A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kenguruen:

Ahh... to bad... was really looking forward to this icon_biggrin.gif

But I guess you have your reasons.

You know, when you have a family and little kids it is not always easy to do what you want.

But i will put this up for download during this evening, because i have high hopes for this and i think the opportunities is high.

No playmakers, No target men, No freeroles.

The idea is inncoming players to overload the attack and multiple choices for one on ones.

Still struggling with my defence, but maybe it will be perfect with more feedback

So, here is the thing that i have been working on. Not sure if it is as good as andysafcs first original tactic, but it did the job for me in League 2 with Accrington. No tweaking.

GK:

A good goalie with good kicking.

FULLBACKS

I prefer wingbacks. You need pace and crossing and i like passing, because throughout the tactic it uses passing as a main attribute.

Defenders

Just basic qualities. And Passing. Your defenders is sometimes the key to a good counter attack with direct passing up to the midfielders and strikers.

Middle Midfielder

This one is defence minded. He is going to ly deep to secure counter attacks. It is hard to find a good guy here in LLM but a patience search will often pay off. For instence in my season in league 1 Ivan Campo is playing very well in that position.

Side Midfielders

These two has one reason and that is to join the strikers and make runs in the attack. They also make troughballs so passing and decision is vital attributes.

AMC

This one has a free role, a Kaka type if you will. My strikers and the amc is my top scorers at least in my league 2 campaign.

strikers

I prefer two quick ones. But it has paid of to have a good jumper on the bench and often play that jumper in difficult matches, in cups when you play big teams or the top ones in the league.

I think it is good to have a jumpers choice.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1252434

Sunny this tactic is not good... it is very good! To be fair i've only tried it for two games. Sunderland v Tottenham and Aston Villa v Sunderland.

I got more than 20 shots in each game, even the away one. We beat Tottenham 2-0 and won 3-1 at Villa.

My only critism would be the high amount of wasted long shots.

This seems to be the case with all tactics that are decent at creating chances. Seems to me to be a bit of a trade off between having creative freedom and creating chances and having wasted shots and lowering creative freedom and having less chances but less wasted long shots.

Will try this tactic. Im in Blue Square Premier with St. Albans halfway in 3rd season. First season Id get promoted, and second season Id just stayed clear of relegation. This season Ive just passed christmas and are just 3 points from relegation - so a good tactic is just what i need..

Hope this one does the job, Ill report back later

Originally posted by andysafc:

Sunny this tactic is not good... it is very good! To be fair i've only tried it for two games. Sunderland v Tottenham and Aston Villa v Sunderland.

I got more than 20 shots in each game, even the away one. We beat Tottenham 2-0 and won 3-1 at Villa.

My only critism would be the high amount of wasted long shots.

My problem too, but i guess we just have to live with it. Ive turned down all longshots for the entire midfield, but there are still a lot of long shots. Could turn down Creative Freedom, but that could ruin the amount of forward runs for the inncoming midfielders.

Right lads... I have myself been working on a tactic(s) and after reading from other peoples threads, advice and complaints, i have come up with THREE tactics.

Why three? It's not really. They are named ATT, NORMAL and DEF and i would advise on the normal one being used most of the time even home AND away. Switch to the Att one only when you are confident of a win. It was designed with re-ranking in mind so hold onto it and there will come a point when you can use it.

The DEF one should be used in tough games or if you are getting overrun in any game.

Andysafc Defensive

Andysafc Normal

Andysafc Attacking

Start with Normal tactic is advised but changing to either tactic is easy as they all use the same formation just different settings.

ENJOY icon_smile.gif

Are these tactics for fm07?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are these tactics for fm07?

No, you need to dig deeper in the thread for links to 07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good cos i was hoping you'd say that. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by skywats:

i dont want to prevoke the reaction "yea ok mate you have said enough" but i have just beaton liverpool 4-0 30 games played at im 3rd a game best for me. im scared could this really be it?

If you are having sucsess, we all love to hear about it. So just tell us mate!!

i am using the latest tactic on this page for reading. the players i have signed are. dudu cearense giles barnes sergey ignashevich mika aaritalo and he has performed that well in the amc role i am getting offers 0f 15 mil plus dont want him to go goal machine.

once again slow start to second season but starting to go well 3 wins in a row including 3-0 win over liverpool. signed claude makalele you may think bad signing i did but doing really well as mc. also signed a man called matias fernendaz put him in amc role thought a i was gonna lose aaritalo but didnt hes now a striker anyway the new amc also scoring shed loads must be the position.

