All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

Now that you mentioned Benzema, he's snatched by Inter, which is a funny story in my save.

Season before i came to italy, they won the championship by a margin of 3-6 points (cant remember correctly), under the command of mister Paulo Bento.

This season, with no big changes (only major change was me snatching their left winger Cristian Rodriguez), they did so bad in the championship, that by the end of 12 games they were in 10th.

Played me, beat them 1-0, and Bento was shown the little door xD

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well there was a well known bug on a previous incarnation where the team morale used to change when saving, wonder if it's still hiding there...

I've had that happen to me many a time too. It's annoying but i then again its probably just bad luck compared to it being an actual bug.

I am in year 2022. It was my first ever 09 save.

I went from 10 years spent at Man City winning numerous trophies.

Spent 2 seasons at St.Johnstone, finishing 7th and 1st but resigned due to lack of funds.

Spent 1 season at Wigan and finished their highest ever position, 5th and resigned.

I am now at Juventus as they were struggling and they gave me £105m to spend.

I am in year 2022. It was my first ever 09 save.

I went from 10 years spent at Man City winning numerous trophies.

Spent 2 seasons at St.Johnstone, finishing 7th and 1st but resigned due to lack of funds.

Spent 1 season at Wigan and finished their highest ever position, 5th and resigned.

I am now at Juventus as they were struggling and they gave me £105m to spend.

Do you intend on managing Celtic at some point?

Well I beat Forest... going to go to bed anyway.

Later Grecian

That's fair enough, i don't really enjoy managing the team i support (Spurs) because i tend to do alot better than in real-life which i find kind of depressing!

Anyway thats me done for the night too, just drew 1-1 to Betis away. 26 shots for me, 1 for them - rubbish way to finish :thdn:

Yes I am and it's December 2020 :p.

I'm another Halesowenian but I've never managed Halesowen in game! I always keep my eye out for them as I'd love to give it a shot but sadly I never see them promoted or managerless.

Good luck anyway mate. :)

Take a look at this thread. Basically, you go on holiday for a day under a season and save the game. Then you continue that one day until new teams are promoted to the BSN/S and you take over one of the clubs. The reason for saving the day before is so that you can reload until you get a team that you want - in my case, Halesowen.

Little recap from last night:

.Got the italian cup against Genoa, nice but not really the objective.

.Got the ECL 1-0 against Valencia, enjoyed this one ;)

.Lost the Serie A to Roma by one point (84 them, 83 me), this is going to bother me for a while

Meanwhile, got hired for the Argentina job, after Maradona won the World Cup. Won the American Gold Cup.

As soon as I won it, Brasil came knocking. Since they were 16th in the world ranking, I accepted the challenge. (I think argentinians hate me now xD)

As usual, right?

Not every season is so great; I've had bleak spells at times. Still don't understand how I'm not bored. :D

My new stadium is becoming a fortress already; team are playing brilliantly at home. Won 24 of my first 26 League games there, conceding only 6 goals and scoring 77. :D

Unbeaten there so far in all matches I think, and a few weeks ago had my biggest ever win, 11-0 over Zenit, beating my previous record.. of 10-0.. vs Zenit. :D:p

Fantastic. Here's hoping I can get Southend that far, or at least to the Premiership. We just got promoted, so the first step of many I guess.

Poor old Zenit...

Good luck. :)

It's nice having that kind of game; every attack seems to result in a goal. :D

At the moment my main aim is to use my academy players as much as possible. Have three players who came from my academy in my first team at present, all of whom are England internationals too.*

*Actually one is in the squad but uncapped. All three players I sold and bought back, although using buy-back clauses on at least one; and seeing their progress has inspired me to focus more on nuturing others. :)

Being Arsenal for so long, developing youth has become one of my top priorities for any team. Even now, as Southend, I have four of five youngsters playing for the first team. They had a young sqaud anyway - average age of 22.2 or something like that.

I'm starting to construct my shopping list. Once all the loans finish, I'm going to very thin at the back unless, by some miracle, I can get Dervite and Bartley on permanent deals.

I'll also be losing two strikers, one because of expired loan and the other because of expired contract.

My midfield is actually quite packed. Definitely need to lighten it up a bit. I think there'll be a few interesting freebies as wel. All in all, I'm looking forward to the transfer window.

I just got an email saying that I could leave Southend. Unthinkable!

Archived