PPMs for exact player roles

I'm sure most of you try some PPMs for certain positions, and maybe have come to a default for some possitions? E.g. which PPMs are best for crossing and assisting winger, and which ones for cutting in and scoring; and so on...

I mostly tinkered with striker PPMs'. The most useful PPMs for a striker with good finishing and composure are "Place shots" and "Lob the keeper", while for the big strong striker I found "Shoots with power" better.

Please, share if you have found some good working compositions.

• 11 months later...
well, i accept it wont be cut and dry for a generic striker, but clearly there are different types. Ie target man, fast pacey, creative etc.

We can just identify them like that

Strikers -

Targetman - plays with back to goal

Fast striker - beat offside trap, moves into channels

Creative foward - comes deep to get ball, run with ball through centre?

Wingers -

traditional wingers -run with ball left/right

Winger-Fowards/playmarker - cuts inside, run with ball often, tries killer balls? place shots? shoots with power?

Midfielders -

AMC- runs with ball through centre, tries killer balls

MC(a) - comes deep to get ball/get foward whenever possible, tries killer balls

MC(ball winner) - marks opponent tightly, plays short simple passes

DM (anchor) - marks opponent tightly, plays short simple passes, stays back

DM (playmaker) - comes deep to get ball, tries killer balls, tries long range passes?

Defenders -

DC - marks opponent tightly

DL/R - get foward whenever possible, run with ball left/right?

These are PPM's that I want my players to have in these roles and duties. I play 4-4-2 with AMR & AML. May philospohy is Balanced/Rigid/Fluid. So, I want my players to have these PPM's as I think they are suited for these roles and duties.

Defenders:

GK: /

DR/L: Full-back (Duty: Automatic): Runs With Ball Down Right/Left, Gets Forward Whenever Possible, Dives Into Tackles, Possesses Long Flat Bullet Throw.

Ball-Playing Defender: Tries Killer Balls Often, Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble, Does Not Dives Into Tackles, Marks Opponent Tightly.

Limited Defender: Plays No Through Balls, Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble, Does Not Dives Into Tackles, Runs With Ball Rarely, Marks Opponent Tightly.

Central Defender: Plays Short Simple Passes, Plays No Through Balls, Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble, Does Not Dives Into Tackles, Runs With Ball Rarely, Marks Opponent Tightly.

Midfielders:

MCd: Central Midfielder (Defend): Runs With Ball Through Centre, Plays Short Simple Passes, Plays No Through Balls, Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble, Dives Into Tackles, Comes Deep To Get The Ball.

MCa: Central Midfielder (Support): Runs With Ball Through Centre, Tries Killer Balls Often, Looks For Pass Rather Than Attempting To Score.

MCd: Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend): To sam as Central Midfielder (Defend).

MCa: Advanced Playmaker (Support): The same as Central Midfielder (Support).

AMR/L: Winger (Attack): Runs With Ball Down Right/Left, Gets Forward Whenever Possible, Runs With Ball Often, Hugs line.

AMR/L: Inside Forward (Atack) or (Support): Gets Forward Whenever Possible, Runs With Ball Often, Shoots From Distance, Cuts Inside, Tries Killer Balls Often.

AMR/L: Defensive Winger (Attack) or (Support): Runs With Ball Down Right/Left, Gets Forward Whenever Possible, Runs With Ball Often, Hugs line, Dives Into Tackles.

Strikers:

ST: Deep-Lying Forward (Attack) or (Support): Comes Deep To Get The BAll, Plays With Back To Goal.

Advanced Forward: Moves Into Channels, Likes To Try To Beat Offside Trap.

Complete Forward (Attack) or (Support): Moves Into Channels.

Defensive Forward (Attack) ot (Support): Dives Into Tackles, Comes Deep To Get The Ball.

Cheers.

Archived