Originally posted by skywats:

once again slow start to second season but starting to go well 3 wins in a row including 3-0 win over liverpool. signed claude makalele you may think bad signing i did but doing really well as mc. also signed a man called matias fernendaz put him in amc role thought a i was gonna lose aaritalo but didnt hes now a striker anyway the new amc also scoring shed loads must be the position.

This thread has previous been on the edge of being closed down because of people naming who they sign and who they have in their squad. So please stop mention that!!!

What we are trying to do here is to create a tactic about no-tweak tactic that works several consecutive seasons.

So no name listings!

icon_cool.gif

icon14.gif

Originally posted by Kenguruen:

Sunny:

Been trying your tactic for some time now, but it's not working out for me...

Conceding lots of goals...this game is so frustrating right now.

Thats strange, i have now got promotion for a second time with accrington.

What is your main problem:

-do you have quick enough strikers

-do you have a good amc

-are your players good passers

With my team in the league 2 it wasnt until the end of the season that they played well and got some good wins. And now in the League 1 i see the results of blending and sticking to the tactic.

One little tip is that i have more sucsess when my pitch is at the widest and longest, at least it did for my last season.

I will put up screenshots later today.

As promised im telling you my progress as im moving on. And i managed to get promotion again:

tableleague1pi9.th.png]pormotion from league 1[/url]

I have also made som minor adjustments on the tactic to try and conceed fewer goals and i think it has helped a little bit. I adjusted on with and d-line and some of the player instrucions.

As i have mentioned before here are som tips:

-Try to have a pitched that is as wide as you can get. I did and i had a great home record.

-You should always have fast strikers also in the reserves. I experienced that in this last season.

-Crossing and pace is vital for your fullbacks, and stamina. They are the only ones who will come forward and make crosses into the box.

I have never been able to get promotions so quickley in the FM series before, som im really excited about this. Looks like i can make a trip to premier league in a season or two.

It's been a long time since I posted but new fatherhood and work commitments stopped me FMing. However, plugged away with tactic have won lower divisions in England, German league and cup double with lowly rated Nuremburg, Serie A with Lazio and various silverware with beloved Birmingham incl Ch League and EPL. Andy, Sunny, Paggioram, Celtic Wiseman thanks for tactic and advice - it's made FM fun again loads of goals and glory. Will stick to this as money for FM08 will have to go on nappies Keep Enjoying 5-2-3ers!

Originally posted by sunny:

As promised im telling you my progress as im moving on. And i managed to get promotion again:

tableleague1pi9.th.png]pormotion from league 1[/url]

I have also made som minor adjustments on the tactic to try and conceed fewer goals and i think it has helped a little bit. I adjusted on with and d-line and some of the player instrucions.

As i have mentioned before here are som tips:

-Try to have a pitched that is as wide as you can get. I did and i had a great home record.

-You should always have fast strikers also in the reserves. I experienced that in this last season.

-Crossing and pace is vital for your fullbacks, and stamina. They are the only ones who will come forward and make crosses into the box.

I have never been able to get promotions so quickley in the FM series before, som im really excited about this. Looks like i can make a trip to premier league in a season or two.

upload upload and again upload !

well finished 4th in my second season which is great for me. start off third season on fire maybe because i had my home pitch made large like you said to. would like to tell you about a couple of players that have craped all over there reports but cant great tactic

Ok m8, i am now gonna try this tactic as it would be great to find a tactic that works with 2 forwards. I am just going to troll my way through this thread and see what people have done to their tactics and what sort of players you recommend (pacy, heading,tackling etc).

Will post with my results soon.

Hi Sunny!

Thanks for a good 4-3-1-2 (FM2008) tactics! Been playing it for 1,5 season now and it has restored my faith in the game! Got promoted the first season to the Norwegian 1. division and with 5 games to go in my second season I'm heading for the play-offs - which is an stunning achievement as the media predicted me to finish 15 out of 16 teams! I will post some stats and upload some pictures in a couple of days.

I have however tweaked the tactics a little, turning down the creativity as my team consists of players rated between 4 and 10 in creativity. But, it still works! The shot/goal ratio is however poor but that's not because of the tactics I think - my forwards are just a bit slow.

Thank you Sunny - keep up the good work!

Archived