All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh... Just had the most horrible game in my FM09 life.

I'm Ternana, holding a 3-1 first leg lead in the Champions League semi-final against Inter Milan.

2nd Leg away, we're getting beat 3-2 on the night (5-4 aggregate, with advantage on away goals) with 82 minutes gone.

Inter need two goals in eight minutes to beat us...

Guess what happens...

THE F***** GOALKEEPER SCORES FROM A CORNER!!!

Then a centre-half catches a volley from the edge of the box in off the bar...

URGH...

6-5 Aggregate loss...

Dam it, om hull in 2016 with a loads of yth talent, annoyingly though, there all to big for there boots and wont go out on loan.

Unlucky mate. Ive got youth all over the place plying their trade.

All night, every night! 3rd shifters rule, (at GMT-6 (so the all-nighter technically hasn't started yet, but I'll be here at local 6:00am, which will be noon there...))

Just loading up the save now, in the week before round 10, hosting a bottom-half Liverpool. We're 9-0-1, having conceded only two goals so far (great, I just jinxed myself...). (Continue) Last night, I got Ivory Coast into the 2022 World Cup. Tonight, I hope to role the calendar into 2022 (it's 27 Oct), but we'll see. (continue and set reserves roster) 34 year-old Hugo Loris went down for 6-8 months with a torn ACL during the internationals last night, and announced he'll probably retire. D@mn! That means I've got to start my 24-year-old regen who's not quite ready for the show from here on out. He'd better start meeting some of that potential AssMan says he's got... (Continue) Reserves drew Arsenal reserves...

Life goes on.

Just found a fantastic regen in my youth squad. Scored in his debut. In his second game now. only on cheap wages for the next 5 years.

I am so chuffed as this is the only player who actually came through my youth team in god know how many years playing FM.

Drew Liverpool, 1-1. Felt I had to start my ex-#3 (now #2, and not anywhere near that ability) keeper since he was low on match fitness...

Well, let's hope he'll remember his first league appearance. I, for one, would like to forget it... 22 shots, only 7 on target.

7 games left of my next season with Wolves (Yes, I've been playing way too much when I should be revising). Just 5 points between top 4, but I'm top by 2 points.

I was the same mate :D I played FM when i was meant to be revising but yet when i left school i didnt feel like playing FM :D

I was the same mate :D I played FM when i was meant to be revising but yet when i left school i didnt feel like playing FM :D

Yep. When I was BETA testing I played like.. a few hours a week. Now, study leave the week before exams.. 18 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Yep. When I was BETA testing I played like.. a few hours a week. Now, study leave the week before exams.. 18 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Make sure you revise though mate!!!! I was very lucky in my exams results considering i didnt revise that much :D

Just won 1-0 2 points off playoffs :D

Make sure you revise though mate!!!! I was very lucky in my exams results considering i didnt revise that much :D

Just won 1-0 2 points off playoffs :D

That's why 3am in the morning's for.

Oh, and tomorrow, and Monday. Then comes the inevitable tears, and subsequent post-exam pub visit.

:D

Okay, I know I said the Liverpool match was round 10, but I had mis-remembered. It was round 9. I just played round 10 away to Villa, taking it Villa 0-4 Canterbury. Regen MC (1st half) / AMC (2nd half) named Gary Fox scored twice, we held 60% of the ball, and Villa was never really in it. Ex-#2 (now #1) keeper had a couple SuperKeeper-like saves, though, and has gone over 300 minutes without conceding. Looking good!

Round 11: Canterbury 2-1 Man City. We have now conceded 5 league goals.

Man City have taken ManU's place in 21/22 (and several previous years). This was a vital win against the 3rd place team. Sunderland = Liverpool, and is 2nd, but we now have a 6 point lead. Arse-nal has finally faded from eternal domination to become merely competitive, but their draw in this round puts them in 5th on goal difference behind "Euro Cup"-holders Charlton, who have competed for a European place every year for the last 6.

I misread table. Was 2 points clear.

Only drew 1-1 though. :( 4 better GD than City in 2nd. Gotta go to Man Utd (promoted back to Prem and surviving, unfortunately) and not make a fool of ourselves. City have to go to Villa, who are 1 point off drop zone.

Archived