All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

That Jamie Moses looks amazing and I don't say that because he shares my first name. How many super regens do you have?

Unfortunately, the best of my youth at the moment won't cut it in the Prem. Be a shame to let them go.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moses is only my second best RB. Paul Betts, who I knicked from Arsenal at 16, makes him look average. :D

My star player at the moment is a 32 year old though. Jonas Christensen - a superb player. :)

Weak positions at the moment are GK and DC, but I have some quality youth (not my academy players though) who should be ready to step up soon.

Sounds good.

Season has finished. Ended top with 103 points - a fantastic effort I reckon. I guess I can say I won the double with the JPT Trophy and the League One trophy. In my own mind, anyway.

Just signed a new contract as well. Earning a whopping 2.5k a week.

Doing an all nighter here myself. Playing as FC Copenhagen (FC København) in the first season at the moment (And yes, I have "cheated" a bit, using some of the "high Profile clubs" to give myself a little "financial boost", but other then that, haven't cheated)

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 formation(Aggressive formation, I know, but works great for my team)

My Current line up is http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9007/unavngivetkrf.jpg

Played 4 league games, won all 4

Played 3 EC games, won 14-0 vs a SMALL San Marino Squad (Juvenes) aggregate. And won the first leg vs Lillestrøm (Swedish team), 2-1

About to face Randers FC, 5th League Game

OK, maybe not an all nighter but probably till about 1am.

Arsenal 2nd season

dont know if im allowed to show players so ill put in spoiler

Almunia

Sagna Toure Clichy

Coquelin

Fabregas Denilson

Walcott Nasri

RVP Eduardo

5th in season 1, currently 4th in season 2 and im in October.

Thanks for the help. Just signed a 28 year old CB, should have a 22/23 year old CB coming on a free. Might try for a loan as well, which would give me four CB's for the new season. One problem area taken care of.

Also managed to get in some coaches, particularly Jaunvi from Real Madrid. Got three new scouts as well.

Hey guys, back again.

So, after a let-down of a season at Juve (ECL Quarters against Arsenal, 4th in Serie A), I resigned.

Here's my resumee so far:

-1 Portuguese League Cup (Benfica)

-1 Portuguese Cup (Benfica)

-2 UEFA Cups (Benfica)

-1 Italian Cup (Juventus)

-1 Champions League Trophy (Juventus)

Now, i've accepted a job at Yeovil Town, in the BSP. My goal: Premiership :)

Wish me luck!

(btw, as anyone ever get the description "legendary manager"? I got that after getting to Yeovil)

Tnks :) They're in the Blue Square Premier now. This is their history:

-08/09 - Relegated from League One

-09/10 - Promoted from League Two

-10/14 - Relegated from League One (and stayed in League Two for the rest of the time)

-14/15 - Relegated From League Two

-16/17 - Hired yours truly for Silver pleasure :)

Southend is great. Their initial sqaud has enough talent to get you promotion and has, arguably, the best defender in League 1 with Adam Barret, Peter Clarke, Simon Francis, youngster Johnny Herd and Dorien Dervit on loan from Spurs. They a quality attacking player in Barnard and plenty of good youngsters.

We finshed top of League 1 with 103 points. I was really pleased. We won the Johnstone Paint Trophy as well, which makes up for my League Cup dissapointment.

Made some additions in the summer. Had to buy two new CB's since Bartley and Dervit returned to Arsenal and Spurs respectivly. Found a real good French defender called Greogory who was transfer listed, and got Matthew Bates from Boro on a free. I should get a new regen CB as well for as little as 24k. Looks a real good prospect.

Only sold one or two players and still got all my key players, especially Stanley Aborah who cost me 110k and is immense. Barnard is injured, but new striker Coulson and the ever capable Laurent can fill in.

First match against Sheff. Wed ended 1-1. We went 1-0 down, but Laurent hit back immediately and we had the best of the match after that. Real good start. Got an away trip to Brentford in the League Cup before hosting Sunderland. Should be good.

Sounds good mate! I loaned that french defensive midfielder from Arsenal for 3 months and hes been so good! Been a key factor getting me top of the league so far will miss him alot when he goes back.

Have signed some fantastic players for 1k or free, the trial day was a fantastic help aswell. James Sinclair ona free can play right back or striker has done a great job when called to play either right back or striker!

