All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

Southampton just came bottom of the Premier League. :p

There aren't too many weird team success/failure stories really, although Coventry and Norwich are established Premier League sides. Southend and Shef Wed are up there too, with Lincoln as a yo-yo side. Notts County have just been promoted for the first time. Kettering are in the Championship too, but a lot can change in 40+ years. :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm considering playing through the night tonight, and have just had some sad news on my Liverpool/England save, coming to the end of the 2012/13 season. Michael Owen has already broken the England goalscoring record, currently standing on 62 goals. This gives him a goal per game ratio of exactly 1 goal every two games, because he currently stands on 124 caps for England, one behind the all-time record of 125, held by Peter Shilton. However, it looks like he's going to miss out on that record, because he's just suffered another cruciate ligament injury, putting him out for 8 months. At 33, I doubt he'll manage to get back into the squad, assuming he doesn't retire because of the injury.

I think I might do an all nighter too. I've been FM deprived since Thursday due to the other half coming up :)

I was at Messina, for many seasons. I got them promoted to the Serie B and established them as a mid table team. But I had a bad season, and although the team wasn't going to go down I was going to lose a lot of players in the off season. So I jumped. I got picked up by League 2 Wrexham. I just missed out on the play offs and had a great start to the next season, only losing 1 league match in 16 games. I then got an offer from struggling Southhampton in League 1 so I moved on to them. It's the 2016/17 and I'm hoping I can rebuild in the January transfer window and pull the club out of the relegation zone.

Sucks about Owen in your game brod. I'd be tempted to add myself and call him up anyway ;) I wonder if the AI will call him up for sentimental reasons?

I think I might do an all nighter too. I've been FM deprived since Thursday due to the other half coming up :)

I was at Messina, for many seasons. I got them promoted to the Serie B and established them as a mid table team. But I had a bad season, and although the team wasn't going to go down I was going to lose a lot of players in the off season. So I jumped. I got picked up by League 2 Wrexham. I just missed out on the play offs and had a great start to the next season, only losing 1 league match in 16 games. I then got an offer from struggling Southhampton in League 1 so I moved on to them. It's the 2016/17 and I'm hoping I can rebuild in the January transfer window and pull the club out of the relegation zone.

Sucks about Owen in your game brod. I'd be tempted to add myself and call him up anyway ;) I wonder if the AI will call him up for sentimental reasons?

I am England manager along with Liverpool. I might bring him in for a friendly or two, although I've not got a record for sentimentality at that level - never called up Beckham, for instance.

Sergey Krivets has made a flying start to his Newcastle career, with 4 assists in 6 appearances. Still no goal though.

I love how versitle he is, being natural as an AMC and MC, and just as good as an AMR and MR and cutting insdie from the left as well.

Sergey Krivets has made a flying start to his Newcastle career, with 4 assists in 6 appearances. Still no goal though.

I love how versitle he is, being natural as an AMC and MC, and just as good as an AMR and MR and cutting insdie from the left as well.

He's quality. :D Mostly I used him as an attacking MC or as AMR, but he was just as good at AML, even in his later years.

I am England manager along with Liverpool. I might bring him in for a friendly or two, although I've not got a record for sentimentality at that level - never called up Beckham, for instance.

2 subs is all it takes :) Friendlies might be the way forward for Owen

Hey guys been struggling to find a team to go on FM recently and its annoying me. SO if anyone has some suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.

Thanks, Sheep :D

Load up the top divisions of a group of European leagues (you choose). Then click randomize and play with who you get.

Baaa.

might go for an all nighter tonight. Im verona in 2017 in my 5th season in serie A and am now an established side, even reaching the dizzy heights of 3rd place and a champions league spot, not having a great season this season, mid table annonymity despite heavily improving the quality of my squad over the summer. gonna have to scratch this season and see whether we can kick back on next season. Highlight of the season was beating Barca 2-1 at Bentegodi. Got a crackin squad, featuring Fabian Delph, Diego Buononnatte, Michael Mancienne, Ezequiel Garay and a bunch of very talented regens! will keep you guys updated!

Thats who i usually buy at the start of the game but this time was different but il end up buying him like i always do!!

Just come from 1 down to win 2-1 away at burnley gabi scoring both goals and the winner in the 95th min! Get in!!!!

Beye has been very impressive at right back only 4 points off Arsenal in 6th so im going to be chasing them. Blackburn the surprise package sitting 5th.

Yeah they are going much better then i expected very tight this season aswell if you lose you go down a couple of places if you win you go up a couple. Balotelli has gabi as his favoured personal and gabi has balotelli as his...very young side which i thought would be a problem but turns out its working well but have experience in the squad which i guess helps.

Hes overrated ;)

Doesn't really matter how young they are, so long if they're good enough.

Now I have a dilemna. Tomas Rosicky has been plagued with injury all season and has only played nine times for me. In those 9 games, he played exceptionally well. Now, hindsight and past experience tells me that Rosicky is capable of keeping up the same form all season. But past experience also tells me that Nasri becomes one of the best in the world in a couple of seasons and on this current save, Arshavin has been my second best player (behind Fabregas). So, should I sell Rosicky or give him more chance in the first team?

Yeah thats what i always say being a west ham fan thats what i been used too if your good enough your old enough!

I would sell him mate, you say Barazite is coming through aswell and im sure you can buy a replacment for Rosicky, if your chasing for cups the last thing you need is injuries.

Selling Heskey for 3.9mil to Newcastle which im chuffed about was rubbish for me.

Yeah he is a wonderkid mate scores goals and sets up loads great player!

I'll milk some extra cash off of him then, not that I actually plan on spending it on anything. I have Fran Merida who doesn't become that good, but becomes a decent player nonetheless and can fill in on the left side of midfield if need be. Vela can play very well there as well.

John Fleck is a very good youngster and would be a good replacement for Rosicky and hes cheap even though you dont want to spend it fleck is worth a look is doing very well for me at the age of 17. Tempted to put a bid in for Montolivo looks a great player and i keep getting linked with him aswell.

Yes Vela in my eyes turns out to be one of the best players on FM 09. Fantastic talent.

Montolivo would be an excellent signing. Never tried him myself but hear he's very good. He certainly looks very good.

We'll see what develops in the summer. I'm very happy with my strike force at the moment and I could do without another left footed striker (Eduardo, van Persie and Vela are all left footed). Agree that he is an excellent prospect. Best 16 year old on the game at the start.

Archived