All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What contrast our games have hursty

You: Manchester Utd, Premier League , Champs League, Top players

Me: Havant & Waterlooville, BSS, FA Trophy, Crap Players

Haha yeah but both deliver the same thrills, especially when Nani gave that penalty away my heart skipped a beat.

Haha yeah but both deliver the same thrills, especially when Nani gave that penalty away my heart skipped a beat.

The differnce there is the type of thrill. You have that thrill when your winning pretty much but that never happens to me :(:p

The differnce there is the type of thrill. You have that thrill when your winning pretty much but that never happens to me :(:p

Your thrill will come later on, when you clinch that last promotion spot trust me;):p

Night mate you fly that aussie flag :p

I'll be back another night if I can find the drive to carry on because my last save point was probably the Sunderland game ha.

Mental Note: Save more often.

Took over in December 2009 for Jose Mourinho who took Inter to 8th place. Now in the 25th of April I've turned it around and we sit in 3rd, and are in the Italian cup final and the CL semi-final against Liverpool. Think I'll be finishing the season tonight!

Half Time here:: AFC Wimbeldon 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville

We have been brilliant several chances but no turkey for christmas yet.

hursty what part of Perth u from? I'm from Hamilton Hill near Freo just to say.

I'm down towards Mandurah in Secret Harbour.:thup:

Just played the Sunderland game again because it crashed and only won 1-0 compared to when I beat them 4-1 before the crash. I'm also worried that Chelsea and Liverpool wont drop points so its gonna be even tougher :thdn:

EDIT: And just drew with Fulham in the FA Cup

Good luck!

I'm comtemplating quitting after just one season. I fancy being a journeyman.

Hmm I say win the league with em first:thup:

The CL game ended 3-1, me going through 5-3 on aggregate but I thought I was gonna lose as in the 72nd min Gouffran scored a cracker against me and judging by the way things were going after the crash I thought it was all over. Then Vidic popped up (corner bug ftw) equalising with Berbatov and Ronaldo finishing them off.

Hmm I say win the league with em first:thup:

The CL game ended 3-1, me going through 5-3 on aggregate but I thought I was gonna lose as in the 72nd min Gouffran scored a cracker against me and judging by the way things were going after the crash I thought it was all over. Then Vidic popped up (corner bug ftw) equalising with Berbatov and Ronaldo finishing them off.

:thup:

I'll see if anything interesting comes up, but trying to better the performance could be a challenge, seeing as all my quality players will most likely want to move. Hopefully if they do, I'll get enough money to buy a new squad :p and then it's just a case of it gelling.

I also have a bit of a problem regarding nationalities. I'm finding it hard to attract anyone who doesn't count as 'fgn', although the 5 non-EU starters (I think) is hardly strict.

Dell XPS M1530

T5550 @1.83GHz

RAM 2046MB

I'm currently running 9 leagues from 7 nations, does this sound acceptable to you guys?

Also, I want to do an all nighter but I have to wake up at 7am, what do I do? :(

Hershie come on do something your usually a good read whilst im on FM i give this part of the fourm a look when your on it but dont contribute like i did before! :D

Do what? :p

I just lost Pandurii's first every European game. :(

4-1 at home vs AZ.

I'm surprised at some of the players I've managed to attract; Jadson in particular.

Had a really mixed start to my second season with Lazio. A couple of really big players from my season have left (Pandev and Radu) and I have struggled to replace them.

So far in the league my results have been as follows;

Juventus (A) 1-0

Inter (A) 2-3

Fiorentina (H) 0-0

Will be expecting better in the next six games or so as I have some much easier sides to face, including Bari (A), Atalanta (H), and Bologna (H). Hopefully Pandev's replacement, Robert Acquafresca, will form a good partnership Tommaso Rocchi in the coming games.

Yeah Hershie pull your finger out! :D

Hang on i thought you were playing as Wolves?

I was, I got to like 2046 and finally started to find it samey. :(

Now playing a potential journeyman save, started at Pandurii in Romania. Managed 4th place last year when predicted 13th, and now leading after 5 games.

Spent a bit unrealistically tbh. :(

Oh, and somehow there are still 16 people on my MSN, most of whom I rarely speak to.

As it is 3am I better get in on the all nighter thread as I'm not gonig to bed anytime soon. I'm signed off work sick at the moment! I'll post my progress in a min. I'm carrying on with my AFC Wimbledon save.

I'm in my 4th season, here is a summary of my progress, I posted it earlier in the AFC Wimbledon thread on the Good Player/Team Forum:

PROGRESS:

08/09 - 1st in Blue Square South - Won with ease by about 30 points

09/10 - 6th in Blue Square Premier - Missed out on a playoff place on goal difference.

