Who is the next Z Zidane?

Haha, I never knew about Madin! How insane in this 7 year old Algerian?

... It get's better and better so watch the whole thing! :D

Here's an article...

Six-year-old Madin Mohammed has been tipped to become the new Zinedine Zidane after he attracted the attention of top level talent scouts with his soccer skills.

The youngster, whose quick moves and skillfull ball control are reminiscent of the former French midfielder, has already been signed up to a scholarship by the national football association in France.

Video clips of his performances have already become a hit on the internet, attracting hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube.

Chelsea and Real Madrid are among the clubs said to be keeping tabs on his progress.

The boy's family moved to France from Algeria when he was three, while French soccer legend Zidane was born in France to Algerian parents.

Christian Lazaoui, president of Roubaix, Madin's local club, told The Sun: "He has an amazing talent. He plays every day and has a great passion for football. "He can cross the ball, control it, swerve, pass between the legs – he is spectacular with the ball... he really is magic with it."

The internet footage has been shown on French national television.

Scouting for talent has been an increasingly important part the future financial success of Europe's top level football clubs ever since Sir Matt Busby's young Manchester United side won acclaim in the 1950s.

David Beckham attended one of Bobby Charlton's football schools in Manchester while fellow England player Theo Walcott played his first professional game for Southampton at the age of 16.

skillfull .. yes...

but did you see him make one pass in that video?

and how many times did you see him almost lose the ball only for the next clip to come on instead of us seeing it..

problem being.. there have been a thousand players as skillfull as that lad.. and only a handful actually get anywhere near pro footie... see:freddy adu etc

a few years will tell us whether he has the mental strength to use his skills in the right way...

poor kid, this early exposure's going to mean he's nearly definitely going to end up burning out early, shame because he's seemingly quick on the turn for the 6 year old, obviously not productive with the ball at all but then he is only six years old...

you cannot compare ronaldo with zidane, they play in diferent positions and have diferent style of play. newb

Shows how much you know, newb. Have you ever heard of Paul Scholes, the Man United striker? I don't usually respond to complete idiots but I have a problem with my temper.

Name one player that is not George Best that can compare to those two in terms of ball control. I'll be here for the forseeable future.

Shows how much you know, newb. Have you ever heard of Paul Scholes, the Man United striker? I don't usually respond to complete idiots but I have a problem with my temper.

Name one player that is not George Best that can compare to those two in terms of ball control. I'll be here for the forseeable future.

I always thought Paul Scholes was a midfielder tbh. ;)

berbatov comes close in terms of his touch, but he can't waltz THROUGH teams like zidane or ronaldo could. messi has a phenomenal touch but his stature limits him to going 'around' teams than through but i think ronaldinho at his prime when he refused to get tackled a la PSG/first 2 seasons at barca, is about the same level as ronaldo of mid-nineties and zidane of...forever. thing about zidane is as insane as his ability was, his mind was a minute ahead of literally everyone, as you've mentioned previously. genuinely a glorious footballer.

and for all who say zidane 'can't head' :

there's a few in this that show otherwise. i've never said he was world class with his head, but he definitely could. world class in literally everything else an offensive midfielder would need to be though.

berbatov comes close in terms of his touch, but he can't waltz THROUGH teams like zidane or ronaldo could. messi has a phenomenal touch but his stature limits him to going 'around' teams than through but i think ronaldinho at his prime when he refused to get tackled a la PSG/first 2 seasons at barca, is about the same level as ronaldo of mid-nineties and zidane of...forever. thing about zidane is as insane as his ability was, his mind was a minute ahead of literally everyone, as you've mentioned previously. genuinely a glorious footballer.

I did a quick search for Anticipation, Balance, Dribbling, First Touch, Technique in my database and the guy at the top for those stats was Aliaksandr Hleb with all at around 17. From what I remember of Hleb at Arsenal that is a good shout in terms of playing style and strengths, but he is nowhere near what Zidane had. When you talk about the ability to control a football, and use your own body as the tool to control a football I don't think you can compare Zidane to anyone under match conditions. I think the pace and agility of players like Ronaldhino, Best, Maradonna and Ronaldo was a vital tool in beating players that magnified their ability to control a football, whereas when you watch Zidane it's like he is playing Chess.

No he wasn't, nor was he fast.

He dictated the tempo by technique, first touch, composure, vision, short dribbling, flair, exquisite passing,

cool and smoth like this :

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/08/truth.rumors.soccer/p1_zidane_0208.jpg

you have just looked at him and made this up haven't you. he was a great header and was faster than you may think. not walcott but was a very athletic player despite his old appearance. didnt dictate the tempo, being the attacking midfielder either.

I did a quick search for Anticipation, Balance, Dribbling, First Touch, Technique in my database and the guy at the top for those stats was Aliaksandr Hleb with all at around 17. From what I remember of Hleb at Arsenal that is a good shout in terms of playing style and strengths, but he is nowhere near what Zidane had. When you talk about the ability to control a football, and use your own body as the tool to control a football I don't think you can compare Zidane to anyone under match conditions. I think the pace and agility of players like Ronaldhino, Best, Maradonna and Ronaldo was a vital tool in beating players that magnified their ability to control a football, whereas when you watch Zidane it's like he is playing Chess.
i can't disagree with any of what you say here :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone used to play football manager back in the days of Zidane's glory? How was he as a player back then?

In the game of football manager, are there any players who resemble the great Algerian's playing style? I'd say 20 first touch, 18-20 dribbling, 18-20 technique 18-20 passing and 18-20 creativity

however you cant expect a player to have those stats as well as Zidane's height and size

he is the perfect footballer

any players in FM play like the great Zidane?

Zidan doesn't count

Why not search using the stats you have mentioned?

Size doesnt mean anything on the game but I doubt you can get someone who has those stats along with the strength that Zidane had. Closest to those stats is my regen but he wont be in your game lol.

lollis.th.jpg

I dont think there is anyone like Zidane in FM he was one of the true greats of the game no one plays like him.

Anyone used to play football manager back in the days of Zidane's glory? How was he as a player back then?

In the game of football manager, are there any players who resemble the great Algerian's playing style? I'd say 20 first touch, 18-20 dribbling, 18-20 technique 18-20 passing and 18-20 creativity

however you cant expect a player to have those stats as well as Zidane's height and size

he is the perfect footballer

any players in FM play like the great Zidane?

Zidan doesn't count

Don't forget balance 19-20, technique 20, and first touch 20. (Really, a 21 would have to be added to the game just for Zidane's first touch.)

Archived