A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

Update with the attached version on demo 2008> Chose Blackburn to play with just finished demo. I took the squad as is and did not buy or bring in any players on loan. Sitting in 2nd place 3 points behind Arsenal. Good news is that my reserves are sitting top ahead by 6 points and the u-18's are top ahead by 9. Will try it now either with Man Utd or Raith Rovers.

http://www.uploadfilego.com/download.php?file=692d982a2022d6ed490b7fe366146060

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/jna007/Picture1.png

These links are for FM2007 not the demo. Did you mean that you just used the above tactic unchanged for the demo with blackburn?

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NICOLINO:

it's good for fm 08?

We have to wait for the first patch to see if this one can work. Until then it is FM07 for all it is worth!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i cant second that enough sunny! just got a really good game going with blackburn im in my 3rd seaon after two finishes of 13th at the moment im 4th after 22 games my fwd's are vela(left st) iversen and falcao(right st)!! im so into this now it's also the first time iv'e used team talks and f*** me they are the business! most matches i wish luck before kick off then take it from there thanks so much andysafc and co for my renewed interest in the game. wish i hadnt' placed my order for fm08 now icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by glynnbob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NICOLINO:

it's good for fm 08?

We have to wait for the first patch to see if this one can work. Until then it is FM07 for all it is worth!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i cant second that enough sunny! just got a really good game going with blackburn im in my 3rd seaon after two finishes of 13th at the moment im 4th after 22 games my fwd's are vela(left st) iversen and falcao(right st)!! im so into this now it's also the first time iv'e used team talks and f*** me they are the business! most matches i wish luck before kick off then take it from there thanks so much andysafc and co for my renewed interest in the game. wish i hadnt' placed my order for fm08 now icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very happy for you, glynnbob!

I think everybody who tries and loves this tactic will buy FM08 but they wont play until the first patch is released and they fix the Closing Down issue!

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glynnbob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

it's good for fm 08?

We have to wait for the first patch to see if this one can work. Until then it is FM07 for all it is worth!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i cant second that enough sunny! just got a really good game going with blackburn im in my 3rd seaon after two finishes of 13th at the moment im 4th after 22 games my fwd's are vela(left st) iversen and falcao(right st)!! im so into this now it's also the first time iv'e used team talks and f*** me they are the business! most matches i wish luck before kick off then take it from there thanks so much andysafc and co for my renewed interest in the game. wish i hadnt' placed my order for fm08 now icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very happy for you, glynnbob!

I think everybody who tries and loves this tactic will buy FM08 but they wont play until the first patch is released and they fix the Closing Down issue! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>one tweak i have made is to increase mentality of my full backs by 3 notches towards normal. i must say they don't get exposed half as much for some reason?.iv'e also just scraped a 0-0 draw away to liverpool with my 35 yr old jerzy dudek in goal proving a point!!!

This tactic is just not working for me. Started as Wrexham and signed at least 8 players to meet the criteria needed for each position. played 30 games and lost 15 of them. Just cannot win at this game whatever i try, starting to think it's just impossible. I know i have signed loads of new players however i had no choice as the players who were there just did not meet the criteria needed. any help much appreciated.

Originally posted by PAGEY124:

This tactic is just not working for me. Started as Wrexham and signed at least 8 players to meet the criteria needed for each position. played 30 games and lost 15 of them. Just cannot win at this game whatever i try, starting to think it's just impossible. I know i have signed loads of new players however i had no choice as the players who were there just did not meet the criteria needed. any help much appreciated.

just stick with it mate may take two- seasons but it will click don't try to run before you can walk

Well I am loving my Yeading game so much right now. Ok so I am 1-1-1 in the Conference National, but they are rocking the grounds, I lost to a damn team when I was favourite, didn't realise til afterwards and then it was too late.

I am thinking about starting a fresh game and seeing if I can use this tactic without any squad changes...Just put the current players in the best positions for the the first season, cause even free transfers cost money...And with The Ding now at -250k I am getting into trouble money wise. Though slowly improving it may be 3 seasons in Conference before it gets me back to 0. Thie Tactic is clearly running the right game. Though having a Broken leg and torn thigh muscle to my two strikers doesn't help...

Also my targetted Training for each player is helping even more I now have at least 2 players good enough for my top team in every position.

Originally posted by PAGEY124:

started as wrexham my self, and i only signed two players who i had in my starting 11. all the others i signed was just depth.

But hang in there, it wil kick ass!!

Originally posted by glynnbob:

it's good for fm 08?

