All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

39 unread messages? It looks like you don't bother reading them.

Yeah, I holidayed the gap between the game and the last one, and luckily had no press conference so nothing to respond to. :D

Edit: Actually, I think I may have holidayed longer when I went to do other things. Also, is Jonathon Ross ref? :p

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going into the last game of the season now with Darlington, hoping for automatic promotion, here's how it looks...

1) Rochdale 96

2) Bradford 85

3) Darlington 78 +29

4) Gillingham 78 +17

5) Grimsby 77 +28

6) Port Vale 77 +18

7) Rotherham 76 +35

Come on boys! :D

:( I am 10th after 21 games with Grimsby, I cannot stop drawing matches 0-0!! I really hope it gets better after Xmas

Hi everyone thi is my first participation in the all nighter thread. DOesnt look like ill be sleeping tonight so I'm starting an England save with 65 leagues from 35 nations just to show capello its not that hard.

Ill be holidaying between games though as with this many leagues it will take all night to get through a week!

So far had a 4 game loosing streak followed by 2 wins in a row with my grimsby team, now my star striker is back from 4 months off and waiting on the subs bench on 93%, 1 week after getting fit.

Lets see if I can make it 4 losses followed by 4 wins!

Some Swedish keeper on a free. Hopefully I'm getting Stuart Taylor on a free and Andrea Russotto, who is tranfer listed for £0 despite the fact he's worth £1.4M. Hopefully he'll come.

Other than that, I'm planning on replacing lost players with youth and reserves just to save some cash. With UEFA Cup football this year, we should earn a fair sum for next years transfer kitty and then I'll be able to get the qaulity needed to break into the top two.

Sound promising.

I sold a player for £40 million, I haven't been able to do that in ages. Spent all the money already further strengthening my defence, it's started to get a wee bit leaky in the last couple of months.

Bloody Heck, Alan Smith is playing for Leeds at the age of 38...

Anyone still up?

Brief run down on my game. Im currently Doncastor in the Prem in June 2012, having survived my 1st season finished 15th.

Key moments

Beating Man Utd 4-1 at home

Beating Newcastle 2-1 away

*The newcastle result being prominent in my mind, because they poached on of my young stars in the 2nd season (Chairman stepped in) and it just felt fantastic to hit and realistically unjust (match stat wise) injury time winner

Key players

Ken Fagerberg (Starman) - This guy has become an absolute favourite of mine, scoring 25 goals and coming top in the league. With say 15 of them being injury time winners, he was a joy to watch

Per Lohman (Cracking Youngster)- Young regen with ags of potential, didnt realise till past xmas but a great season for the 21 yr old

Miguel Cevasco (Mr Consistent) - My only player i knew i could count on for performances coming into the season. Great stats, and a great season, without him i lost. It was as simple as that

What i need

Fullbacks that have the ability to attack as well as defend. Unforunately i had to keep my FB's defensive all season as they didnt have the capaility to attack (A vital component of winning football on FM in my opinion)

A attacking centre mid, to complement Celvasco. Too much relied on wingplay this season, and i need through alls from the centre of the park if i am to progress

Well lads, had a little road accident on my bike on thursday after plowing into the back of a van.

Have been incapacitated by pain, and thus playing FM since.

Pain has been gradually getting worse, so i went A n E today, and it turns out ive broken my collarbone.

Breaking my collarbone- Fail

Dominating FM until it heals- Win

Season 5

Really happy with who i brought in. Was given 31 million for a mid table finish, and i raised around 16.5 mil through sales. I now feel i have a complete squad, that given some luck and good management could break the top 4

Only issue could arrise from depth. Already had a lot of injuries.

Bought

Stephen Kelly (Free) Complete Full back, on the cheap

Ross Wallace (4mil) Can play either Full Back or Left Mid. Fantastic going forward, and will do a job defensively if called on

Gabriele Paonessa (3.4mil) A creative mid, to compliment Cevasco. Not 100% sure this guy i entirely what i want, but unfortunately what i wants costs! For this money though he's a snip at 3.2

Mobido Diakite (5mil) 6.4 black tank. Simple really, will dominate any target men with his 19 jumping 19 strenght. Not the greatest mentally but shouldn't be an issue

Coutinho (12mill) Highly reccomended FC by my scouts. Complete player really, fast strong poacher.

Roy Vink (750k) Young 17 year old, left and attacking mid. Potential at the momentm and is far from a finished prodcut. Could be great though

John McCallum (6.5mil) Massively pacey young centre back. Didn't have any pacey options in defence, and this kid will provide the solution for this issue

Jean (12.5 mil) Complete midfielder, very similar to Cevasco, mainly brought in as Cevasco has broke his ankle

Season

Spurs home Won 2-1 ; Tight game. They equalised 90th min, i got the winner 92nd. Great start

Chelsea away lost 2-0 Played well. Defensive error and corner goal. But promising

Blackburn home Won 3-2 My cm got sent off 17th min (****) But finished my chances, and actually dominated the game. Hilario my back up keeper made a horrific error for there 1st

Im gunna be up late, hoping to surge at the end of the season with Grimsby, currently 12th with 14 wins, draws and losses with a +8 GD. I think I might be able to scrape the playoffs as our form has taken a turn for the better with some recent wins

I managed to scrape a 2-1 win against Nice. Bofo Bautista got a debut goal and the evergeen Rafik Saifi score the winning goal. We lost key player left winger Olivier Monerrubio though, he'll be out for 4 weeks and Hamed Nomouchi will certainly miss the next match.

Archived