How can i change bottom bar colour into team colour (like titlebar)?

windybob73@yahoo.gr

Hello,

there are very beautiful skins for FM 2009 but none of them except Klasa automatically shows team colours into bottom bar like titlebar!

Something like these skins from FM 2008:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2008/graphics/downloads/5600/Untitled%20Skin

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2008/graphics/downloads/5484/Continue%20Skin%20v1

As i understand the bottom bar is called footer and i have to make some changes in footer.xml but i don't know how to make this.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

How to do that largely depends on what the skinner has already done with the skin, if you open the footer.xml file for the skin you want to edit with notepad (or similar program)

Then you need to locate the coding that calls the graphic you want to recolour, it should look something like this:

<widget class="picture" id="info" auto_size="vertical" file="interface/footer/bar" cached="true">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal,bottom" inset="0"/>

</widget>

You just need to make two modifications to that coding:

<widget class="picture" id="info" auto_size="vertical" file="interface/footer/bar" cached="true"
rthr="68"
>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bkcl" set_property="colr"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal,bottom" inset="0"/>

</widget>

The bkcl command in the attachment line tells the game to make the graphic the background colour, putting fcol will make it take the foreground (text) colour.

The rthr="68" coding adjusts the intensity of the colour, a lower number makes the graphic lighter, a higher number makes it darker.

If it doesn't turn out very well, you may need to edit the actual graphic to a plain colour, the location of the graphic in your skin_name/graphics folder will be referenced in the code, the above file is the bar graphic located in the skin_name/graphics/interface/footer folder.

After you have made those changes and saved the files, load the game turn the skin cache off and reload your skin and the footer should now recolour.

You can try changing the line to recolour the text from:

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="fcol" set_property="colr"/>

To:

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>

That should make the game change the text colour when it thinks they clash.

You can also try changing the text style to outlined.

You can also try modifing the lightness/darkness of the background modifying the rthr="68" code that is located at the end of the line used to call the graphic. A lower number makes the graphic lighter, a higher number makes it darker.

Archived