A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Sunny are you using the Beta Patch also?

Just confused as to why it started so badly, i think maybe it was caused by the big Liverpool defeat. Morale swings to much in this game and a result like that does have a big negative effect.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by andysafc:

Sunny are you using the Beta Patch also?

Just confused as to why it started so badly, i think maybe it was caused by the big Liverpool defeat. Morale swings to much in this game and a result like that does have a big negative effect.

Yes im using the beta patch, but it is with this as anything else. be patient and getting the right players

The full patch is out now, so i think it's best working with tactics designed for that. The errors in the previous patch were unworkable at times. Just take a look at the long list of issues fixed!

Maybe the original 5-2-3 could work again!!!!

Maybe the original 5-2-3 could work again!!!!

That would be ideal but although i haven't worked with the patch yet i get a feeling that it will not. Remember that SI don't want a one tactic situation as they deem it as realistic. They are intentionaaly trying to make the game so that you must tweak depending on the opposition. I really do believe that the days of non tweaking are of over. Of course you can use the same tactic un-tweaked but you'll not get the same level of success.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe the original 5-2-3 could work again!!!!

That would be ideal but although i haven't worked with the patch yet i get a feeling that it will not. Remember that SI don't want a one tactic situation as they deem it as realistic. They are intentionaaly trying to make the game so that you must tweak depending on the opposition. I really do believe that the days of non tweaking are of over. Of course you can use the same tactic un-tweaked but you'll not get the same level of success. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if you read many of the treads here, alot of them has sucsess with non-tweaking tactic.

On point that many have sucsess with is to have 3-4 people rush into attack as i did with the inncoming. I at least believe so.

Are any of you lads having any luck with tactics using the full patch?

I have stated that we will probably need to move on from the 'one tactic for every match' but to minimise tweaking i've developed a hame and away version.

I started a new season with Mansfield, Played 4, Won 3, Drew 1, Lost 0. Of course that is far to early to judge it but as it takes me awile to play i wondered if someone was up for testing it with me?

Are any of you lads having any luck with tactics using the full patch?

I have stated that we will probably need to move on from the 'one tactic for every match' but to minimise tweaking i've developed a hame and away version.

I started a new season with Mansfield, Played 4, Won 3, Drew 1, Lost 0. Of course that is far to early to judge it but as it takes me awile to play i wondered if someone was up for testing it with me?

Im playing with the last tactic ive sent you and in my third season in premiership im top of the table with coventry going into desember and no tweaking. Using the same tactic.

I have to play a little further before i put on some screenshots, but im getting confidence that it is possible with one tactic

Im playing with the last tactic ive sent you and in my third season in premiership im top of the table with coventry going into desember and no tweaking. Using the same tactic.

I have to play a little further before i put on some screenshots, but im getting confidence that it is possible with one tactic

If that's the case Sunny then i wouldn't touch the new patch. With results like that i don't think you need to change anything anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im playing with the last tactic ive sent you and in my third season in premiership im top of the table with coventry going into desember and no tweaking. Using the same tactic.

If that's the case Sunny then i wouldn't touch the new patch. With results like that i don't think you need to change anything anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im playing with the latest full patch, in case you wonder.

This tactic is superb and Andy SAFC i want to thank you mate. Im playing as Braintree in lower leagues having been just below mid table last season and having to ditch 8 players due to money probs im using this tactic and im now 2nd in the league (in my 2nd season) after 10 games having lost one and that on i should have won with chances/ possesion etc.

I think everyone should give it a go it has worked wonders for me Cheers Andy

Sunny - if your tactic is working upload so people can try it icon_smile.gif

I think i will wait until the end of my current season, but by the looks of it it works wonder ones you get the right players and getting them gelled.

Im now top of the EPL with coventry almost finished with january, so in excited about the finish.

I want to show you some results and squad and table so you can make you own concluscions.

Here are the table on 29 of january on 2011

coventrytable29january2je0.th.png]current table[/url]

Here are my results entire season so far:

coventryresultsuntilocttl3.th.png]Results until october[/url]

resultsuntildesemberit0.th.png]results until december[/url]

lastresultskb8.th.png]last results[/url]

Here you can see my current squad, not the best but togehter they are playing good fotball:

coventrycurrentsquadqy2.th.png]my current squad[/url]

And the best of all i havent tweaked it yet for the last 2 seasons.

