All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always find playing as your favourite team an effective way to get back into it. After my Southend save got corrupted, I started one with Arsenal and now I can't stop playing. Everything is familiar so you can just sit down and enjoy yourself.

Or you could set yourself a challenge; lower league management, only signing English players, only spending a certain amount, etc. There's plenty of challenges in the Challenges and Sign Ups forums as well.

Off the top of my head:

Henri Lansbury

Mark Randall

Fran Merida

Fred Macheda

Gokhan Tore

Darren Gibson

Jack Hobbs

Mike San Jose

Not sure if all of them would join them, but those are some of the better yunguns I can think of off the top of my head.

You forgot Wilshere. :D

My bad.:p

How typical is this: second game in charge with Livorno. First game was away to Foggia and we trashed them 5-0. Danele Mannini scored 4 and assisted 1, from the right wing! Anyway, we go 1-0 up against Frosnone at home and then Mannini gets a straight red. It doesn't end there, the sub I brought on, Estoyanoff, to play RM gets injured and has to be replaced! And we conceded! :mad:

Senderos is really good on FM, surprisingly. Bit of a donkey IRL though.

You probably know this already, but keep an eye on Vela. He was World Footballer of the Year and European Footballer of the Year before I left Arsenal.

I find it strange how Livorno, who are really underachieving in Serie B, has a £10.5M transfer budget. Not that I'm complaining, I just didn't think we'd have this much money. The squad is actually beyond good enough for a mid-table finish, so I might as well save the cash and splash it in the summer.

Away to Pisa next. Derby match apparently, and their manager is Gianluca Vialli of all people. Odd.

One of my strikers is a complete primadona. Thinks he's bigger than the club and, I quote, is shocked about not being treated as a first team regular. He want out, and I want him out. Don't care if he's one of my best players, he's disrupting the harmony. Bye bye Diamanti, whoever you are.

Possibly. Or he might have an extremely high PA and Inter might plan on actually using him. Nine times out of ten he ends up rotting in their reserves. Like Saivet at Bordeux. I snatched him on a free though and made him a brilliant striker.

Serie B has weird rules.

For some reason, I don't have a game for another 20 days but everyone else is playing. I'm assuming this the winter break.

The top two teams get promoted. If the gap between 3rd and 4th is more than 9 points, then the team that finished 3rd gets promotions as well. BUT, if there is fewer than ten points seperating 3rd and 4th, then only the top 2 get promoted and teams from 3rd through 7th go into a playoff competition for the final promotion spot.

On the other end of the spectrum, the bottom four teams are relegated IF there is more than 4 points seperating 18th and 19th. BUT, if there is less than 5 points seperating 18th and 19th, the two teams will go into a playoff to decide the fourth team that gets relegated.

Needless complicated.

Serie B has weird rules.

For some reason, I don't have a game for another 20 days but everyone else is playing. I'm assuming this the winter break.

The top two teams get promoted. If the gap between 3rd and 4th is more than 9 points, then the team that finished 3rd gets promotions as well. BUT, if there is fewer than ten points seperating 3rd and 4th, then only the top 2 get promoted and teams from 3rd through 7th go into a playoff competition for the final promotion spot.

On the other end of the spectrum, the bottom four teams are relegated IF there is more than 4 points seperating 18th and 19th. BUT, if there is less than 5 points seperating 18th and 19th, the two teams will go into a playoff to decide the fourth team that gets relegated.

Needless complicated.

Flippin' heck, it's like a question on 3-2-1! :eek:

It doesn't end there!

The teams are sorted by points then results against other teams. I think what this mean is that if I finish with the same amount of points with the team who is first, I will finish either first or second depending on my results against that team. Even if I had surperior goal difference, I would finish second if I lost to that team twice, for example.

Imagine losing out on the Serie A title like that.

And yes, it's frustrating because the team has just won 3 matches in a row and our season is beginning to look up and the play offs (that complicated rule permitting, of course) is a realistic target. We'll probably lose some momentum because of this. I haven't even got an international friendly in that time.

I get some brownie points from the Livorno board though, so it's a bonus.

Blimey though. If I was still with Arsenal I would be having three games a week, all away to teams like Bolton and Stoke but here I am now, sitting like a lemon with nothing to do.

Easy win. :thup:

Emirates is a fortress. Unless something goes really wrong, you'll rarely lose there.

I just realised I haven't made any training scheduals for Livorno yet, or even glanced at the coaching staff. I'm thinking I should wait until the end of the season until I change anything.

Got some more rules for ya. Player rules:

Maximum of 22 over 21 players.

Maximum of 18 over 21 players not trained at club

Only one non-EU player per squad.

Player signed on free transfers can be registered at any time.

Players of age 21 or under do not have to be registered.

Well after leaving Arsenal, I really wanted to manage in the Scottish Prem to try and break Rangers's and Celtic's dominance, but only lower league jobs were avaliable. I was offered about three jobs from Brazil, but all the teams were sturggling in the relegation zone and I didn't fancy it.

I didn't want to be holidaying for too long, because it takes a while. Livorno offered me a job. Really good squad, quite a bit of money and a decent sized stadium. Only Serie B, so I'm not stuck with crap lower league players. I've never managed in Italy either. I thought it would be a good challenge and all the foundations are there for me to build upon and become successful in the future.

January 1st now. We were 15th when I signed on, now we're 10th after three straight wins (really good wins as well) and now pushing for the play offs. Have quite a lot money to spend if I want to strengthen, so things are looking good already. I'm aiming for promotion at the end of next season (2012/2013).

Would you believe it, I have a match soon!

I hate playing Everton. My tiny side of speedy little players always gets outmuscled and dominated in the air. And the pitch is small too. *shudders* Always on a saturday January afternoon after coming back from Ukraine somewhere three days ago. lovely.

Hi,

Playing as Leeds in the PL in the 4th season, i've had a pretty successful save so far but my striker's goals are starting to dry up. I play a good old fashioned 4-4-2 formation with one quick striker and one holding the ball up and i'm not looking to change this. Just wondering what minor changes to my striker's player instructions could make a big difference. What d'you do with creative freedom for strikers, i've currently got mine set to much. Any other info appreciated.

cheers

Depends on the striker. If I have someone like van Persie, for example, I would give him lots of creative freedom and a free role.

High mentallity, through balls often, high creative freedom and a free role for creative strikers that I use.

Ah, the good old all-nighter thread.

Haven't done one of these in a while so here goes.

Getting ready to start season 2016/2017 having played as Arsenal manager since the start and recently being named Englands all-time most successful manager with another treble =)

It does get really easy but never boring watching your side dominate

Archived