All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going fine, thanks. Had a good day at college today and have a day off tomorrow. I can finally have a lie in, thank god.

FM wise, I only recently started this new Arsenal save with the intention of developming my own personal tactic. I plan on using this tactic in FM10 provided that the match engine works in a similar fashion. I'm just in the process of testing it and making slight adjustments where necessary. It's going quite well, but needs some better teams to test against.

How about you?

Ahh cool.

Going well thanks mate sitting nicely in 7th can move up to 6th have 2 games in hand over bolton i have played 15 they have played 17. Have a good strong squad.

Green

Faubert Upson Tomkins Ilunga

Behrami Noble Parker Stanislas

Cole Hines

Cole is wanted by chelsea after hitting a good run of form also hines is doing well scoring some good goals. I nicked Jamie Edge from Arsenal which im pleased about hes really good for a 16 year old.

I take it you're using a user-created database then?

I don't even think Jamie Edge will be in FM10. Haven't heard about him since he signed and I don't think he's played for our youth team yet, although I haven't been following them much lately.

I've just signed Adam Vass, Renan and Patrick Vieira. Currently waiting for Vagner Love to sign for Madrid so that I can nick Higuain from them for a bargain price.

Yeah i downloaded the latest update so transfers like Etos at inter and that the latest transfers and that.

Hes fantastic prospect for a 16 year old and has done well. I play him in the odd cup games and if im winning comfortably in a league game i usually bring him on for 20 mins or something. Miles Addison from Derby has proved a fantastic buy.

Arsenal always sign Vieira on mine. Higuain fantastic player would love him to play for me.

Roy Hodgson has just been sacked!!

Only managed to beat Southend 3-1. We need to sharpen up in front of goal and hopefully Higuain can provide that for us. Eduardo's "Moves Into Channels" PPM is really annoying as he doesn't get into goal scoring positions. :\

Have been flying with Liverpool since taking them over at the start if season four. At the third time of asking Gokhan Inler finally signed for Sevilla in exchange for Alvaro Negredo, which I am very thankful for because he and Torres have struck up a fantastic partnership.

I'm currently in January, top of the Premier League, winning all but three of my games so far - all of which were draws. I'm also into the final of the Carling Cup where we will play Manchester United. We destroyed Arsenal in the semi finals 5-2, winning the first leg 4-0 at Anfield.

We are also though to the 4th round of the FA Cup and just about to play Sunderland away from home for a place in the 5th round. Qualification from the group stage of the Europa League was easy, winning all six of our group games, and we now face Schalke in the next round in February.

All in all, things are going rather brilliantly!

He's out for around three months thanks to the update. I'm stuck with van Persie, who's injury prone, Eduardo, who has picked two injuries already and Bendtner, who isn't quite as good. Could do with the extra strength in depth.

From doing work on tactic in Fifa 2010, to doing work on tactics with Arsenal on FM09... the work never stops :p

In other words, since I don't have college tomorrow I'll be playing tonight.

you got fifa 10 :O same here

Im back on fm not up til 9/10 tomorrow so have time to play.

Just finished my first season as west ham manager finished 7th very happy with that could of nicked 6th if i had not had a bad run of form at home.

Just waiting untill July transfer window opens then i can plan some buys of who can improve the squad to finish better then 7th hopefully in the next couple of seasons could challenge 4th. Thats a long way away at the moment but it could happen.

Good to have some company!!

Go for the league mate!

Im just trying to see who to sign, i signed Baines from Everton and thats been teh only buy so far not sure who else squad is pretty good at the moment. Collison has been pure class and hopefully he can kick on this season. Still a while till my first league game so wil give me time to look out for some bargins if i need any players now that sears is back i dont need a striker after selling ashton to blackburn

Tranquillo Barnetta is one of the best wingers I've ever used. He's two footed and can play right and left, so depending on your budget I'd strongly recommend him.

Budget is £1.43K and I'm £700 over the wage budget, so spending is pretty much out of the question. Our finances have improved quite a lot thanks to massively increased gate revunue (almost double average attendance from last year) so I reckon we'll get a fairly decent sized budget next year.