Last season i ended up in a fourth place. So things are looking good.

General discussions indicate that tactics don't work after changing the patch, yet you tactic is uneffected. Is that because you didn't restart?

I noticed when i chose to start a new season it asks which version. When you load your game try looking at the menu for which version it is.

It saying "8.01 114310"

When i try to start new game only get the one option and that is the new patch. I have tried to start a new game, see what patch im using and im using the latest full patch.

But remember i have only played this with coventry for 2 and 1/10 season so the results are just proven with Coventry. I will try later with a LLM team.

Well here comes squeaky-bum time... in my second season at Sheffield Wednesday we've defied the odds all year, punched above our weight and are currently running third with a game to play in the championship.

The situation is I'm two points behind Plymouth after halting a run of poor form with a dramatic 3-1 victory at Birmingham in my most recent game. Two games left, QPR at home and Leicester away.

Plymouth have two toughies, playing Hull (5th) away and then Everton (1st) at home... fingers crossed I can get two wins from two and somehow, get myself promoted to the premier... craziness...

Update... beat QPR 3-1 and then a Helguson double off the bench secured a dramatic 2-0 win at Leicester... with Plymouth losing both their final games as I anticipated I'm now promoted... god knows how, and now I'm scared coz I either need the board to give me a truckload more money or for a big stroke of luck to have any hope of staying in the premiership... oh well, I'll enjoy it now before I have a Billy Davies-like experience in the new season... all I can say is this tactic is just awesome...

I would love to create a similar thing for 08 and keep this thread alive, it has helped so many and made me a legend to some. icon_wink.gif

But as i have stated i think it is harder to get long term success without tweaking.

Sunny has something working without tweaking so hopefully that can develope - i'll be happy for him to take my legendary status! Other people and myself have developed 'untweaked' tatics that has brought great success but i've never seen anything yet that lasts long term untweaked.

So i think the best bet is to work on a tactic with two versions, home/away, and hope that can last the distance. That is what i'm working on now.

Keep the faith and keep this thread alive!!!

I would love to create a similar thing for 08 and keep this thread alive, it has helped so many and made me a legend to some. icon_wink.gif

But as i have stated i think it is harder to get long term success without tweaking.

Sunny has something working without tweaking so hopefully that can develope - i'll be happy for him to take my legendary status! Other people and myself have developed 'untweaked' tatics that has brought great success but i've never seen anything yet that lasts long term untweaked.

So i think the best bet is to work on a tactic with two versions, home/away, and hope that can last the distance. That is what i'm working on now.

Keep the faith and keep this thread alive!!!

Hello Andy.

With 3 games to go i now have won the EPL with Coventry. And for the last two season i have played with no tweaks and it has ended up with a 4th place and a league win.

The question now is how it will fare in the LLM system and i think im going to try with a 2.div team or a conference team.

Later today i will put it out for download when my kids has been put to bed and well tucked in.

But with no tweaking for two years i think i have made some pretty good results. Remember also that i almost got relegation in my first season in the EPL.

With a few good fullbacks i think i might have a chance to fight in the CL also.

I will put out screenshots when im finished playing the season.

So heres how it went the last season:

coventrychampionsud2.th.png]Coventry Champions[/url]

And here is the squad who did it:

coventrychampionssquadut5.th.png]Coventry squad[/url]

Not the best squad in the world, but it got the job done. My lack of quality was the defence, thats why i conceeded a goal per game. Need to strengthen my defence before next season.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1233152

Here are the tactic.

Please give as constructice critiscim as possible.

GK: main atrribute - kicking.

Fullbacks: Crossing and pace are the main atts. you need to look for.

CB: pace + the main attributes that are important for a centreback.

Wingers: Not you typical wingers, but this will suit a Christiano Ronaldo who likes to come in the yard box and support the strikers. In my last season i had sucsess with Sebastian Leto on the left. Im still struggling to find the perfect one on the right side.

MC: I would say that here you need a hard working midfielder combined with either another one or a more "creative" one.

AMC: This is your typical "kaka". Compare your choice to him and you will see what atts. you need to look for. Rooney is also a type who will fit here as well as Sergio Aguero.

SC: Here you need to look for a target man with good pace. He will be the center for your attack. Depending on your league level, pace and accleration as important.

Good luck to you all.

