hamilton

DR: Whoopy D

DMC: Mikey Twigge

AML: Weeman

AMC: Corinthiano

AMR: Canvey

FC: Nepen "the" Z

FC: Robert

The two "D" brothers came in on the flank after Dodgee had recovered from his dodgee prawns. Hamilton replaced Roberto at centre back, but other than that, the team stayed the same.

" Remember who stopped you going to the Euros." Dafuge told the team. " This is your chance for revenge. You've played well so far, and if you keep it up I'm sure we'll dispatch Croatia. I'm looking for quick attacking football today."

With that, the teams made their way out onto the pitch.

The game got of to a ferocious start and Canvey took a hard tackle early on. Croatia had the first chance of the game as Orbanic cracked a shot against the crossbar from long range. Matic came in for the follow up, but was offside.

England took the ball right up the other end. Some good play by Mikey Twigge gave space to Corinthiano who curled a shot towards the right hand corner, only to see it drift wide.

The ball went back to Croatia and they took it into England's half. Matic found Jukic on the edge of the box. The central midfielder powered a shot towards the goal. Bermy Bhoy dived, but couldn't stop the ball rocketing into the top corner.

Dafuge uttered a few swear words. It was a lucky goal if ever he saw one. He urged the players to get back into the game.

Croatia continued to attack and Matic came close on two occasions with bending shots. Croatia were showing all the signs of being a better team despite the England players playing hard. They were finally rewarded with a chance from a corner, but Nepen "the" Z couldn't direct his header.

Corinthiano took a had tackle a few moments later, but it didn't stop him having a shot. He wasn't on target though, and the ball flew wide. Croatia were continuing to play well and were forcing Bermy Bhoy into some good saves. England's next chance came from a throw in. Dodgee D's throw found Robert inside the box, but from a narrow angle, he couldn't capitalise.

As the half drew to a close, Dafuge thought about what he could do to stop the rampant Croats.

Pride of the Nation: Revenge is Sweet like a lollypop - Part 2

" That wasn't great guys. We were unlucky to go behind, but we don't deserve to be in this game. We really need to up our game if we want to come out of this game with anything. Anyone got anything to say?"

Corinthiano raised his hand.

"Yes..?"

" I've picked up a bit of a knock boss."

" Right, I'm taking you off then."

Dafuge was secretly pleased. He had been one of the worst players in the first half.

" Ssestig you come on instead. And drop deeper with Mikey."

Despite the changes. Croatia started the second half in dominant fashion. They controlled the play and made some good chances. It looked like only a matter of time until they would get their second.

It came sooner rather than later. Some poor defending around the box left Ilicec unmarked. His shot was pushed away by Bermy Bhoy but only as far as Orbanic who slotted home to double Croatia's lead.

In the dugout Dafuge slumped with his head in his hands. Things didn't get much better quickly as Robert picked up a yellow card for a petulant foul.

Croatia continued to knock the ball around. Dafuge looked around the bench. Tom Smith looked ready to go. The ineffectual Nepen "the" Z came off.

A chance came almost immediately. Mikey Twigge found space on the edge of the box, but blasted over the bar. Things started to get better quickly. A Croatian attack was broken up by Ssestig on the edge of the box. He played it short to Canvey who ran towards the half way line. Looking up he played a long through ball towards Tom Smith. Tom Smith slotted the ball towards Robert in the centre. The forward slotted the ball past the keeper to give England hope. Dafuge leapt of the bench and urged his team on.

The good play continued and after some build up around the box Canvey made space for himself. His shot was straight into the arms of the keeper though. Dafuge made his final sub, taking of the tiring Hamilton and replacing him with Roberto.

It wasn't to be a fairy tale though. Matic found Perak inside the box, and despite the hint of offside, he slotted home at the near post.

Final Score: Croatia 3 - 1 England

Alright, nice to see that weeman pays attention to how I sign-up in every sign-up as a winger who can also play striker, but Man City, I am not sure how I feel about that, out of curiosity how old am I?

Pride of the Nation: Revenge is sweet like a lollypop - Part 3

Despite his frustration at the team, Dafuge was still forced to attend the press conference. He took his seat, reluctantly, and waited for the onslaught to begin.

" How do you feel about the loss?"

" I'm disappointed, I thought we had a chance coming into the game, but obviously not. We were completely outplayed by an inferior team."

" What do you blame the defeat on?"

