All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

my attendance has improved by 1200!!!!! yay feeling great now im gaining profit now instead of losing money every month im gaining money !!! im thinking now whose contract to increase and who to release from my squad

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were trashed 3-0. Didn't put up any fight at all. Fortunately, Cambridge lost so we're still top... just that the defecit is not only one point between three clubs with four games to go. It'll probably go down to the last day of the season.

We were trashed 3-0. Didn't put up any fight at all. Fortunately, Cambridge lost so we're still top... just that the defecit is not only one point between three clubs with four games to go. It'll probably go down to the last day of the season.

unlucky really wanted you to win as welll:(

Can't be too surprised, tbh. We're a team that' ssupposed to be rock bottom around this time, licking our wounds from a long and hard season but we've massively over achieved. Teams like Bouremouth, Cambridge and Oxford were always going to be exceptionally difficult to beat away from home and it shows.

3 points clear, three games to go... two more wins and that's it, we're champions.

im braintree right now in my 2nd season i wont the Blue square south big achievement won manager of the year and best player was Quinton in my 2nd season im promoted in a new league harder teams new challenge i was kind of worryed and i put my aim is stay clear out of relegation 1st match was against steveage they beated me 2-0

i knew that it will be a hard long season and i will lose many games 2 game i won then i had hope left then i became unbeaten for 10 games and im 1st IM delighted i brough new players which are playing great more money comming in the squad next season i hope i get out of bankruptcy (not that big ) now im earning + profit instead of - profit im glad on how things are going BUT i lost 1st game of conference cup which i wanted to win this year i lost against a blue north team im earning 10,000 each month ive won 13 games drawn 2 lost 2 and im pridicted to become last but now im 1st

We all suffer the occasional reality check. I won the FA Trophy in my first season but we were knocked out by Oxford City, a newly promoted Blue Sqaure North side, in the 3rd round this year. The domestic cup are immensly helpful towards finances though.

I hope you contine to do well. Right now, I'm having to rely on other results while winning my remaining games so it's tough. Not the situation I want to be in.

when its the start of the season and i do well i always do bad at the end.. or middle maybe which i hate so im gonna try and prevent that this season tbh i was lucky to win the blue sqaure south in my 1st season because i played horrible at the end but lucky it was points from the start of the season that saved me

It was exactly the same for me in the BSN. We showed some really good form and were top in January, but then our form just became inconsistant - win, draw, draw, loss, loss, win, win, loss etc etc and we just about finished as Champions.

Unbelievable! Last game away to Grays and we can't afford to rely on the chashing pack slipping up. It was a tough match... a really tough match and neither team were giving up. So what happens? Luke Ruddick, a fringe player this whole, pops up and scores an absolute fluke goal on 88 minutes - sending Hednesford Town FC into League 2 as champions of the Blue Square Premier!

I'm worn out after that.

It was exactly the same for me in the BSN. We showed some really good form and were top in January, but then our form just became inconsistant - win, draw, draw, loss, loss, win, win, loss etc etc and we just about finished as Champions.

Unbelievable! Last game away to Grays and we can't afford to rely on the chashing pack slipping up. It was a tough match... a really tough match and neither team were giving up. So what happens? Luke Ruddick, a fringe player this whole, pops up and scores an absolute fluke goal on 88 minutes - sending Hednesford Town FC into League 2 as champions of the Blue Square Premier!

I'm worn out after that.

Epic very epic well you didnt become champions but now your in play offs!! its time you need to wake up your team now

looked like a tough season to become champoins congrates wow nice fans delighted players delighted and bored delighted now your in league 2 hope you get big prize money :O wonder who gets player of the season

What'll I do is set my ambition to "mid-table finish" or "top-half finish", so that the star ratings of my players change accordingly. From there, if I sign a bunch of 6 and 7 star players I'm going to have a definite advantage over the relegation rivals and the teams competing for a mid-table spot. It also makes over-achieving quite easy if you get everyone play well. Loans are important as well.

I'm gearing up for more than one season in League 2 though.

What'll I do is set my ambition to "mid-table finish" or "top-half finish", so that the star ratings of my players change accordingly. From there, if I sign a bunch of 6 and 7 star players I'm going to have a definite advantage over the relegation rivals and the teams competing for a mid-table spot. It also makes over-achieving quite easy if you get everyone play well. Loans are important as well.

I'm gearing up for more than one season in League 2 though.

hmm i didnt know that

There's a thread in the Tactics forum by Heathxxx, I think his name is, which details his approach to lower league management. What he did was set the ambition of a relegation threatened club to "title winners" and the got rid of all his players, as they weren't good, and replaced them with 6/7 star players according to that ambition. It gives you an obvious advantage as you have the better players than everybody else.

nice!!!! thanks for telling me that ill do that next season

:( i just got knocked out of another cup in the 1st round i lost 2-0 against histon which is bad for finance wise and borad confident they expected me to do better cause every round i go threw i get money but now i wont ... im only in 1 cup left FA thropy

Of course the obvious drawback is that you can't muck up, unless you want to be sacked of course. It's a high risk, high reward method that also has financial implications as well; it might not be possible to get a whole team of 6/7 star players, especially on free transfers.