Just wish my board would allow me to terminate my ass man's contract....*grumbles* HE S T I N K S. I know I can get the U19 England manager to sign, but cause of the board, won't let me terminate my Ass Man :( To give a example, I just tried to allow him to pick the team, and guess what, he did not select ONE single player, that I bough, even though my scouts said all of them, were currently better then my "standard" team.

Guess I could add a "new" user, and get them to sign him *sighs* But don't want to take that road if I can avoid it.

Nah i used all my end of season loans on 3 defenders and a centre mid and im only allowed 4 long term....i wish i could buy him but i doubt he would want to join and i cant see Arsenal accepting a small bid for him. Oh well il wait and see ina couple months, on the bright side im signing a 17 year old Man Utd midfielder who i have had on loan!

Hardly any Arsenal youngster want to join me :(

My scout says it will take a 300k bid to get Thomas Cruise. So I bid 300k. Arseal reject. I offer a loan, with a fee of 50k like the report says, they come saying they want 160k... I figured that there was no point, and got Matthew Bates on a free instead.

Needed extra time to beat Brentford. Forunately, the team was completely different from the one that will play Sunderland. Here's hoping I can pull off an upset.

Lost to Sunderland 4-2 :(

We were 2-0 down after 16 mins. Alan McCormack was clearly injured and had been lying the middle of the pitch for a while but they carried on and scored, which I wasn't pleased about. We levelled the match 2-2, but Sunderland's class just showed through in the end despite our best efforts. We could've scored a couple ourselves but we wasteful in front of goal.

Grrr, I hate negotiating transfers at this hour. I'm trying to buy:

- Henri Saivet

- Jires Kembo-Ekoko

- Guido Marilungo

I can't sleep until they're sorted, I managed to wrap up Saivet, but the other two's clubs keep asking for more and more.

Also let in my first goal of the game, Ewethon curled one in. Also, Zaragoza have managed to injure 3 of my players, godknows how.

Oh hey this thread. Im playing as brantwood (N Irleand), having got them to the top league in N Ireland by 2012 I was looking to stay in the division, was top after 15 games with 30+ points, then lost 7 games in a row (all of them were horrendous bullcrap results untill the last game when morale was zapped and we legitimately got beaten), I then drew a game with a last minute goal against the run of play, so slightly happier and also a chance at finishing with some respectability. I Then won one of the 18 cups (slight exaggeration) there are in N ireland and am in the semi-final of the only cup that even matters (Irish cup). All in all FM has made me want to kill it tonight even though I should be happy :/

Evening lads, I'll be doing yet another all-nighter.

Currently 6th in the Championship with Southend after 27 games. My initial ambition was to not get relegated but now it's to achieve a play-off place. Even if don't get promoted, I'd be very pleased with this season.

Of course, if we do get promoted it's going to be tough. Had a little taste against Arsenal at the Emirates in the FA Cup and got trashed 5-1 (it ws 1-1 at one point, mind you). So much work still to be done.

I'm forced to stay up almost every night.

I lost my Brentford save because this whole issue cropped up when I added new RAM to my system. Had to reinstall windows.. Such a shame I was having a very good time on that save. I brought in a couple of very promising youngsters.

I started a new one and Helmond Sport have just offered me a job.

All-nighter here. I love summer vacations :) (maybe i should get a life..)

Anyho, my adventure in Yeovil is a bit rocky, don't have funds, only hired 2 new players (not near as much as i needed), and playing first half of the season with 18 players.

Any tycoon want to rescue me? xD

All part of the challenge though, right?

My first season in the Championship is almost over, and we're pushing for a play-off spot. Problem, key sqaud members are getting injured, coming back, and then getting injured again!

Also can't seem to get the best out of new man Marius Batfoi. Looks real promising and has good stats for the Championship but is not performing.

Hi guys,

I plan on a all-nighter :) Just started playing FM09 today.

Started with Newcastle United, after 5 games im 8th.

Managed to bring 3 players in with a tight budget ;

Xavier Magairaz

Alexandre Song (Loan)

Kepa

Only played a few games and they seem good signings except Song got injured in pre-season and hasnt played a league game as yet but is due back soon.

Just beat Man.City 3-1 and they were unbeaten in 4 games and top of the league. As they have been splashing the cash on big players it was pretty sweet.

I'll march on and see what i can do.

Archived