A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by andysafc:

Sunny: Please accept my apoligees again if you feel i'm not being active within this thread as much as i should be. I do monitor it daily but my enthusism for FM has dropped a lot and therefore i'm not as active in this discussion but more active in discussions of debates icon_wink.gif

As with any FM release i always choose to manage Sunderland and i lose interest quickly if they are not where i feel they should be early on. But i have since been wondering that with Sunderland starting the season with quite a lot of new signings (even though they are prevous to me starting) then maybe that will have an effect?

I know i should give it a minimum of 10 - 15 games but i quickly lose interest because i know by then i've already lost my own expectations for the new season as it becomes a relegation battle.

Maby that is deemed realistic but i don't get any enjoyment from that.

I understand what you say and i can relate to see some improvement in the first matches.

With Coventry when i first implemented these ideas i was struggling around 10-14 place a long time before fired up. And the reason was that Mifsud came back from injury. With acc and pace of 18 he was on fire and became top scorer in the championship.

With accrington it was i little bit more easy, because i then knew what players i was looking for. But i still didnt get the results i wanted, i was letting in to much goals.

When i came 4th in my first season in the EPL i tried to close a little bit in my defence. Lurking around with different settings and position i then found out that it was enough with one striker and i could use a midfielder and a defensive midfielder. And that seems to do the trick. Ive won two years in a row and are generating money and big names want to sign for me.

Wanted to give this an ultimate test and see if i could take Alfreton Town up the league system. So far so good, lying first with only victories, but not finished with august yet.

skywats

Are you sure you used the right players? A key for sucsess is the rigth AMC can turn things around when you are struggling to score. And a good MC can make a crucial through pass secure the match.

In the EPL i would advice you to have defenders with 16+ pace and acc. And some pace on your DMC could be an advantage.

OK Update with Luton and at last 2nd season with using this tactic I win the League One Title with only 3 defeats all season though i think i drew 19 games !!! but I would rather draw away games than lose them.....

So What did i change from previous season of using this tactic to get me promoted ? Well i invested in a very quick striker who when i watched the games was always breaking clear of the defenders and even if he did not score someone might get rebounds. I also made sure the AMC was very quick and often just put my 2nd quickest striker in there. I invested in a very quick centre back and in fact as he great header he scored 12 goals for the season from corners mostly and few penalties. Well done Sunny now the job with Luton is the Championship on a very low budget. I know i need better defenders as although quick it was VERY rare to get a clean sheet still and a quality GK. Will keep you informed still on progress, what it has done is raise my profile as manager so might have richer clubs come in for me now.....

Originally posted by skywats:

do you use amc or wingers or amrc in the wide positions?

i searche for offencive attackers with pace and crossing and i then usually come up with wingers.

They tend to have good finishing to so it should do the trick

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jinli:

Using everton, tactic work fine until i switch to a pacey striker and i got thrash by a weak team!, omg i think a all round'd striker will do the trick fine

Me, i dont care if i get beaten by a weak team. I got beaten by Derby one weak, or by charlton and then i took the scalp of Manure. If you use good teamtalks you will always bounce back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i also dun mind losting but i mean when i using a pacey striker it just didn't do as well with a all round'd striker :X

@ andysafc

go back to 07 step backwards but still the best fm game by miles (with your tactic)

You could be right, just now going back to 07 looks the best option. After all there is not a lot of difference. Things like the media are indentical. Anyone know of a good data update?

After all i've still some unfinished buisiness because although i won everything with Sunderland i never quite did it with a smaller team like Sunny did.

Originally posted by kroshot:

i still think the tactic could be better defensivly just lost my last 2 games away to chelsea 2-1 (very unlucky) and qutie possibly the worst performance of the season losing 2-0 away to bottom team derby

Maybe it could be better, but im satisfied at the moment. Ive managed to get it a bit better defensevily and still scoring goals. But if you are able to get better defensive records, please let me know.

When playing the big 4 i dont do anything special. I just play and try to do the right team talks. I some times beat them and sometimes i loose. As i have said earlier i just play and im having fun.

Playing now with Alfreton in BSN and im top of the table, my defence is good and im scoring loads of goals.

Here is another proof of what can happen when you get the right players to your squad.

alfretonchampionsbsnnc9.th.png]Blue Square North Champions[/url]

And another proof that you can get players to a tactic and not make a tactic fit your players. This is what i want of the game and not struggle. just play.

Based on all my results i dont know why people are wrighting page up and page down on tactical theories. Here is a tactic, find players and play. As simple as that.

Well, figured I would give you all an update on what is happening with my Darlington side in the championship. I had managed to scrape outright promotion from League one (when I was expected to be relegated) so I knew this would be a tough season. It was. Once again I was expected to be relegated easily, however it did not happen, I managed to get into 10th place using this tactic. (As predicted by Sunny)

My main problem was scoring goals. For some reason my strikers could just NOT his the back of the net. Stuart Nicholson who was banging in the goals for me last season in League One was playing HORRIBLE this season (Ave 6.40 - 5 goals in 30 apps compared to 34 in 38 last season - my backup striker was Ismael Ehui (bought him from Fulham I believe on a free last season) so I gave him a shot too and he was a little better 7.0 ave with 7 in 17. The funny thing is Bradford came in with a bid of 300k for him (he was worth 80k at the time) so I said, nah, but if you offer me 2.5 mil and a 50% sell on fee, you can have him... AND THEY DID!!!

