All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

There probably is, but I'm over the wage budget and I already have to pay £250K a month paying back a loan.

I'm signing United's Sam Hewson on a season long loan to add some numbers.

Also drew Sunderland away in the League Cup. Hopefully I won't get thrashed.

Walsall away next.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try looking in the Good Player and Team Guide forum Cullen93. Might be a few threads in there that might help.

I can't remember how many loans, tbh. I'm not even sure if there's a limit. In any case, I have 4 players on loan enough. Should be sufficient.

any seen the new feature with arranging friendlys on FM10, it gives u all teams that will accept your friendly so if you are a smaller team you can set up matches to make about 100k in pre-season...ive got aberdeen, tottenham, flumienses (sp?), west ham and some russian team ive forgotten the name of. I think its quite a useful little change!

It won't last mate, my next match is the Premiership curtain-raiser against Man United at Old Trafford.

We've blitzed all our opposition in pre-season, including a 5-0 thumping of Parma. I'm willing to bet my bubble is about to be burst by something along the lines of:

"Do Man City have a right to feel aggrieved there?"

You know? I 'dodgy' (clearly) offside goal or some such nonsense. :mad:

Sure, why not? Of course educational commitments will prevent from doing an all nighter every night, but weekends and days off I'll be here.

Now for some reason, I can't seem to get into an Arsena save on FM10 :(. On the other hand, I'm loving playing as Southend. It'd odd.

Barnard's my most impressive so far. He played for me for six years in my FM09 Southend save - all the way to the Premiership where Ken Fagerberg eventually replaced him (beast in his own right).

But blimey, that's a hell of a record for a midfielder.

It's hell trying to decide which role is best for Fabregas. He's good at defence and attack, and has the stamina to perform both so keeping him as a regular Centre Midfielder seems good, but he can also be a Deep-Lying Playmaker and an Advanced Playmaker... and could do well as a Box-to-Box midfielder as well. It's quite annoying.

I can't play with one up front. Has to be two.

I had a partnership of Eduardo-Vela and Vela-Saivet, all similar strikers, and both yeilded 50 goals+ (although Vela was God). With Southend, a slightly similar partnership of Lewondowski and Fagerberg also produced a fair few goals. I see where you're coming from, though, since it doesn't seem right to me either playing Vela and Eduardo at the same time.

This Bristol Rovers side is being very stubborn.

Turns out I lost to Rovers. Oddly enough, the defence played excellently and the attack was *****. Yet what stumped was that in the fans reaction report, it read "Lee Barnard bore must of the critisicm, and most believe that Dougie Freedman should have played instead."

This is the same Lee Barnard who had 18 goals in 19 games and the same Dougie Freedman who has yet to score in 3 games. Makes sense...

I think Jo and Vaughan would be your big man strikers, so one of those with the Yak, Anichebe and Saha would work I think. Yakubu is well rounded enough to play alone to good effect though.

Route one football would work well with Everton. Lots of heading ability.

I've actually decided to base my tactics around my team this time and have adopted a more physical approach with Southend, since they have a very strong and gritty midfield.

Hey guys, long term reader of this thread, but I am a first time poster, thinking of an all-nighter tongith on FM, probably my last one before FM10 comes out.

I am playing as AD Fafe in the Portuguese Liga Sagres, the year is 2029, and I am just heading towards the start of my 30th year in charge. Our All-time top goalscorer is about to leave after over 400 games and 241 goals, now I am attempting to gain back my Liga Sagres title after dropping to fourth in the last season. (My game has Portugal only loaded)

Good to have someone else on board :thup:

Out of curiosity, are you doing a European variation of dafuge's challenge?

ffs, my defence is shocking for some reason. Tieing 1-1 with Yeovil and then they decide to leave their striker completely unmarked for him to score the winner. And Barnard was shocking. Two losses in a row now :/

Archived