All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

Unlucky mate. That sort of thing gets on my nerves. :mad:

Yeaa, just have to take it on the chin and prepare for the next match, no amount of moaning will do anything to change it.

Who knows maybe next time a crap ref makes crap decisions in my favour instead?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeaa, just have to take it on the chin and prepare for the next match, no amount of moaning will do anything to change it.

Who knows maybe next time a crap ref makes crap decisions in my favour instead?

These things even themselves out over the course of a season...

Well, that's what we're told anyway. Never seems like that on FM09 though :thdn:

Oh ok, so your not a diehard United fan just more of a neutral, sounds fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. I wish there was more girls like you!

When I got into United (in 1994 when I was 13) I was really into them. Bought all the shirts, the official magazines, still got a whole ton of their videos on my shelf which I still love watching. On top of that, David Beckham became my favourite player. Never been to a match in my life, though. To me it's just about watching a great team play beautiful football, which is the same feeling I get when I watch old footage of Liverpool from the 70's and 80's.

And it's not about the glory. Another reason I got fed up with United was that they were winning everything - that can get very boring, so I wanted Liverpool to win more because they hadn't won a league title since 1990. Kind of an underdog thing (if you can call Liverpool underdogs!).

Darn, no automatic promotion for me. :(

I'm not sure which point I'd be more gutted about: the lack of automatic promotion, or the fact that because of this, it means having to get out a rulebook the size of a telephone directory for a small eastern European country.

Quick update before I turn in: in our first 6 league games, we've won every single one and only conceded 1 goal, with a goal difference of +14. On top of that, our main striker has scored 8 goals, plus 2 in a cup game, and got a hat-trick in the first 16 minutes of our last match. It's all ridiculously brilliant, and I put it down to my 4-1-4-1 tactic. Technically a 5-5 system (5 defending, 5 attacking), the midfield drops back to defend, resulting in a 9 man defence. And when we attack, they bomb forward giving 5 men in and around the penalty area. I'm rather proud of it. :D

Currently doing my Britsh Project with Arsenal. After this aggregate result, I think I need to improve my defence a wee bit.

Athletico Madrid 3 - 3 Arsenal

Arsenal 4 - 1 Athletico Madrid

Arsenal 7 - 4 Athletico Madrid.

All their goals came from corners.

I lost a week of game time last night due to a power cut :(

Ergh, happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Going to be restarting yet again - the slowness of FM09 is starting to bug me again, so I'll be making a game with a lot less leagues.

Shame, as we were still 2nd from top in November.

Just playing my Grimsby save where i have got them from league 2 to the premiership am in my ffirst season in the prem now, winning at home is the key for me. 2 Fantastic away results 2-1 win at liverpool scoring in the 95th min and drawing 0-0 away at chelsea. This has got me back into fm. :)

now at this current Im doing my Braintree season im doing great up to now 4 games unbeated won 3 drew 1 im 1st by goal difference :D i drew my latest game which im ok about it we played better then the other team in preformance wise

only just started im on the 5th game of the league season im facing Eastleigh ill post a screen shot

Damn, never had a free signing become a wonderkid before.

Send him over to Grimsby ;)

Just signed Ramsey from Arsenal for 6.25 needed a quality centre mid whos a good passer and he fit the bill perfectly, surprised to see him unhappy at arsenal due to not playing but they have a lot of quality so cant blame them for not playing him.

Archived