All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

Has anyone ever checked themselves on GenieScout before? I just looked, and apparently I'm better suited for Ass Man. It tells you all your tactical attributes like when you look at other managers and everything. Pretty nifty if you ask me.

Upson might be pricey. How much you got to spend?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shows you your rating in numerous staff roles, as well as what area of coaching you would be good at. Reputation, CA and PA, manager attributes, chairman attributes. Quite a lot. Nothing that may impact the game, but interesting stuff to know nonetheless.

May I recommend you buy a CM, since Danny Murphy is getting old.

I've managed in Spain before. Not for long, but I know about the player registration.

What's your problem specfically?

I'm half way through my first season with Valencia and have had problems with U19 players "stealing" first team players sqaud numbers.

I first noticed Pablo Hernandez was ineligable around October time. I checked on the contract veiw and noticed he didn't have a squad no. He had previously been no 21. David Santon, who was in my U19 squad, had played a previous league game and now had the 21 shirt.

I had to wait around 6 weeks to re-register Hernandez and this time gave him the 15 shirt.

27th of February and due to injuries and international call ups I had to play 4 players from my U19s. Now my U19 keeper has "stolen" his number and he is ineligable again. Why is it always Hernandez? S'pose I should be gratefull it's not Villa...

I've just had to use Thiago Carleto from my U19s in a league game and he has "stolen" Paloschi's no. 19 shirt.

It seems to me that, as manager, you can only assign first team squad numbers in the stated registration windows but the game can randomly re-assign them whenever it pleases. Most frustrating.

Sounds like a big problem... try looking at youe team settings and see if there's anything in there. It's never happened to me, but I only got to November time with Valencia.

Also, are you holidaying any matches? Sometimes the assistant team selection can be a bit funny... but I doubt this is the cause, anyway.

Does the number assign come up when you're playing a player for the first time? The rule may not apply to U19's, and you could be accidentally assining them first team numbers. Maybe.

Sorry I can't be much help here but that's all I can think of really.

EDIT: Can't beat a team? Sign Dougie Freedman, the goal machine.

Smithers

Sometimes they go down during off-season since the players are out of form and such and CA is no longer increasing during that time. You also may have better players in those positions which means, regardless of PA (I think), they aren't going to be rated highly.

Southend 2 - 3 Scunthorpe

Unbeaten run ended. 2-1 up as well. Team defended like a sunday league team who plays once a month, and finished like them as well. I ripped into them after full time. Hopfully it'll be like kick in the backside and we can go on winning again.

Just when you had made your way to a real team! ;)

I got a potentially great right-back come through my youth academy and was planning on giving him a few first team appearances this season. But before i can do this he of course breaks his leg and is out for 6 months :mad:

Thursday, 27th November 2008, 22:15 to be exact. Played 18 games in the league.

Just searched "Philip Rolfe" and this was his personality description:

"Mark Stow believes Rolfe to be the fountain of football knowledge until you unplug him from the computer."

Looks like SI got a bit cheeky...

Smithers

Sometimes they go down during off-season since the players are out of form and such and CA is no longer increasing during that time. You also may have better players in those positions which means, regardless of PA (I think), they aren't going to be rated highly.

Ah good, makes sense.

Is this the biggest minimum fee release clause ever?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/892/10oliveira.png

I'm curious who are top 3 teams in league 1?

1 - 1 at home to Port Vale. Their equalizer was a last ditch cross from where the very edge of the dug out is right by the side line into the box from their left back. Went over the GK into the net talk about freak goal. With his right foot too. Wish you could see this goal so frustrating.

Commentator says:-

With the first time cross...

Collins sends the ball low and hard from the left...

(GK starts taking a few steps backwards as the ball starts losing altitude)

Stars blinking goal.

Disappointing draw with a team I should've easily have beaten 2-3 nil.

Top three teams are:

1. Southend (me) - 40 PTS

2. Leeds - 38 PTS

3. Huddersfiled - 36 PTS

Funnily enough, I just drew 1-1, at home, to Port Vale as well in the F.A. Cup. We went 1-0 down, equalised, and then missed a whole host of chances.

I've actually scored two of those types of goals this season; one from my RB and other from my LB. Seems like the standard of the cross and GK are that bad that cancel each other out or something and end up in a freak goal. Had it done against me as well. Very, very annoying.

Ah I see...

Prem:

Aston Villa

Everton

Man City

Tottenham

Bolton

West Ham

Serie A:

Lazio

Palermo

Sampdoria