Started using this one Sunny, just a couple of questions if you don't mind...

I'm playing with Leeds (1st season) and i'm doing well enough, jut one thing about defending.Have you (or anyone else) worked up any tweaks for being slightly tighter at the back...Example, i just beat Swansea 4-0 at home (who are top) but they had 20 shots on goal and 11 on target.

It's ok because i won, but am struggling a bit under pressure away from home. have tried a few things but wondered if any stabilising tweaks have been tested ?

Thanks

Originally posted by macca72:

Started using this one Sunny, just a couple of questions if you don't mind...

I'm playing with Leeds (1st season) and i'm doing well enough, jut one thing about defending.Have you (or anyone else) worked up any tweaks for being slightly tighter at the back...Example, i just beat Swansea 4-0 at home (who are top) but they had 20 shots on goal and 11 on target.

It's ok because i won, but am struggling a bit under pressure away from home. have tried a few things but wondered if any stabilising tweaks have been tested ?

Thanks

as i have mentioned before, this tactic will conceed goals, but as im scoring enough to win matches i havent tryed yet to tweak it defensively.

That is because im afraied to change what makes it good attacking.

For the two whole seasons i have used i have never conceeded under 1 goal a game all season.

But if you try and sucsceed, please let med know. Im very interested if anyone get get it more solid in the back.

One thing i know is that when you get better defenders and they get gelled in the team, you will get a more solid back four.

I am working with this tactic in the Coca Cola league 1 with Warsall and I have alot of games where I am up 2-0 after the first half and then lose 3-2, I moved the defenders all the way back and it hasnt helped. Not sure what is going on. I will keep messing around with it and see what I can do. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Good tactic , here's some rezults 2-2 away at Manchester , 6-1 gome to Blackburn , 4-0 away at Sundeland , 5-1 home to Portsmouth , 5-2 away at Sheffield icon_smile.gif) . I'm playing with Tottenham but I've made some tweeks : Dr/Dl - mixed forward runs and rarely long shots ; Dc's mentality to defensive , cross balls -rarely ; the less creative MC - rarely forward runs ; the more creative MC - mixed forward runs and mixed run with ball ; MR/ML - you can leave them the way they are or u can try ti switch forward runs to mixed ... oh yeah , and when I'm favourite to winning a match I play atacking..

Originally posted by razvan21:

..and when everything looks great and u think u have the world at ur feet , u see a game like this one http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6201/lolxq3.jpg

and u wanna delete this stupid game and throw the computer out the window :|

What do I have do to shoot more shots on target ?

You could lower the Creative freedom in team instructions, but im just leaving it as it is. I had that problem during my entire first season, but ones i got the right players to cooperate togehter i didnint see it as a problem

But yeah, ive had those matches.

I try to suck in my stomach and take a deeeeeeeep breath and play on.

Right lads... I have myself been working on a tactic(s) and after reading from other peoples threads, advice and complaints, i have come up with THREE tactics.

Why three? It's not really. They are named ATT, NORMAL and DEF and i would advise on the normal one being used most of the time even home AND away. Switch to the Att one only when you are confident of a win. It was designed with re-ranking in mind so hold onto it and there will come a point when you can use it.

The DEF one should be used in tough games or if you are getting overrun in any game.

Andysafc Defensive

Andysafc Normal

Andysafc Attacking

Start with Normal tactic is advised but changing to either tactic is easy as they all use the same formation just different settings.

ENJOY icon_smile.gif

i thought i would just say that i am using this tactic for fm 2008 i am reading and i am on fire just beaten liverpool 5-1 amazing stuff

The links on the last couple of pages were made for 08, can you please state which tactic you are using?

So firstly i want to say im still playing FM08 as a trial. Im trying to get THE good tactic that i dont have to tweak every match to get good results.

This one im proud of:

accringtonpromotionzr1.th.png]accrington promoted[/url]

This was a challenge as there was nearly 0 money to work with, but based on the previous tactic and my own ideas on how to play i came up with this:

accringtontacticag5.th.png]accrington tactic[/url]

And here are the team instructions:

accringtonteaminstructiri6.th.png]team instructions[/url]

I believe that this is a better formations than the last one, but i struggled with poor fullbacks and learning defenders. And also this is the first tactic that i have got promotion with any team, untweaked!

So, people what do you think. Is this something you would be interested in trying?

Archived