And wow, I just got offered friendlies from the reserves on Manchester United, Chelsea, and Sunderland. The Wolves first team also coming to Keys Park for a friendly (thanks to our parent/feeder link). Gotta love the gate recipts I'll recieve from those matches.

That looks a real steal, well done!

We've turned fully professional now, so we have to get everyone onto full time contracts. I just checked out my player reports after the new ambition, and I have to get rid of 11 players, and replace them with 11 real quality players. I only have £40K to spend as well, so should be a challenge. I'll raid Wolves for some loans, get some free transfers and the odd payment here and there.

Let's see... I need, at least:

1 goalkeeper

1 right back

1 left back

3 centre backs

1 right winger

2 left wingers

1 centre mid

1 striker

Going to be a bit busy...

should i start buying young players now or next season because i want to sell this guy for finance wise but he is a prospect defender hes 20 years old withj 16 speed or should i keep him for the future?

hes not preforming to great now but he will be quailty in the future

That looks a real steal, well done!

We've turned fully professional now, so we have to get everyone onto full time contracts. I just checked out my player reports after the new ambition, and I have to get rid of 11 players, and replace them with 11 real quality players. I only have £40K to spend as well, so should be a challenge. I'll raid Wolves for some loans, get some free transfers and the odd payment here and there.

Let's see... I need, at least:

1 goalkeeper

1 right back

1 left back

3 centre backs

1 right winger

2 left wingers

1 centre mid

1 striker

Going to be a bit busy...

haha your gonna be busy mate sounds like this season will be long lol

Depends if you have other players who can play in his position and are of similar level. Of course pace is a great asset at that level so it might be worth holding onto him and selling someone else for funds.

Probably, but that's what makes this game fun and worthwhile!

Been playing my career game tonight:

Having originally started unemployed, a little known club called Entente Sannois-Saint-Gratien came to me when they were hovering above the relegation zone in the National league in France. I took over, but with no managerial experience and little knowledge of the french league, or the language for that matter, I knew it would be a tough appointment. Luckily they didn't expect great things immediately from me, even though the team were predicted a safe 11th position when the season kicked off. It was tough all the way to the end, but my team never stopped fighting, and I managed to hold onto our league status by the skin of our teeth, finishing 16th.

As soon as the season ended and I knew that both our league status was safe, as well as my job, I started about the job of rebuilding the team, and club. Although the team had high expectations for the previous season, they had struggle badly and I felt they didn't quite deserve their reputation. As the majority of the teams contracts were up, I decided the best way forward was to start from a clean slate, and so let all their contracts expire except a exceptional few who I felt were good enough and hungry enough to stay for my revival of the club. Along with the players, the backroom staff needed a white-wash, and so in came a new assistant, general coach, goalkeeping coahc and fitness coach. With this stable backroom I was ready to hit the big time!

By the end of the second season - my first whole season in charge, the team had gone from relegation being a strong likelihood, to gaining promotion and winning the league in the process (allbeit by a single point).

Now the real work begins!!!

I have now got the team into ligue 2, the equivilent of the English Coca-Cola Championship in hierarchy terms. However, this step up also means moving from semi-pro to professional status, and with it the additional financial burdens and pressure. Fail at this level and it could take years to recover!

I can now employ a full 9 coaches and 7 scouts, but do you guys think it is worth it, with the financial implications? I think I will keep my existing squad as I signed them mostly with this league in mind and feel they will be able to cope, at least for the first few seasons. I am aiming to look at becoming a youth developing team, and make money and progression that way.

Fantastic work their mate. Good luck in the new division.

As to your question, I reckon you don't really need that many staff for the time being and I would recommened establishing yourself into the division first. At the very least, money won't be much of an issue after a year in the higher level.

Speaking of which, I've completed my dealings for this year and we've signed 9 players altogether - all one frees and loans. This has significantly stregnthend my squad and their are some big names in their as well: Nicky Nicalou, formally of Arsenal; Alexander Kacaniklic, formally of Liverpool and Fabio Borini, formerly of Chelsea. This is at the price of being somewhat over the wage budget, but hopefully a good run in the domestic competitons will help aid with the loss.

Adam Connolly will carry on as captain from last year, even though this league just might be beyond him. He's a legend in my books - very consistant performer and has been with the club a while, so it's a natural choice.

One of my new signings, Adam Frampton, is the new vice-captain.

just unstalled football manager 09 Great game had lots of moments really nice

i unstalled it cause the more i play makes me more cant wait and more pain waiting for football manager 2010 so i need to unstall it and just wait for the new great fm10 !!!!!!

Archived