Explain this

I started a new season with arsenal and started using the wenger tactic from this site.

I do well unbeaten and even beat chelsea up to about the 6th game of the season, the game then switched off asnd lost everything.

Only conceded 1 goal but only scored ten where as in champions league scored about 10 in 3 games.

Anyway the rice feedback rarley said too many long shots.

Now i restart again same tactic and the gameplay is now poor, and too many long shots.

Try to tell me there isnt a fault in this game.

Who do i call for a damn refund please. Of all the fms its the only one you cant pirate and its also the worst, goes to show si only thinking of money instead of making a great game, 3 damn patches and still worthless.

Also, I think he only miss-spelt two words in his rant, missing apostrophes excluded. Bad grammar, certainly, but even attacking that won't undermine a solid, logical argument. Just a shame he didn't have one...

Here's what happens when...

1) You've actually decided to buy the game this year instead of downloading an illegal version.

2) You're not happy with it and demand a refund, since it's the first time you've paid for it.

3) Download someone else's tactic, then when it doesn't work, blame SI for making a bad game, blah, blah...

4) Complain about it in the Tactics Forum, as if people will really be interested or actually care - not to mention take the mickey...

Actually ive purchased all the versions of Football manager since 2005.

Wow i mispell two words because i type fast and didnt proof read...shock horror.

Funny how nobody can mak an argument against everything ive written.

Just to add, it wasnt somebody elses tactic, its the wenger tactic from tacgrabber, YES, the onecreated by the FM con artists. Regardless, every other tactic ive used and made brings the same random outcome each time.

Another thing, its not that im losing, im still beating teams well but i cant stand how inconsistent the ME is with long shots and poor ratings.

Strange...how did I manage to win 3 competition in first season with Spur using my own self modified tactic then if the game is so poorly designed..

You know you cant just depend on 1 tactic alone and leave it there during the match and expect to win every game right ? and are you even using the right player for those tactic as well ? Did you allow the player to gel well together before saying its the game fault?

Sure I have seen some really screwed up match where it is just hopeless despite all the tactic change I try, but most of it is well balanced and actually make sense.

Another note, take note of the weather and field as well when planning tactic..some tactic is completely owned in say..rainy day, where you will have make some changes here and there.

Grabbing someones tactic (no matter who created it) and applying it without adjustments is like asking for trouble (or randomness if you will). You either have to have players that are fit for the tactic or adjust the tactic to suit the players. The long shot "issue" is NOT a ME flaw. It's just an indication that your players cannot find their way to score under given instructions AND your man management. Simple as that. If your team doesn't manage to score early in the game, your palyers get nervous and you see those long shots. Btw, excellent picture of real life. Poor ratings... Did you check why a player is rated poorly? Not only his stats (which give a good picture but not a complete one).

Here's what happens when...

1) You've actually decided to buy the game this year instead of downloading an illegal version.

2) You're not happy with it and demand a refund, since it's the first time you've paid for it.

3) Download someone else's tactic, then when it doesn't work, blame SI for making a bad game, blah, blah...

4) Complain about it in the Tactics Forum, as if people will really be interested or actually care - not to mention take the mickey...

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is so damned funny. I am crying with laughter. Its so fake, but soooooo funny. the first penalty miss is hilarious

Again, its not about winning games, i have zero problem in that area at all.

Its the stupid and inconsistent ME which shows my team have 30 shots per game and boring football.

I couldnt care less if i beat Man uts 5-0 or lost 5-0 as long as i saw my team play the way they are set up to play. I can beat united and get zero satisfaction if i see 3 long shots fly in and in the remainder of the game see no fluid passing and constant off target shots. Very annoying.

The game cannot register its tactics into visual form and its very, very annoying. You would think i set my team up to play like bolton even though its the total opposite.

I honestly believe the guys from SI have really not given any thought into the game, instead focusing on making the game un piratable.

You can try all the formations you want, its always the same outcome, long shots, crosses and corner goals THATS IT.

Dude, you are soooooo wrong. I cant tell from your posts that you are playing way to attacking football and probably to fast too.

Dude, you are soooooo wrong. I can tell from your posts that you are playing way to attacking football and probably to fast too.

Of course, he is. Wenger's tactic has team mentality 18, creative freedom 19, and tempo 18. All you can expect from it is shooting from your own area.

Ive lowered the strikers mentalities and the CMs to Normal.

Creative freedom down too.

So i tested again, worked well no more long shots.

Now reloaded and started again once again "we are taking too many long shots"

broken game end of story.

Also the attacking mentality means an individual going for goal from all my experiments which really makes zero sence.

This shouldnt make a difference as in reality asenal, barca and united and most entertaining top teams

play fast attacking football.

Seriously, your one dimensional posting is becoming really, really tiresome. There are plenty of threads on this forum that provide constructive advice that you can read in order to gain a better understanding of the game.

Now reloaded and started again once again "we are taking too many long shots"

I would kind of agree with this one, seems to me the game takes if it is not point-blank shot then it is a long shot. :cool:

Still, mate, that does not stand in your way of winning games :D

Ive lowered the strikers mentalities and the CMs to Normal.

What's the problem? Through it away and never touch again. Save your nerve.

Also the attacking mentality means an individual going for goal from all my experiments which really makes zero sence.

This shouldnt make a difference as in reality asenal, barca and united and most entertaining top teams

play fast attacking football.

Playing fast attacking football does not mean everybody has attacking mentality (I am talking real life). In fact, you can play very nice attacking football with quite defensive mentality. In FM it works the same way. Moreover, very attacking mentality makes zero sense to me as it reminds me kids football - everybody wants to play forward.

Oh and btw, who cares what ass.man says? To me he is there only to attend press conferences before unimportant matches and give me an idea about how well my team gelled. If you observe too many long shots - YOU have to fix it.

Thats my point i have fixed it. I then reloaded the game to play it to see if its officialy a good tactic and blam ,boring footie and long shots again, so frustrating.

Again i have to say to all the idiots saying i cant win games, WINNING IS EASY! The problem is the boring damn footie especially in the prem away from home.

Archived