All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Hersie, you would :)

Simon Vukcevic is a very good player, with great stats and at 22 he's still improving. He contributes with goals and assists, have played him ML and AMC and im still unsure where he plays best. Worth every penny.

I think Vukcevic is a natural AMC/AML and an accomplished ML. From my breif experience with him, he's better suited to playing in the AMC role where you can fully utillise his passing and shooting abilities.

And Hershie, that would be an immsense challenge I reckon.

Well a lot would have changed in 40 odd years, and I think the more challenging aspect is getting into managing a new club and getting used to not winning everything all the time. Perhaps immense was too strong a word, but it would be a big challenge nonetheless. What clubs are avaliable?

On another note, just need one more win to sercure promotion.

There are some very obscure teams in the lower divisions, although not with jobs available at present. These include Corby, North Ferriby, Kendal, Eversham, Witton, Hitchen, Clevedon and Billericay.

Maybe I should save now and then see what happens, and go back to my save if I don't like my new direction?

The computer I use with to play FM09 has suddenly decided to stop working and I won't be able to fix until much much later. Just when I was one win away from promotion...

So instead, I've decided to wack out good ole FM07 and play on my laptop that I'm using to type this.

Evenin' all. Hopefully I'll be here for the duration. My sleep pattern has finally got to the point where I need an all nighter to re set it. So, FM time!

Since last night I've finished my 2nd season with Messina in the Serie C2. We won the title by 10 points and then won the Serie C2 Super Cup. Couldn't have done it without Antonio Gaeta (38 goals in 38), Elia Soriano (13 goals and 10 Assistats in 24) and club captain and favourite Stefano Romano (14 goals, 12 assists in 36). I've managed to get all the first team in contract for at least another season despite bleeding cash. I can't really afford to buy/sign anyone new but I think the team should do well enough in the C1.

Would I be crazy to leave Wolves after 45 years to join a lower league club and see what I can do?

Pretty crazy :D Nah, do it. Take the plunge if a team comes up that really interests you. And like you've said you can always save your progress with wolves and go back if you don't like it. Maybe take over one of Wolve's feeder teams if the chance comes up?

The computer I use with to play FM09 has suddenly decided to stop working and I won't be able to fix until much much later. Just when I was one win away from promotion...

So instead, I've decided to wack out good ole FM07 and play on my laptop that I'm using to type this.

That's tough luck. :(

Pretty crazy :D Nah, do it. Take the plunge if a team comes up that really interests you. And like you've said you can always save your progress with wolves and go back if you don't like it. Maybe take over one of Wolve's feeder teams if the chance comes up?

Crazy suits me so I'll see. :D

Unfortunately my feeder links keep getting severed, so at the moment my only UK based feeders are Charlton and Kilmarnock, neither of whom I'm interested in managing.

Snowwwwwww! :D

No snow for me in Italy :D

I've found lots of players who would be fantastic for Serie C1, even for B. A lot of them are interested but I can't offer them nearly enough. Only player wanted 4k. The board kindly said I could off 350 :|

I've just migrated to a Mac and as a consequnce have got addicted to FM again!

I've started a game with Wycombe using the Free Agents database - and there is a big split in the divisions between the teams that have signed players and those that havn't

Grant McCann is the nuts in League 2, I will post any interesting facts once the game gets older (mid september at the moment)

I noticed Colchester have Michael Turner and Leroy Lita, just a few of the surpise signings

Duuuuuuuuudes.

Has anyone managed in Spain for 3+ seasons?

I'm enjoying my Valencia save but I'm well worried about the progress of my youth players due to the U19 registration bug. Has anyone managed to develope young players successfully in La Liga? I have some good talent to come through the ranks:

Carlos

Paloschi

Santon

Feghouli

Bastos

Carvajal

Rochina

Fiorillo

About £10m worth so I hope I've not wasted my time/money...

Let me know before I accept the West Ham job.

I wouldn't really know since I've never done a long save in Spain. Sorry mate.

Currently, I am reliving the nostalgia of FM07 and have already made on comparison to FM09 - using the same tactics as I do on FM09, my Arsenal team beat South Melbourne 15-0... on FM09, the result wouldn't have reached double figures I don't think. This isn't a complaint or anything, just an observation.