" I'd say there are two reasons. Firstly, we chose to be to attacking. After some easy games, we approached a harder one in the same matter, but it didn't pay of. More importantly though some key players didn't show up today. There's a while until the next game, and I'll be monitoring players very carefully to see if they deserve a place in the squad.

" Are you saying that there will be changes?"

" Well I can't say for sure at the moment, but I think it's highly likely."

" Have you got any worries about qualification?"

" No. I'm supremely confident that we will qualify. I wouldn't stay in the job if we didn't qualify."

More journalists began to sprout questions, but Dafuge wasn't in the mood. He rose without a word and left the room.

Pride of the Nation: I like...pause....not - Part 1

Kazakhstan were the next team up against Dafuge's side. The squad as many had predicted, was a little different. Sseting, Lower LR, and James Ridley were all out due to injury. In their place came in Swafe, Robert Langman and Paul Hartman.

The team had trained well in there new look formation over the past few days, and Dafuge was feeling confident as the coach pulled into Wembely. As per usual as the team made their way into the dressing room, Dafuge pinned up the team sheet.

GK: Pluckaduck

DL: Dodgee D

DC: Super Lampard

DC: Roberto

DR: Whoopy D

ML: Weeman

MC: Mikey Twigge

MC: Swafe

MR: Canvey

FC: Tom Smith

FC: Robert

Subs: Blowcrappup

Rancer

Corinthiano

Wisla Krakow

Haowan

SCIAG

Robert Langman

In the new look 4-4-2 formation, Swafe came in to partner Mikey Twigge, while a disappointing NepentheZ was replaced by Tom Smith upfront. Pluckaduck replaced Bermy Bhoy in goal. The "D" brothers took the full backs spots, whilst the gruesome twosome on the wings remained the same.

" We weren't great last time out" said Dafuge. " However they aren't a good team today. If we play well, get everyone playing well, and knock the ball about a little, then we should win. I don't want any lapses in concentration. But above all I want goals. Understood?"

The team nodded, eager not to confront Dafuge and they walked out onto the pitch.

The Kazakhs were eager to get in and a poor challenge by skipper Galiev earnt him a yellow card within the first 90 seconds. Swafe swung the free kick into the box. It was only half cleared and Weeman controlled it. He took the ball past the out stretched legs of one defender, before firing a shot towards the goal. The keeper was equal to it and pushed it away for a corner. The corner amounted to nothing, but England had shown some early dominance.

The first goal of the tie nearly came minutes later. Weeman fired in a corner towards the far post. Super Lampard rose over his marker, but his header flew over the bar.

A goal really should have come with 20 minutes on the clock. Weeman on the edge of the box looked up and floated a ball towards Canvey on the byline. Canvey dribbled the ball into the box, and centered the ball for Robert. The ball was deflected off his marker into the path of Tom Smith, but he was judged to have fouled his defender before he could slip the ball into the net.

The breakthrough finally came just second later. A corner was won by Tom Smith, and Weeman went across to take it. He swung it in towards the middle of the box. Roberto broke free of his marker and powered a header into the top corner. Dafuge flew up from his seat on the bench to praise the team.

The combination between the two nearly pulled of another goal not long after. Another corner was played into the box. Roberto was unable to direct his header at goal, and instead played it back to Weeman. Weeman took the ball into the box, skipped over a few tackles before firing over the bar.

Roberto was to be part of the next goal though. Recovering the ball at the back, he played it forwards towards Tom Smith. The striker played a one-two with Mikey Twigge before finding space outside the box. Looking up he saw Robert making a run into the box so he slide the ball through. The keeper rushed out, but Robert was too quick for him and slide the ball round him to double the lead. Two goals in five minutes meant the crowd noise reached a crescendo.

As the game drifted towards the end of the first half, and the crowd started to think about their Beer and Pie, Whoopy D took a throw in on the right hand side. He found Robert who played the ball back to Swafe. Swafe chipped the ball into the box towards Tom Smith. His first touch was heavy, and the onrushing keeper pushed the ball away. Luckily for him, the ball fell at his feet, and as he skipped round the keeper he was left with an open net, and he tucked the ball away.

It was the last action of the first half, and as the team made their way back to the changing room, the Dafuge on view was a very different one from the start of the game.

just noticed this, nearly choked when I saw how many posts this has had, knew it had to be something more interesting than a puzzle type game! Noticed that I'm a young winger, so will keep an eye on this weeeman :thup:

Hehe. Only a few more :D

You're looking light becoming a very good player, but you need to become a bit faster. Then you can take my place as I'm 29 :eek:

Archived