Well I can't think of anyone. Would be wise to save it, I suppose.

In three years, our finances have gone from £30,000 to £837,822. My squad is actually very good, I just need one or two real quality, high standard players that will propel us to the top. Of course I'm still not ruling out promotion. 16 games to go and all it will take is a decent run of results.

yeah well i offered a loan bid for tosic and obertan so hopefully one of them will join us, its just back up really i have faith in the squad i have now to challenge for 6th maybe higher.

Well im sure your do a good job will just have to be patient and do some smart signings ...not gone for any arsenal kids on loan ?

Most of the old Arsenal kids have now moved on to other clubs, seeing as its 2012 now. The only Arsenal kids I can get are regens and they aren't that good, unfortunately.

I did get Fabio Borini, the Chelsea lad, on a free at the start of the season though. He's been excellent for me.

Ah kk. Are frees your only option this season?

Just beat blackburn at home 4-1 in the first game of the season. Went 2 up but then of all people ashton pulled a goal back but my decision for him leaving was that he wasnt in my plans at the time and sears is now back from his loan spell i prefered him to ashton and sears made it 3-1 to justify my decision. Big season ahead now for sears.

Very good win there :thup:

Put it this way, in three years I have spent the grand total of £9,000 on one player. Everyone else has been on loan or on free and I've gone through over 20 players at least by now. Even with a tough year ahead of us, I haven't spent a single penny on players. All my transfer budget went into paying player wages.

Even if they do give me money, I'll try to avoid spending most of it as the club's financial position comes first. Our stadium is only 6000 capactiy, with around 25% of that seated so we aren't always guarenteed a full house. On average, we only fill up about a half of our stadium every week. Most of our outs are free transfers as well.

So cash is tight for a few years.

And gah, I just drew 0-0 with Hartlepool after complete out-classing them.

We're 35 games in, I think. It's been hot and cold for a while - win some, lose some, draw here and there. We won't get relegated, which is good news, but promotion seems a bit too out of our reach so the team is just seeing out the season now. We've got some tough games coming up as well. If we get the results needed to make the play offs, then fantasitc. If not, then it's not too much of a problem.

46 games altogether - not including cup games. Seeing as how it's such a long season, I often holiday a few matches just to speed things up a bit.

Tosic for £6M is a steal. He's often rated as a very good player for me whenever I'm Arsenal (by Steve Rolwey, 20/20 scout) so for a side pushing for a top 6 finish he's a very good signing.

Wow that is alot must take alot out of the squad aswell i find 38 games including cup games a struggle!

Yeah i have often seen him about on my games but never really looked at him in detail, he can play on the right or the left so hes perfect and he also doesnt mind being on a contract status of rotation so its good. Just beat wigan 2-1 so 2 wins and 1 loss not bad and that loss was away at liverpool 2-1.

Getting pretty tired now mate im off.

Night.

May be on for quite some time.

Played the first season with Hoffenheim, then just after the start of the second season I quit in a blaze of glory. After some time Feyenoord gave me a job but I only lasted 65 days because, truth be told, I accepted the job by accident (I pressed the wrong button! :D).

It's close to the end of 09/10 and Zaragoza offered me a job with a transfer budget of £30,000,000. They are languishing in 16th place in the Liga BBVA with 12 games left. I accepted. Will let you know how I'm getting on.

Ah, unlucky mate. Did you beat Fiorentina at all? Becuase I'd hate to finish level on points but then lose out on the title thanks to my head to head results.

I just played this friendly and brought on Toulalan for the last 20 minutes. He scores three thirty yard screamers in a row, within the space of ten minutes.

Ah cool! I started a madrid game a few days ago as i had never tried it out on the update with all the superstars and i rarely do games where im an actual class team!

How is yours going ? And who are you ?

And Tom nice of someone else to contribute aswell is good company :)

I shall give the update a read i dont mind about the long read.

Managed to get £6million for Santa Cruz which was a pretty good deal considering he was in the last year of his contract. Also got £30million for Aquilani, and £20million for Daniel Schwaab. :D

It's a bit sad really, I'm at the start of July and dont really need to bring in anyone. :(

Archived