Correct: Currently using this exact tactic on the demo and it is doing good

Just an Update on my Barnet Teams' progress. We were sitting top just after christmas in season 1 by 3 points over Swindon.

Since then we stormed away with the League 2 to win the title by 20 points. Finished as such,

Pos:1st P:46 W:33 D:5 L:8 For:79 AG:25 GD:+54 PTS:104

Was forced to make some January changes as my loan FC was denied an extension by his club. Found a new young striker who was great and cheap, to chip in with 10 goals in 21 apps. But really it was my defence that was by far the best in the league.

Now 8 games into season 2 in League 1 , but have 2 games in hand of most of the league due to re-scheduling of some games. Currently sitting in 12th postion,

Pos:12th P:8 W:3 D:3 L:2 For:12 Ag:6 Pts:12

Only brought in 2 new 1st teamers, a DLC and new ST for the right side of the front 3. He's been very good along with my new guy from last season. Only concern has been the lack of form of my 2 target men? Only 1 goal and 2 assists between them in 8 league and 2 cup matches. They maybe are not up to this level. But the defence is holding up well!

But will persevere for now and keep you updated.

Originally posted by CelticWiseman:

Looks like you are doing well. I will give you a tip that worked for me. Someone in this thread said if you have 2 target men (one starting, one on bench) and replace at half time if he doesnt get a 7 or above, the one coming on will do really well. This genuinely works a treat.

Thanks for the tip Celticwiseman! How could I not from someone with that nom de plume icon14.gif

Have to admit, I've moved away from Andy's no-tweak tactic of late in season 2. Just was not getting any results from the forwards. Have moved the centre DC to a DMC as this is what I had available. Seems to have worked wonders!!! Basically everything else is the same though.

After hitting a really rough patch, knowing things just were not working anymore for my team, decided to alter things.

Now sit 2nd in the league, behind my bogey team, Scunthorpe, (darn you Billy Sharp and all your brethren!!) I'm pleased actually managed to beat Scunthorpe for the first time in many games, albeit in an FA cup fixture this time, (3-2 at home) Yes! Yes! Yes! oops, excuse me icon_rolleyes.gif Got carried away there for a moment. LOL.

But things improved with the new tactic, otherwise the same as Andy's except for moving the central centre back to a DMC position. No real change in instructions at all. I feel this may have more to do with my team rather than the tactic itself. Just suited me more with what I had available. Anyways, has led to a much improved run of form and now we sit 2nd on the League 1 table after 19 games, 5 pts behind Scumthorpe( no that is not a misspelling!! icon_razz.gif)

Pos:2nd P:19 W:10 D:5 L:4 For:33 AG:18 GD:+15 Pts:35

Yeah GB I made that tweak as well, watched a whole game and saw I was being dominated in the midfield so I moved the DC to DMC and the two outside strikers to wings with arrows to their old places, so they are as wide as they can go with diagonal arrows back to the st positions. This seems to be working brilliantly both as favourites and as underdogs. All the other instructions I have left the same for now...

Thanks for the tip Celticwiseman! How could I not from someone with that nom de plume

Have to admit, I've moved away from Andy's no-tweak tactic of late in season 2. Just was not getting any results from the forwards. Have moved the centre DC to a DMC as this is what I had available. Seems to have worked wonders!!! Basically everything else is the same though.

After hitting a really rough patch, knowing things just were not working anymore for my team, decided to alter things.

Now sit 2nd in the league, behind my bogey team, Scunthorpe, (darn you Billy Sharp and all your brethren!!) I'm pleased actually managed to beat Scunthorpe for the first time in many games, albeit in an FA cup fixture this time, (3-2 at home) Yes! Yes! Yes! oops, excuse me Got carried away there for a moment. LOL.

But things improved with the new tactic, otherwise the same as Andy's except for moving the central centre back to a DMC position. No real change in instructions at all. I feel this may have more to do with my team rather than the tactic itself. Just suited me more with what I had available. Anyways, has led to a much improved run of form and now we sit 2nd on the League 1 table after 19 games, 5 pts behind Scumthorpe( no that is not a misspelling!! )

Pos:2nd P:19 W:10 D:5 L:4 For:33 AG:18 GD:+15 Pts:35

I have also used the CD -> DM tweak occasionally. 5 defenders are a lot and can occasionally get caught short due to injuries and suspensions so i change to that.

ROCHADALE UPDATE...

