All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester City

City had too much of the game for my liking, seemlingly creating chances at will and we didn't really get going. Despite that, we went ahead through a Edin Dzeko header. We went 2-0 up when Fabregas crashed the ball home. City pulled one back with a cracking header from Fernandinho, although Clichy was at fault.

The points were wrapped up when Dzeko scored with an unsaveable shot.

Thought i'd join in. I'm managing Preston, now in my second season having won the Championship the year before-Reading pushed me hard though! Now in the Premiership, i'm nearing the end, having signed Whittingham, Koumas, Jacobson, Nyatanga and Jarosik to help me through. I'm 13th with 4 to play, got Spurs, Everton, Villa and Man City. Looks like I'll stay up, planning for next season now. Exciting times!

Going into the last game of the season now with Darlington, hoping for automatic promotion, here's how it looks...

1) Rochdale 96

2) Bradford 85

3) Darlington 78 +29

4) Gillingham 78 +17

5) Grimsby 77 +28

6) Port Vale 77 +18

7) Rotherham 76 +35

Come on boys! :D

Arsenal 5 - 2 Real Madrid

What a match this was. It took 40 seconds for Madrid to score. Sergio Ramos scored a 30 yard free kick and left me wondering how, since I didn't think he was the most adpet of free kick takers. Nonetheless, we hit bit 2 minutes later through Edin Dzeko. We went 2-1 up after Vermaelen's header hit the bar before just about crossing the line. We made it 3-1 when Eduardo's shot was parried right into the path of Dzeko, who made no mistake. Madrid grabbed their second and last goal just before half time, after Vermaelen somehow managed to put the ball into his own net.

Second half came about and we weren't done. Dzeko completed his hat-trick with a powerful shot that gave Casillas no chance. In the 90th minute, van Persie converted a penalty to score his first goal of the season.

One thing I learned from this match: Edin Dzeko > Vagner Love :D

So are you doing a sort of journeman career then? I imagine it would've been quite fun to get your Hungarian side to win the Champions League.

Yeah, I guess so. I'm going through a bad patch of form at a bad time at the moment; I'm not the best at LLM.

The reason I took over at that side in the first place is because they won the UEFA Cup once and I wanted to restore them to their former glory. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I wasn't finding it fun.

closed down my Grimsby save, currently 8th after 20 games, didnt loose in 11 games then lost 2 straight.

Got all my best players out injured too so not looking good atm, sure it will pick up later in the season, which i will play tomorrow night

Although it's only November in my save, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Edin Dzeko will win Striker of the Year. 16 goals in 17 appearance so far, as well as a bonus three assists and general good play from him. £7M well spent.

Archived