All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got 'round to starting on FM09 again. 42 leagues, 14 nations, blah blah blah. Won all but one of my friendlies so far (I mistakenly put my youth GK in goal for the game we lost). Currently trying a new man-marking style in my 4-1-4-1 tactic (the same one I made for FM08). Slowness isn't bothering me, and as for my previous gripes about the ME - must've been my tactics. :o

Edit: Oh, and I'm AFC Wimbledon this time, in the BSS.

Despite being in my first season in League 2, and 19th in the league, I have got to the Johnstones Paint Trophy North final after a last minute winner.

One of their defenders then decided the appropriate action for such a late winner would be for a minute later to kick out at my scorer for some reason, and get red carded :D

You know, I've never reached a decade on any of my FM saves. My longest is six years, then the game got corrupted. Just when I was ready to push for a top four place with Southend. :(

Me either, longest for me was the 3 seasons with Liverpool on FM09.

The new manager of Arsenal is rather dumb. Before I left, I already has Downing, Nasri and Rosicky as left wingers and Walcott and Wilshere as right wingers. So what does he do? He goes and sell Downing, buys Simon Vuckevic and Miralem Pjanic and some German winger. Why?

The new manager of Arsenal is rather dumb. Before I left, I already has Downing, Nasri and Rosicky as left wingers and Walcott and Wilshere as right wingers. So what does he do? He goes and sell Downing, buys Simon Vuckevic and Miralem Pjanic and some German winger. Why?

Perhaps he didn't get on with them, perhaps there was a big profit or perhaps he's just stupid? :confused:

Edit: Actually, I take that back. Just saw it was just Downing that he sold. Can't blame him, really. :p:D

Well, neither can I. I don't even know why I signed him in the first place. But still, they don't even need those players. Nothing worse than seing your old team get ruined by the new manager.

I just found I'm a "legendary manager". After three years. Didn't take long. Must be because my starting reputation was international footballer.

I think Arsene Wenger is my new best friend.

Seeing as we became affiliates with Arsenal, I decided to see if they'd loan me out another player. I needed an ML or a DR. Unfortunately, none of their reserve/U18 MLs or DRs were available for loan. The only player who was available for loan was Henri Lansbury, a right-sided midfielder. Now, I didn't need him, but I saw his awesome attributes so I thought I'd give it a go and ask for him. Amazingly, Arsene and Henri both said yes, and I've now got an awesome right winger who's probably 10 times better than all my players put together. :D Honestly thought that I wouldn't get him, to be honest. Not down to the club, but more down to Lansbury not wanting to join us.

Despite supporting Man Yoo ;), I can safely say that Suzie is about the coolest girl I know. I mean, she plays FM ffs! :cool:

Started a game there a couple of hours ago with Nottm Forest. Not going to buy any players as the squad is quite impressive in it's default state. That may change though if Cohen (CM) keeps harping on about a 'move to a bigger club' :mad:

After only a couple of media comments, Martin O'Neill lists me as favoured personnel. He is Northern Irish just like me, and supports Forest so I suppose it was easy enough. Perhaps I'll raid Villa for some quality players on loan :thup:

I was just watching highlights of Sporting CP vs Fiorentina. Man, what an idiot Simon Vuckevic is. First he gets involved after Gamberini punched someone in the face, getting booked. Then he scores... and takes his shirt off. Oh dear. Second yellow.

And then Gorden Strachan made a joke about Vuckevic being sent off because he was showing his belly and not an impressive six pack for all the ladies to see.

Currently sitting 3rd, six points of an automatic spot. There are less than 10 points seperating me and 4th, so we'll go into a playoffs if it ends like this. Hopefully, we keep winning and a 9 point gap opens up between me and 4th, thus us getting automatic promotion.

Despite supporting Man Yoo ;), I can safely say that Suzie is about the coolest girl I know. I mean, she plays FM ffs! :cool:

Thankies. :D Although I have to confess I'm currently wearing last season's Liverpool away shirt, due to a strange period in my life last April when I decided to fall in love with them and make them my second team.

Back to FM - first game of the season, the Eastleigh manager decides to rip into our chances beating them on their home turf.

My now Arsenal-ised team thrash them 4-0. Gwahaha! :D

Thankies. :D Although I have to confess I'm currently wearing last season's Liverpool away shirt, due to a strange period in my life last April when I decided to fall in love with them and make them my second team.

April? Was that anything to do with a certain 4-1 thrashing at Old Trafford? :D

*shifty eyes*

As for your Arsenal-ised team; wp :thup:

April? Was that anything to do with a certain 4-1 thrashing at Old Trafford? :D

*shifty eyes*

As for your Arsenal-ised team; wp :thup:

Cheers. :D

Re: Liverpool - LOL no, actually it was really down to being at the end of my tether with Ronaldo. Never liked him and his histrionics went rock bottom during March/April, perhaps due to the poor streak after the Liverpool game. Ronaldo was United, it seemed, and it was like he could do no wrong. And for me, that was very off-putting.

I'd always had a soft spot for Liverpool since I was a kid, plus a couple of my best mates on here are Liverpool supporters, and I just really wanted Liverpool to win the league last season.

How many Arsenal players did you nick?

I couldn't have an easier last four games of the season; three of which are in the bottom half somewhere and one against rivals Pisa. Beating them will help widen the gap and that complicated rule comes into effect.

How many Arsenal players did you nick?

I couldn't have an easier last four games of the season; three of which are in the bottom half somewhere and one against rivals Pisa. Beating them will help widen the gap and that complicated rule comes into effect.

Just the 2 - only allowed 2 long-term loans in the Blue Square South.

Just the 2 - only allowed 2 long-term loans in the Blue Square South.

tbf though, 2 of Arsenal's kids are good enough to beat most BSS teams on their own :D

EDIT: I shouldn't really smile though, because that makes me :mad: -Arsenal's kids are just irritatingly amazy.

Suzie MUFC how can you be a United fan and have a softpot for Liverpool and support them as your second team???????

To be honest, I'm a football fan, first and foremost. These days, I'm more of a neutral who just happens to enjoy watching specific teams.

Forgot to mention another reason why I started to like Liverpool more was because of an FM save I had (that was what sealed it, really), and that's also kind of happened with Eastbourne Borough and AFC Wimbledon, both technically local teams of mine (I was born just a few miles from Wimbledon, and I grew up in a town just a few miles down the coast from Eastbourne).

Lots of people have different reasons for liking certain teams. United, Liverpool, and to a lesser extent, AFC Wimbledon and Eastbourne Boro, just have special meanings to me.

To be honest, I'm a football fan, first and foremost. These days, I'm more of a neutral who just happens to enjoy watching specific teams.

Forgot to mention another reason why I started to like Liverpool more was because of an FM save I had (that was what sealed it, really), and that's also kind of happened with Eastbourne Borough and AFC Wimbledon, both technically local teams of mine (I was born just a few miles from Wimbledon, and I grew up in a town just a few miles down the coast from Eastbourne).

Lots of people have different reasons for liking certain teams. United, Liverpool, and to a lesser extent, AFC Wimbledon and Eastbourne Boro, just have special meanings to me.

Oh ok, so your not a diehard United fan just more of a neutral, sounds fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. I wish there was more girls like you!

Archived