All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as a fair few people are fc united, i was wondering do you have matches moved and that from sharing stadium with bury? and is it gigg lane that man united reserves use too? does the pitch get ruined?

My pitch got fairly horrendous at times in the first winter I was manager, but since then I haven't had any problems. Had a few fixtures moved due to waterlogged pitch, but none from fixture clashes.

Gotten sick of my FC United game at the min so I'm having a muck about as Man City to try out some new tactical ideas before I go back to it.

When you're given a free kick just outside the area you're always glad to have Beckham on the pitch :D

He's bloody lethal isn't he! Had him on my Arsenal save, having a good freekick taker makes such a difference...

When you're given a free kick just outside the area you're always glad to have Beckham on the pitch :D

Unless your in the lower league then i have to say that Pascal Bedrossian is class for freekicks he has got 17 goals and 21 assists in 27(8) games so far for me

He's bloody lethal isn't he! Had him on my Arsenal save, having a good freekick taker makes such a difference...

Yeaa he is, the ball's in the back of the net before you even realised he's actually taken the free kick. :thup:

Bedrossian isn't on my game :(

Got to league cup quarter final with pomps :) at home to arsenal next.

In three full seasons I've lost:

1 time at home to ManUtd in 5th round

1 time at home to ManUtd in 4th round

1 time at home to Liverpool in 5th round

Now at home to Arsenal in 5th round :D Bit of a damn trend, but I'm aiming for my second semi, and first in this cup ;)

Came from 2 down at home to Boro to win 4-2 in 4th round, so all's well , apart fom the league :(

I wont be on all night, but I'll be playing for a couple of hours, gonna wrap up another season (2021-22), I'm definetely towards the end of this save, might just play another season or two though after this one.

Just beat Liverpool (a traditional bogey team) 2-0 away, 9 games left (6 home games), 9 points ahead. The best thing that happened to me was quitting the England job, because Solsjaer (sp?) took over, leaving his Arsenal post, since then they have dropped away a bit and not won 90% of their games.

Yay!! Got my promotion to the championship with weston super mare!

Crazy league one season, me and nottingham forrest got the top two spots.

I had 106 points

they had 101 points

points flying everywhere there! I looked and only one team, leeds in the second season, had above 100 with 102 points.

Good times! Come on championship!

Well I have a night of the off season ahead of me, who's around?

I'm in...currently trying to drag Man City out of the doldrums in 2019, harder than it sounds as all the top class regens don't want to sign for us. Have only managed to sign these 3 so far as well as Ochoa in goal.

31AlessioTravaglini.png

32LukasLastuvka.png

33TomaszMichniewicz.png

Hope to avoid boring anyone, but got a happy tale here. Oscar "Papa" Cardozo wrongly has a goal disallowed in the 1st min. Arsenal get the obligatory pen and score. Go 2 up, but Oscar pulls one back and the lad shows great spirit. And one final goal is scored in the game.

cardozo1.th.jpg

cardozo2.th.jpg

cardozo3.th.jpg

cardozo4.th.jpg

YES!!!

well THAT was eventful....

battered them first half (they hadn't had a single shot) but went in at HT 0-0...

then after 60 and 65 mins, Schweinsteiger and Klose scored with Bayern's first two shots of the match. :(

Brought on Beckham.... 69mins, he slings in a corner, Jack Rodwell heads home

78mins, a Beckham cross from the right and Tim Cahill nods in the equaliser

88mins, Cahill is brought down on the edge of the box... who steps up? Yup, David Beckham, and curls his freekick past Rensing and into the back of the net.

BOOM! :D

After taking the Man City job in November with the team sitting in 12th position in the EPL, I've just played the last game of the season and managed to climb 3 places up the table to finish in 9th. We ended the league campaign on a promising note, beating Watford 3-1.

So it's on to pre season and the transfer budget announcement date can't come quick enough tbh. I think we have a core of solid players to buid around with Ochoa in goals Micah Richards in defence, Marek Hamsik in midfield and my 3 regen signings to rotate up front. Planning to bolster the defence in the summer window and hopefully challenge the 'big teams' in the title race next season.

Archived