Which was nice because then I had cash to buy a GOOD striker, problem is Darlington is not exactly the place to get top notch strikers (I can still only scout UK and Ireland) so I was left with Nicholson and Tommy Wright as backup (who I find in this formation works better as a right winger) I also smashed my transfer record (300k) for Nicky Maynard from Crewe (Div 2) who was banging in goals left and right for his team (18 in 24 with a 7.42 Ave.) but for me.... nothing (2 in 17). So I did not score a lot of goals, well, at least until I bought a new right winger with my loot - 85k for Jefferrey De Visscher from Kilmarnock who scored 13 goals in 22 appearances (which is how I ended up 10th, I was on target to end up around 15th overall)

Anywhoo, I like this formation. I usually play very well, but I never feel like I am getting screwed over all of the time (which I feel with other formations when I dominate play and still lose) I feel that if I win I deserve it, or if I lose, I was unlucky or did not deserve to win - this makes the game more fun for me in general.

This season I hope (crosses fingers) to do to a bit better. I have (what I think) is a good team. I have some very good players in every position and have good cover too, I've bought a few new guys in who in theory should be top quality (AssMan says they are decent premier players) But... my big hope... and hope is the word, I managed to get Riquelme from Villarreal on a free on 5k a week (he is 33 now) he's a little slow, but has the skill to do what I want in the att mid position (hopefully) This is a major coup for my Championship side (not that the fans gave a toss and my AssMan says he is a decent Championship player - but dammit it's Riquelme!!!)

Still need that class striker. I grabbed Jody Brouwer from Liverpool on a free so hopefully this is the missing part of the puzzle (but somehow, I don't think he is)

Will update again later in the season (just been offered the Sheff Wed job, but will turn it down)

ok i am now 3 seasons away from the time you said this tactic works and i said it dont.

with reading i have won lcup. fa cup and the prem title and reached semi of champ l. didnt win the treb all in diff seasons but i can live with that. u r a legend.

Originally posted by skywats:

ok i am now 3 seasons away from the time you said this tactic works and i said it dont.

with reading i have won lcup. fa cup and the prem title and reached semi of champ l. didnt win the treb all in diff seasons but i can live with that. u r a legend.

Your just too kind!

I was confident that you would sucseed, because once you are in the prem and get good players you will fight in the top.

Good further luck!

Luton Update - As i said previously i played the whole first season in League One with this tactic and came 16th. The following season with some quicker players I got promotion as Champs. Then 1st season in Championship i again got faster Winger in and I won Play Offs to get Luton in Premiership. With Bank Balance nearly £0 i was given over £22m py Premier League and offered Birmingham job which i have taken. Thanks Sunny - this tactic does take time for team to get used to but i think more importantly you do need PACE and lots of it as well as forward men who can put ball in net. Best come back was 5-0 down at Reading and i drew 6-6 with no tweaking just good teamtalk !! amazing stuff.

SUNNY: That comment you made in Paul Owen's thread was harsh! That whole thread is a protest (of sort) to SI's overuse of the need for tweaking.

Now fair enough your saying you don't need to tweak and a few people are proving you right but there are also lots of people saying the opposite. If you read Cleon's replies in that thread he says it has been an on-going 7 year plan to try and stop people from creating one tactic suits all. Furthermore they will continue to try to make the game more hard (challenging) than it is now.

I'm against SI on this and with you. I'm encouraged by what other people are saying so i've returned to your tactic to give it a good run. So far i've had some good wins, some good comeback draws against the big teams and the odd undeserved hiding.

I am more than happy if you can continue the legendary status this thread produced with FM07, by the comments it looks like you already have. icon14.gif

SUNNY: That comment you made in Paul Owen's thread was harsh! That whole thread is a protest (of sort) to SI's overuse of the need for tweaking.

Now fair enough your saying you don't need to tweak and a few people are proving you right but there are also lots of people saying the opposite. If you read Cleon's replies in that thread he says it has been an on-going 7 year plan to try and stop people from creating one tactic suits all. Furthermore they will continue to try to make the game more hard (challenging) than it is now.

I'm against SI on this and with you. I'm encouraged by what other people are saying so i've returned to your tactic to give it a good run. So far i've had some good wins, some good comeback draws against the big teams and the odd undeserved hiding.

I am more than happy if you can continue the legendary status this thread produced with FM07, by the comments it looks like you already have. icon14.gif

I dont think it was so harsh as you want it to. I was trying to open peoples eyes that you dont need to tweak and play one tactic.

This tactic Has taken Coventy, Accrington to the champions league and now it has taken Alfreton to League 2 in two years. Im continueing to play this tactic and as it seems i can also play this tactic when 8.02 is released.