And I think I have selection head-aches. Here are the match ratings and goals:

Jens Lehmann - 8

Emmanuel Eboue - 8

Justin Hoyte - 10

William Gallas - 10

Kolo Toure - 10

Aliaksandr Hleb - 9 (2 goals)

Freddie Ljungberg -8

Cesc Fabregas - 9

Gilberto Silva - 8

Thierry Henry - 10 (2 goals)

Robin van Persie - 8 (1 goal)

Almunia - 9

Djourou - 9

Denilson - 10

Rosicky - 10 (2 goals)

James Milner - 10

Theo Walcott - 10 (1 goal)

Julio Baptista - 10 (4 goals)

Emmanuel Adebayor - 10 (3 goals)

So yes, selection head-ache...

Nice selection headache to have JEinchy :D Have you solved it? I'd favour the likes of Denilson, Hleb, and Rosicky myself.

First game of the new season, in the cup against a fellow C1 team Juve Stabia. Finished 4-3 to us after a brace from Gaeta and Soriano :D Gaeta would have had his hatrick but it was, unfairly, judged to be offside. Would have been a better scoreline as well if my right back hadn't scored an own goal. Or if my keeper hadn't gifted them their second by rushing off his line and making a mistake. All in all, fairly promising for the coming season.

Especially seeing as I've managed to bring precisely no one in. I had Seb Ribas interested but I couldn't afford the wage until it was too late. I've managed to bring the wage bill down since so maybe in January I'll be able to bring someone in.

Got my computer fixed, so my empire building on FM07 will have to wait until another time :D.

End of the 2010/2011 campaign, and here is the top six of the Coca-Cola Championship:

1. Southend - 104 pts.

------------------------

2. West Brom - 93 pts.

------------------------

3. Wolves - 90 pts.

4. Sunderland - 90 pts.

5. Watford - 82 pts.

6. Leeds - 82 pts.

------------------------

As you can see, we comfortably won the Championship by 11 pts. Even if we went into administration (which was looking like being 500k in the red) we would've still won the division.

Now to prepare for a struggle in the big time...

I don't know yet. Considering we're a bit in the negative I'm not expecting too much. Factor in some prize money and such... probably between 5-10 million.

Although this season we improved the training and youth facillities, and hired a bunch of top quality staff from top clubs as well as new scouts so it's added up. We're not selling out the new stadium every week so gate recipts aren't as high as they should be.

Just a update on my season -

Currently 8th with 20 games player. Havent performed as well as I thought we would. Lack defensive depth which is holding us back.

Have managed to buy Henrique from Barca for £4.9m to strengthen the defence.

Have played around with formations and tactics to find the right one for the current crop of players.

Formation : 2-2-3-1-2

GK - Given

WBR - Beye

WBL - Enrique

DC - Chygrynskyi ©

DC - Henrique

MC - Sivakov

MC - Cattermole

MC - K Lua Lua

AMC - Vukcevic

ST - Martins

ST - Gudjohnson

Can still improve upon the squad which im hoping to do.

Evening chaps!

Getting back in to my save with Newcastle where I downloaded a database update with them in the Championship. Promoted first season no problem, made an £11m loss (which considering the situation wasn't too bad), reduced the wage bill a lot getting rid of Owen, Barton, Nolan, Viduka (all felt great), and Jonas (not so great).

Won the League Cup from the Championship, didn't really face any good sides and beat Sunderland 2-1 in the final (whey!), which meant UEFA Cup football in the first season back up

Currently sitting 6th in the league having played 12 games, I seem to be giving pretty much everyone a game, including Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool who I only lost to narrowly. Chelsea was particularly annoying, went 2-0 down pretty quick then fought back to 2-2, only to concede a couple of soft goals and lose 4-2 after an even game. Defence definitely needs improving - no surprise as it's the same as the one I started with! Attack is great though, no problems scoring. Here's the team:

GK Tim Krul

DR Habib Beye

DL Jose Enrique

DC Fabricio Coloccini

DC Steven Taylor ©

DM Morgan Schneiderlin/Emerson

MC Maniche/Adam Lallana

MC Niko Kranjcar/Nacer Barazite

AMR Sebastien Blanco

AML Dentinho

ST Marquinhos

Got Fabio and Rafael arriving from Man Utd in January which will give me proper backup in the fullback positions. Could do with another either-sided winger too, I've been really quite lucky with no injuries to Dentinho and Blanco, my only backup is Stefano Fiore - great for a 10 minute cameo but hasn't got the legs to last the full 90 anymore, and Kazenga LuaLua - great pace but struggles with the end product.

Biggest reason to be proud so far is between actually turning a profit every month so far this season, and beating Feyenoord 3-0 away in the UEFA group stage :D

I really hate the end of the season. You're not doing anything but results are still being processed as are interntationals which pretty much pro-long the actual end of the season. I want my budget as soon as possible so I can plan some buys ahead of time.

