Best strikers at heading crosses

Hello all. Let this be a topic to discuss and debate who the best players at various positions are at:

1. Making runs and getting open for crosses, and

2. Jumping up over the heads of even the best defenders like Terry and Mexes and Chiellini and heading those crosses into goal!

Also these players shouldn't be inept at finishing with the feet or anything.

Please submit your picks (and why) for...

x. Best FC/ST at getting open and heading crosses into goal

x. Best Left and Right wingers at getting open and heading balls into goal over defenders (wingers also need to have pace, dribbling, passing, creativity, finishing and crossing. If they have flair too that's good)

x. Best MC's at heading over big defenders. MC's still need to be good at the usual MC stuff though, ie passing, creativity, decisions, stamina, anticipation, first touch, finishing is very very important, and if they have good defensive attributes too that's an important plus

x. Best DR/DL or WBR/WBL at heading crosses, who can also cross themselves, finish, get up the pitch with the ball and finish.

Post away! Particularly regarding the best FC's, MR/ML's, and MC's!

And i want to be clear I don't advocate people talking about who they should buy in this thread. Because talking about who you want to buy should go in the buy and sell threads. This is just about who has the best attributes and performs the best and just discussion and education.

Clarifcation- Please post up to 5 players for each position in order of best to worst. Just one vote per position is kind of limiting to the people who are looking to discover new players in case they already know the one person you recommend per position then tehyre still left at a loss. So multiple opinions per position would be very helpful to the masses. Thanks!

x. Best FC/ST at getting open and heading crosses into goal

- HESKEY never fails to win headers

x. Best Left and Right wingers at getting open and heading balls into goal over defenders (wingers also need to have pace, dribbling, passing, creativity, finishing and crossing. If they have flair too that's good)

- BECKHAM on the right of the midfield is amazing at late running and heading goals

x. Best MC's at heading over big defenders. MC's still need to be good at the usual MC stuff though, ie passing, creativity, decisions, stamina, anticipation, first touch, finishing is very very important, and if they have good defensive attributes too that's an important.

- TIM CAHILL .. just like in real life

x. Best DR/DL or WBR/WBL at heading crosses, who can also cross themselves, finish, get up the pitch with the ball and finish.

-GRETNAR STEINSSON of bolton is jsut magical

i dont play with big teams... so my choices will be personal to me

Thanks. But for ST Heskey is really the best you can think of? I guess my best I ment that's available to most clubs,but still I want to hear the best overall and hten see if any are available for my prem side. Is Heskey really better than Cardozo though? And better than Toni, Probenyak, Drogba, whoever else...? And is Gretnar Steinsson better than Maggio at headers?

more more more! Dzeko has got average/low attributes in my game and Klaas-jan is at real madrid. Cardozo is cool but still he's south american and not really like, you know, the prototypical german or whichever hunk of muscle who can dominate in the air. Actully I dont know if thast true because ive never seen cardozo play in real life. He could be for all I know just when I think of south american players i think more flair and creativity whereas when I think of the prototypical aerial powers I think European hunks like Ramos or Mexes or whoever.

Back onto the specific topic though.

Say I'm playing Roma or Chelsea. At best based on the people who are normally mentioned as the best aerial strikers, if I have one I'll have a guy with great heading, great jumping, great strength, good bravery and okay to good aggression and determination, and poor anticipation and positioning. And that guy is going to have either Mexes or John Terry all over him all game.

But then you look at Mexes or Terry and you realize Mexes' heading is just as good if not better than Pogrebnyak or Cardozo, and his jumping is just as good if not better, and so is his strength, and his bravery and aggression and determination are most certainly if not all individually better, all better when added up. So Mexes or Terry are already better in the air just based on those attributes. But then you factor in that defenders like that almost always have very high positioning, which unless Im mistaken means they will get the best position under the ball which will further increase their chances of winning the header, plus they also have better anticiption so they can anticipate when to jump and where to go and everything.

So when you take that into account how Pogrebnyak and/or Cardozo are incapable of winning 50% of one on one headers between themselves and a top class defender, not to mention 70% or so which is the goal.

So Cardozo and Pogrebnyak just won't due. I need someone better. Who's out there that's better Who's my option?

There has gotta be someone out there for me. hehe. but seriously there has to be someone with high attributes in all of these categories or at least all but one or two.

Let's define high as between 15 and 20, and must be closer to 20 on the most important ones like heading, jumping, etc.

Anyway here. Please tell me if you know of any player that has almost all of these attributes.

High heading, high jumping, high strength, high off the ball, high determination, high bravery, high aggression, medium or better finishing, and medium-high decision making, and medium-high anticipation.

Also stats like natural fitness I think are important for these types of players, even though I dont really know what it means, or how it differs from stamina or strength or somewhere in between.

Cardozo is cool but still he's south american and not really like, you know, the prototypical german or whichever hunk of muscle who can dominate in the air..

Are you looking for a date or a new player haha xD

I can't recommend Cardozo enough. He's amazing. I suppose there's the obvious player like Adebayor, Gilardino, Santa Cruz, Cavani, Amauri, Bendtner, Gomis, Crouch, Hoarau, Pazzini, Borriello, Giginac, Laurito and Bianchi who are all above 6.0ft tall and good at jumping/heading aswell as having all the right attributes a striker needs.

BoyledShark22

If you’re looking for recommendations of a player that fits that mould, why don’t you just do a search in game (or using an editor) using those attributes and stats as a filter? This would give you a definitive answer rather than just opinion.

Archived