All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought I might aswell post him here but would you sell this guy based on his terrible injury record?

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2231/walterg.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2886/injury.jpg

Barcelona have offered £65 million for him.

Very tough call AcidBurn....I would be tempted by the £65m offer but his stats are soooo good it would be hard to let him go. The majority of the injuries have just been minor IMO apart from the damaged cruciate ligaments. It is annoying to have a player who is injured frequently, I've had the same problem with Keirrison.

Are you likely to get a player that is better than him with the money being offered? I doubt it with stats like that! Maybe give him another season and see if he picks up abit on the injury front! :thup:

Good Evening people, I have decided to join you for an hour or two. Would stay all night but Elland Road beckons tommorow.

After winning League One in the first season with Tranmere I just about survived the Championship finishing 21st. This season I am 19 games and am lying in 14th place in the league =D

Yeh I'd like to see how he turns out on FM09, on 08 he was pretty drat good, but not world class. I've literally just released him after having him for 6 seasons. The highlight of his career was a hatrick against Wigan, including a 30 yard thunderbolt, also he won the Carling Cup twice and got himself sent off in the champs league final about 45 minutes ago (real time).

Jordan got a hat-trick? Hes a top bloke aswell met him at west ham alot :thup:

I protected him towards the end of last season by only using him in important games only. He scored twice in champions league final and in the FA Cup final. I just had a quick look at other strikers in the game and none are as good as him not even close I have a reasonably healthy bank balance so might give him another season and try to protect him for the big games.

Im about to start lower leagues any advice?!

I'm losing 2-1 atm yes as said below wages keep below try and bring in freebies i like reunion players and there is some great players in italy holland france england scotland ireland etc

Edit i lost 4-2

I protected him towards the end of last season by only using him in important games only. He scored twice in champions league final and in the FA Cup final. I just had a quick look at other strikers in the game and none are as good as him not even close I have a reasonably healthy bank balance so might give him another season and try to protect him for the big games.

If he's scoring goals in finals he's probably got a good big/key games stat, this in combination with his fantastic technical/mental/physical stats would mean I'd never sell him. I reckon even if there was a striker as good as him on your database he'd cost about 100million to prise away from whoever had him.

Yohan Guichard, Jim Ablancourt, Francisco Javier Campos, Ludovic Grondin, Willy Robert, Soufiane Kone, Sean Makle, Giannis Kyriakou, Gael Payet, Gael Hiroux, Pascal Bedrossian, Quentin Boess, Cedric Besson, Didier Caro, James Krause all these are great at BSS/BSN and some do well in BSP

Just finished my first season in a new game with Aldershot. Aiming to take them to the top seeing as I was born there :D

A good start on my goal :D Finished 2nd, the Media predicted 23rd so im more than happy with this season. Next will be hard though and ill need a major revamp of my squad.

not bad, but horrible GD

you need to sort the tactics out, with a decent tactics ( never mind the squad to be honest ) you can steam roll 1st position until you get to league 1. And thats from a BSN manager !

Im about to start lower leagues any advice?!
I'm losing 2-1 atm yes as said below wages keep below try and bring in freebies i like reunion players and there is some great players in italy holland france england scotland ireland etc

Edit i lost 4-2

Read my threads and posts.

Just look at my name ;)

BSN to the Champ league is how i roll.

Its all about your tactics, i roll about 7 different setups.

Keep the wage structure low and fire 95% of your original team on free transfers or just plain releases.

There are far better players on the free market when the game begins

not bad, but horrible GD

you need to sort the tactics out, with a decent tactics ( never mind the squad to be honest ) you can steam roll 1st position until you get to league 1. And thats from a BSN manager !