I really hate the end of the season. You're not doing anything but results are still being processed as are interntationals which pretty much pro-long the actual end of the season. I want my budget as soon as possible so I can plan some buys ahead of time.

I use the time to check all the relegated teams from the leagues I have active for good players and prospects who are wanting to leave/have relegation release fees. Also a good chance to check for any expiring contracts who are getting desperate cause noone wants them and they'll consider a slightly lesser club :thup:

Okay, here we are:

Fixture List:

Man Utd (Away) :(

Blackburn (Home)

Everton (Away)

Some real toughies there. I'm expecting... 0 points.

Just recieved £29,500,000 in TV rights. Money troubles are a thing of the past now.

And wow... just saw my budget. The minimum ambition is to fight bravely agaisnt relegation. To do so, they are giving me £22.5 million to spend :o!

I could do mircales with that money.

Im still at Brantwood in the Norn premiership, currently third after about 12 games, which is nice, we've won by 3-2 a lot and often times the goals I concede are the only attacks of the game for the opposition, also the opposition keepers are making 3+ saves a game (unheard of at this level), this is tres worrying as it suggest the ME is being a ****.

Okay, looking at my team report my quality and good players are suddenly only decent. Need to off load some dead wood and get in some quality.

Got a bid near enough accepted for Francisco Guillermo Ochoa who is class; usually my first buy for my Arsenal team. Will cost between 8-9 million which would smash my record transfer fee.

I'll need to sign a CMd, and a couple of strikers, possibly two full backs and a new CB. Lots of spending to do.

I've started a small career game with only a few leagues load. Them leagues are -

England - League Two & Above

Spain - Liga Adelante & Above

I wanted it too run fast. :D

I'm currently Notts County, and hope to move to Spain after a few seasons. :cool:

Just won the Carling Cup against Chelsea, Babel tripped Bosingwa in the box, Lampard hit the post with the penalty.. later on Bosingwa hacked down Babel in the box! Gerrard stuck it away! 1-0. Neither penalties resulted in a card at all strangely.

On an awesome note, as I was changing to time wastng with slower tempo, Drogba went in 2 footed on Carragher and got a red card, wasting a ton of time in the process.

Just won the Carling Cup against Chelsea, Babel tripped Bosingwa in the box, Lampard hit the post with the penalty.. later on Bosingwa hacked down Babel in the box! Gerrard stuck it away! 1-0. Neither penalties resulted in a card at all strangely.

On an awesome note, as I was changing to time wastng with slower tempo, Drogba went in 2 footed on Carragher and got a red card, wasting a ton of time in the process.

I've never had anything important happen while I try and change my tactics. :confused:

Here's my ins for the new season. Managed to get some real good players me thinks:

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa - £8.5mil

Mark Beevers - £2.5mil

Andrea Poli - £320k

Ken Fagerberg - £1.6mil

TOTAL: £12,920,000

Still got around 10mil to spend as well...

started a new LLM game as hampton and Richmond

Awful start, meant to have one of the top squads in the league but whenever a game is tight we end up losing or drawing-never by more than one goal, though. 12th atm, it's only October but we need to fix up. The only bright spot is Ian Hodges who has 10 goals already, would have had more without disallowed goals. LLM is hard...:(

Another in...

Robert Lewondowski - £4.5mil.

So my team is now:

GK: Francisco Guillermo Ochoa

LB: Johnny Herd

RB: Osei Sankofa

CB: Mark Beevers

CB: Jeong Hyun-Yoon

RM: Moussa Kone

LM: Simon Poulsen

CM: Andrea Poli

CM: Xabier Romo

ST: Robert Lewondowski

ST: Ken Fagerberg

What do you think? Can this team keep me in the Prem?

Also just been appointed as USA boss after randomly applying. It'd be an interesting challenge.

Last signing of the window... Rodney Sneijder for £425k. Can play all across the midfield so a handy sqaud player.

Manchester United in a few days. Can't say I'm too confident.

Out of curiosity, I checked Arsenal's transfer history and was surprised at who they've got:

Yoan Gouffran

Cesar Azpillicueta

Nani

Lorik Cana

Serge Gakpe

TOTAL: £78,000,000

I bought Rodney Sneijder for my Newcastle team.

He hasnt impressed the times he has played, im going to let him mature in the reserves and play him in the odd first team game (cup games). His stats are fairly good and he's only 18, he has plenty of time to improve.

Archived