Last season i used both the original and fav versions but this season i have stuck to the original a lot more. It has worked really well as Rochdale have been in the top 6 ALL season. We're about FEB/MAR now and auto promotion looks unlikely, but i deserve and expect to clinch a play off position.

GB68: I know i said "promotion winning tactic without tweaking" and i stand by that. But i didn't expect back to back promotions without tweaking. Sunny give me the confidence to try it and it is working for me. BUT it is right to change something when you get a bad performance or your TM is out - i do - but i always change back to the original again soon after. That is a game plan that has worked for me.

Gateshead Update

Stage 1: 07/08 - August 1st -> November 1st

League.......Play..Won..Draw..Lst..For..Agt..G.D..Pts

Nuneaton.......13...10....2....1...28....6..+22...32

Gateshead......13....9....3....1...27...13..+14...30

Gainsborough...13....8....2....3...24...12..+12...26

Barrow.........13....7....2....4...35...20..+15...23

Lancaster......13....6....5....2...26...16..+10...23

Worksop........13....7....2....4...20...12...+8...23

FA Cup

2nd Round Qual 3-2 vs Buxton

3rd Round Qual 2-0 vs Grantham

4th Round Qual 1-0 vs Blyth

1st Round TBP vs Northwich

Well with my slightly modified tactic I am doing very well considering I am using a team that was just promoted into the league this season. I wanted to post some star players as well, but being a tactics thread that is against the rules, so maybe not. Thanks Andy for the Tactic and Sunny for some suggestions and others for making me realise what I need to win.

I am a casual reader of this thread but long time user of the tactic, which has brought me some success in the time I have used it, but it hasnt got me the success that it has for some of you.

I am currently with Man City in 2032 and struggling in mid table of the Premiership, 2 seasons prior I was at Stoke and finished 4th, last season I could only manage 14th and was sacked. I would like to get my career back on track and get nearer the elusive Premiership title.

I have read a few posts which refer to a list of attributes best suited for each position, can some one repost them or direct me to a page in this rather lengthy thread. As I think that might be where I have been going wrong.

Thank you

Here is my list that seems to work very well.

GK - Communication, Handling, Reflexes, Jumping, Positioning

DC - Pace, Tackling, Heading

DR/DL - Pace, Positioning, Tackling, Anticipation

MC - Workrate, Passing, Tackling, Postioning

ST - Pace, Composure, Passing, Off the Ball

TM - Heading, Off the Ball, Jumping, Strength

Don't know how this matches to everyone else, but is working great for me...

Ok I have digested all that info and made my self a spreadsheet to look at the players and an average of the attributes for the positions.

I now have a question.

Would you play a player out of position if his attributes fitted a different position better than his proper one?

So if I had a DL who didnt have DC listed in his postion summary, but his attributes better suited DC could I play him there?

Well I do, but only in certain similar positions...AM->ST/FC DM->MC MR/ML->MC DR/DL<->DC

Anything else pretty much is almost a no go unless you can train them in the position and they are going to become good at it quickly.

Well I now am into February, on a run of 7 straight wins. And 14 points clear at the top of the table. Looking good for promotion so now is when I start looking through for who will still fit the tactic for next season and who I should just get rid of. Anyone over 30 better be top in their position or they are gone...So now my two full squads shall drop from 35 players to 22 before Mid-May/June and then in pre-season and early season I will build my 22 back up to a full 48 so can fill my reserves and Youth team as well. And As of August 1st I shall have 48 players who all fit the tactic.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Here is my list that seems to work very well.

GK - Communication, Handling, Reflexes, Jumping, Positioning

DC - Pace, Tackling, Heading

DR/DL - Pace, Positioning, Tackling, Anticipation

MC - Workrate, Passing, Tackling, Postioning

ST - Pace, Composure, Passing, Off the Ball

TM - Heading, Off the Ball, Jumping, Strength

Don't know how this matches to everyone else, but is working great for me...

Interesting...filtering with these attributes we get different players compared with Sunny's filtering@ page 14...

Can we get general concenzus on required attributes for this tactic. I'm compulsive perfectionist. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

I'm using Sunny's attributes for my players, I thought that was the one to go for. Although got to say its difficult so get decent Mcs with the kind of attributes Sunny listed with the money that my club are giving me to buy players with. Although I have picked up a few decent cheapo's from Italy and Holland.

A question for you guys while I'm here, although I have told my Fb and side strikers to aim for the targetman but most of the time the ball ends up over the top and onto the back post, does anybody else have this issue?