Yeah your right...although it has to be said the whole league was quite open in terms of scoring and conceeding. I have the 2nd best goal difference, 2nd most goals scored and Joint 6th best in terms of goals conceeded. I think its a decent base to build on...the key thing was the signing of Carlos Ruiz, the guatamalan vice captain. Im not sure how I got him, or why he wanted to join Aldershot but I took it! His club were happy to see him go for 30k so I was smiling :D

Just look at my name ;)

Keep the wage structure low and fire 95% of your original team on free transfers or just plain releases.

exactly what i do this is how i climb the leagues

Just look at my name ;)

Okay thanks :) yeah I have ditched my squad tbh and replaced them with a lot better

Well quite a successful night tbh. Only 1 defeat all night - a 1-0 defeat at Anfield with only 10 men. Into the League Cup final after beating Spurs 4-1 over the 2 legs.

Ended up selling Haruna for a tidy £22m profit to Arsenal (which I hope he'll never get a game for with the likes of Sissoko, Toulalan and Fabregas dominating their midfield) and brought in Camacho from Ath Madrid for £10m - bargain IMO :D

Well i'm off to bed to get up for Soccer Am tomorrow. No doubt catch some of you boys (and girls :p) on here tomorrow!

Laters :thup:

Just had such a good week, 10 of my 11 players were named in Team of the Week. The only one that didnt get picked was my DM standing in at CB, even though he destroyed the opposition strike force. Best week of my short (3 month) career so far :D

Whats the button to take screenshots btw? I heard there was a way with a button instead doing a Print Screen

Just had such a good week, 10 of my 11 players were named in Team of the Week. The only one that didnt get picked was my DM standing in at CB, even though he destroyed the opposition strike force. Best week of my short (3 month) career so far :D

Whats the button to take screenshots btw? I heard there was a way with a button instead doing a Print Screen

Alt+F9 or choose your own config in preferences and shortcuts near the bottom save screen shot and you can add a new command to suit

Gonna finish a fantastic birthday with a good FM sesh.

Sealed a £79mil deal for David Silva - morally wrong, maybe, but I don't care. Also replaced Given with Asenjo and signed Javi Martinez and Davide Santon.

Sold SWP, which has annoyed captain Micah Richards and resulted in him handing in a transfer request which was rejected. Glen Johnson also wants to move on. Also offloaded Darren Bent, Jo, Benjani, Michael Johnson and Elano.

Gonna finish a fantastic birthday with a good FM sesh.

Sealed a £79mil deal for David Silva - morally wrong, maybe, but I don't care. Also replaced Given with Asenjo and signed Javi Martinez and Davide Santon.

Sold SWP, which has annoyed captain Micah Richards and resulted in him handing in a transfer request which was rejected. Glen Johnson also wants to move on. Also offloaded Darren Bent, Jo, Benjani, Michael Johnson and Elano.

Happy Birthday fella :thup: its mine on monday :D

Silva is quality, I sold SWP aswell to Arsenal hes not that good.

Thats the one

he was great for me well the 3 months i had him, but do try and get the others as they're great

i am off now either for a bit or til sat night going to watch some films have a break from fm as ive been on it for sometime now.

I will be in Blue Square Premier next season as i have killed the league

Played 24 - Won 24 - Scored 82 - Conceded 8 - Points 72

its so easy with the team i have and my tactics are working well plus the odd fluke goal gave me a late winner

how have you played 24 won 24 then moved onto the BSP ????????

BSN /BSS has 42 games..............

I am not in BSP yet i have a 25 point lead and a game in hand i am trying to win the cups more now shame i lost to Aston Villa 4-2 but i am in the rest of the cups i will post up screen shots tomorrow when i am on fm again

Francisco Javier Campos, Pascal Bedrossian

[unlurks]

On my Shrewsbury save I've just sold Campos to Wigan for £3M in January 2009 after buying him for £6K in the summer.

As for Bedrossian What a legend! He's got about nine million assists for me.

You Mr Mufckingud have excellent choice in lower league players.

[unlurks]

On my shrewsbury save I've just sold Campos to Wigan for £3M in January 2009 after buying him for £6K in the summer.

As for Bedrossian What a legend! He's got about nine million assists for me.

You Mr Mufckingud have excellent choice in lower league players.

i have not made that much for a player in 1st season but 2nd or 3rd i have

Archived