10/11 - 1st in Blue Square Premier - 103 points got my promoted but it was tough 2nd - 100pts, 3rd - 98pts, 4th - 92pts.

11/12 - 13th in League 2 (after 17 games) - Finding it hard!

I've been crap in the cups as I put out weak teams, apart from the FA Cup where I've played Liverpool at Analfield and Aston Villa at Villa Park which have helped my finances massively. This season I played awy to Hull in the league cup which also helped.

OVERVIEW:

I didn't think the jump from the BSP to League 2 would be quite so brutal. I'm hoping I'm struggling because I've brought in about 10 new players to the squad. My new strikers are really stuggling although proven at the level I'm at my biggest singings being Marc Richards and Marcus Bean. My team below includes players bought over the 3 seasons but most of them were bought in the previous summer:

MY CURRENT TEAM:

I play an attacking 4-4-2.

GK Scott Shearer (Free, Barnet)

DR Micheal McGowan (Free, MK Dons)

DL Darren Lough (Free, Stockport County - Ex Newcastle Utd)

DC Chris Doig (Free, Bristol Rovers) - Captin

DC Tom Moncur (Free, Wycombe)

MR Jason Mycoe (Free, Free Agent) - My best player and Vice Captin, never gets below 7, picked him up on trial day in the 1st season.

ML Jay Harris (Free, Chester) - My weakest position, I've been trying to get a good left winger for 2 years but the players Igo for end up at a bigger club.

MC Marcus Bean (Free, Brentford) - A great buy , my best midfielder.

MC Lee Bullock (Free, Southend)

FC Marc Richards (Free, Port Vale) - Has been poor so far, will hopefully start scoring.

FC Lee McEvily (Free, Rochdale)

S-GK Lloyd Saxton (Free, Plymouth)

S-DC Pedro Valente (Free, Vila Mea)

S-MC Danny Whitaker (Free, Oldham)

S-DC Andy Graham (Free, Gillingham) - Great player but has been forced out of the team by more experienced players.

S-FC Stephen Thompson (Free, Exeter) - Has been awful so far, has been dropped after no goals in his first 8 games for the club.

FINANCES:

Thanks to away games in the cups to Liverpool, Aston Villa and Hull City my finances are superb. I have £1,200,000 in the bank which is great. This is also helped by having Chelsea as an afflilate which nets me around 50k a season. I also have my wage budget well under control at all times which means I rarely lost large sums of money month to month (£13k p/w currently). The larger attendances in League 2 means I am amking a little money most months at the moment. In the 3 and haltf years I've only atually bought one player, that was Vrijsen from Grays for £26k, he's moved on now though.

STAFF/TRAINING:

As the team turned professinal on promotion to the football league, I offered all my players new full time contracts so I could get a proper training scheduele going instead of a part time one. Most of them on less than they were before! I cleared out all my staff and bought in a load of Coaches, Scouts a new Physio and a new Assistant manager. I use the Tug training schedueles as I can't bothered to do my own, too tedious!

CAREER:

I've had job offers from a number of clubs including West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Watfors and Cardiff. But the one I was most tempted by was QPR, as they had £15m to spend on players, but I turned it down. I couldn't resist declaring interest in the Everton (team I support) job when Moysie was struggling, but he managed to get himself out of it!

AMBITIONS:

I'm really enjoying the save. I think a mid table finish in League 2 this season would be great and I think a sneaky playoff place will be the best I can hope for. So I hope to get promotion in 2012/13 to give me more time to develop the squad. I can't see myslef moving club, but I maybe tempted if Everton come calling!

Coincidence perhaps. Just saw on wikipedia of the death of a Romanian footballer. An article (in Romanian) on the subject is here: http://www.prosport.ro/sport-life/special/mihai-baicu-a-decedat-4620666 :(

Roughly translated, using the internet and some logic..

Mihai Baicu has died.

Mihai Baicu died this evening at the age of only 33.

In Ghencea, where he had played a game of football with friends on a synthetic pitch, the former quarterback was sitting on the bench at the end of the game, and suddenly collapsed. The verdict was awful: Baicu suffered cardiac arrest and died on the spot.

Having last played in League II, at Ceahlaul Piatra-Neamt, in the 2005-2006 season, Mihai Baicu hung up his boots at the age of 31. The former quarterback played 112 games in the first division and managed to score 17 goals. In the second League he played 44 games, putting his name on the list of scorers 31 times.

Mihai Baicu (21 September 1975-6 July 2009) in his career played for the teams: FC National, Dacia Unirea Braila, Gloria Coreşti IRIS, FC Arges, Chindia Targoviste, Foresta Suceava AS Cittadella, U.S. Cremonese, FC Brasov, FC Ghimbav, Farul Constanta and Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt.

The editors of ProSport pass on their sincere condolences to the mourning family. God bless him!

Archived