A question for you guys while I'm here, although I have told my Fb and side strikers to aim for the targetman but most of the time the ball ends up over the top and onto the back post, does anybody else have this issue?

Could that be caused by your FB's crossing ability? Having said that, i don't get many goals from my TM from there.

Still waiting for FM 08 here, so enjoying myself on 07 while I can, but as soon as I get it I will be working at a tweak on this tactic and keep going til I get it to work, I like the 5-3-2 bas even if mine is now 4-1-2-2-1 its still the same idea.

I wish it won all the time...No Innes it is not that simple, I have used it through 4 seasons in Lower Leagues, and I have slowly tweaked it to my own style. 3 Seasons with Yeading where I came 8th, 3rd (Promoted) and 17th (Barely survived) and now with Gateshead 1st (Instant promotion) So it is not always a promotion, but it works better than a lot of other tactics. And everyone can make it fit their own team as well...

Originally posted by innes:

i wouldnt find it very satisfying using a tactic that basically wins you promotion all the time icon_frown.gif

Not being funny , but this tactic has got a hell of a lot of people playing FM2007 again , myself included.

Also don't see why people need to keep posting pointless posts on threads

i wouldnt find it very satisfying using a tactic that basically wins you promotion all the time

This tactic will win nothing without some good man management. That is why some people fail and some people succeed and some people learn to succeed. It ia a great tactic to get you playing but success or failure is down to YOU!

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i wouldnt find it very satisfying using a tactic that basically wins you promotion all the time

This tactic will win nothing without some good man management. That is why some people fail and some people succeed and some people learn to succeed. It ia a great tactic to get you playing but success or failure is down to YOU! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY..............it gives you the foundation to start but in the end you cant win every game with that formation with any players you put in. You have to do your homework a little bit on the opponent, fitness, training etc but its a start......it got England to win the Euro 2008 and also got West Ham to 6th in the premier league.......good work.

Well Gateshead are heading into season two following their promotion, 4 friendlies, 2 wins, 2 draws. Best on a victory 2-1 over Bradford a League 1 team. Predicted to finish 14th, so I am thinking using the tactic I am aiming for top 6, and if luck goes my way too I will be in the playoffs and get promotion.

Guest simiain

Well, i've given it a try with my Chester team in FM2008 and am getting some mixed but fairly positive results. Managed to beat Tranmere in the League Cup and held Newcastle for 45 minutes in the next round.

Is the closing-down bug in 2008 likely to be sabotaging my efforts at this tactic?

I'm about 50/50 for wins/losses in the league, my redundant wingers are ****ed off but my strikers and defenders are pretty bloody happy. I'm not displeased and am looking forward to how the team does when its gotten a little more used to the tactic (only about 10 games so far)

MISSION TWO: COMPLETED!

finaltableed0.png] [/url]

Started off with only a £2,000 transfer budget and even i didn't really expect to complete a back to back promotion.

I was in the play offs all season but a huge 20 points behind the top 2 although always above 6th place. Finished inside the play offs with 3 games to spare so i told the players to 'relax and enjoy' in the teamtalk for those last 3 games. This made the morale sky high and the play off matches were a breeze through the park.

I have tried FM 08 on and off but i feel very disappointed with it. Yes there is the well known closing down bug, but is that all? I think not! I notice that sometimes when a player gets to the byline he cuts it back to my CD who is standing on the half way line. That CD is man marking their striker, guess what happens next? That has happened to me 3 times and i've only played it 'occassionally'.

The biggest problem is the 'Long Shots', even though i reduce my players to rarely they ignore me and do it anyway.

FM08 has it's faults and i very much doubt that the first patch will fix them. LONG LIVE FM 07. icon_razz.gif

Can this tactic be put into 08 without tweaking at all.

NO, NO, and again NO!

rolo: Not sure why it's not performing away. Do you do your own teamtalks? Telling them 'they can win this' works good in away games for me as it gives them a confidence boost.

After two consectutive promotions with Rochdale i've been offered the England job. I took it as it runs alongside my Rochdale game and others something new. Surely unrealistic though to be given the England job without ever managing 'stars', can't see that happening nowadays.

Originally posted by Ryan2829:

What tweaking needs to be done for 08 or is it still a no no.

As a player who has used this tactic with enormous sucsess, i dont think this will work until we have a patch.(maybe it will work, we dont know.....)

This tactic relies on good closing down and since there is a closing down bug in the fm 08 you cant use this tactic at the moment.

I have tried without sucsess although im just learning FM08 at the moment.

Archived