Most people dont have time to tweak and scout and look at the entire match. Thats why i spent my first time of playing FM to try to see where i could take advantage in the game. It seems that the key is Pace in the attack and overflow the midfield.

One tactic is the key!

Im still going to tell how it is going. Still playing with the same tactic and no tweaking home or away, wet or dry so we can still say this tactic works.

promotionfrombspji2.th.png]promotion from Blue Square Premier[/url]

But i did struggle as you can see from the progress:

roadtopromotioninbspme7.th.png]road to league 2![/url]

Struggled big time in the beginning, but half way through the season i was on fire. Seemed my defenders needed more time to settle compare to my attackers.

andysafc

In general this tactic dosent suit all teams, but you can make it suit every team, at least for english league teams. I havent tested it outside britain..

Well, I managed a slight improvement with my Darlington side last season (7th) just missing out of the playoffs by 1 point. My main problem is that my strikers can't bloody score!!

My wingers and amc score pretty well (top scorer was my right winger with 12 goals) but my sc (tried 3 different and they all sucked - Nicholson, Brouer and Maynard) so I've sold Brouwer and brought in a couple of new guys that will HOPEFULLY do the job.

Last season another problem was conceding goals, the ammount of 3-3 or 3-2 games I had... yeesh. It seems that if the opposition gets to the byline and crosses low into the box, my central defenders always seen to miss the ball so an attacker at the far post has an easy tap in (is that my defence sucking or is that a tactical problem?)

Still, will keep plugging away! My midfield is (supposedly) loaded with some players that are "good premier players" although some players who were decent prem players are now only good div 1 players (Nicholson who is only 25 now) It's weird how you can get a coach report and he says a player is a good prem player, yet you can check him a couple of weeks later and you are then told he is a leading champ player... go figure. Maybe my assman sucks too. (It's everyone's fault but mine!!)

Will update again I guess....

Sunny: Been giving your tactic a try with my Sunderland side but i've made an emphais on pace throughout the team as i think it is important anyway in the EPL. Overall i'm pleased with our profress but i've noticed that i find it harder to score when i get more chances. When i'm up against a top team and get less chances than normally i score better.

For example, against a low team in the Cup i got 18 shots, 15 on target which i thought was quite good. My opponents had 2 shots and won 1-0. It just seems harder to score when you are dominating.

I've read that if this happens then reduce the players creativity but you have done that already.

this tactic is awsome i have just won the champs l with reading and my second prem title. also all the players i have are just by ur spec and my top rated coaches say well that i have a rubbish team its 2 in the morning and i will see the sun rise i am in love again thx again

Sunny: Been giving your tactic a try with my Sunderland side but i've made an emphais on pace throughout the team as i think it is important anyway in the EPL. Overall i'm pleased with our profress but i've noticed that i find it harder to score when i get more chances. When i'm up against a top team and get less chances than normally i score better.

For example, against a low team in the Cup i got 18 shots, 15 on target which i thought was quite good. My opponents had 2 shots and won 1-0. It just seems harder to score when you are dominating.

I've read that if this happens then reduce the players creativity but you have done that already.

This also happens to me, andy.

One of the last games played last night i had a goal ratio of 39-20 and scored 1 goal. The opponent had 6-4 and scored 1 goal. That is frustrating and what i read around the forum it seems that 90% of the members are struggling with this.

But im having fun with this game and im playing for fun. Im not playing and struggling.

Hey there

First of all let me thank you ,and i think also in the name of the majority of FM players,for your patience and initiative of doing a tweakless tactic,able to be solid and sucessfull for several diferent ocasions.FM2008 is way too 'wannabe' in terms of realism,and it ended up being a headache for people who just want to have some fun,and doesnt have time to waste his live sitting in front of it trying to figure out what does a centimetre in the stupid bars.

I find your tactic one of the best i've seen.I'm playing with Braga,a reasonable team for portugal in my 2nd season.I've won the championship very close in the first one,but not with your tactic.

Seducted by your filosofy of play and so many positive posts,i've decided to start the second season with your tactic (i really didnt like the way my team was playing,dispiste the lucky victory in the champ),buying several players who i think would fit just right.

Renny Vicente Vega - Gk,high kicking

Lerato Chabangu - ST

Dátalo - AMR

Pryor - AML

Sebastian Prado - MC or AMC

Alex (from International) - AML , DL, MC or AMC.

amongst others wich i find not so relevant to post here.

The thing is,as i started do play through my pre season,i watched a very dinamic team,with great movements and loads of chances,but i just kept loosing games against teorically inferior teams from poland by 1-0,2-1 and things like that.Also lost 2-1 against totenham.The drama continued in the first 2 official games,a lost against Porto by 1-0,and a draw against Guimaraes,1-1.

Dispiste the results,the truth is i've created lots of chances in every game,always more than my adversaries,but i just cant score.I've noticed that the ratio beetween shots made and shot on goal was like 8-1.

I'm really interested in this tactic.How can i solve this?Is that really so important to have high finishing stats in all attack players??

Sorry for the long post,keep up the good work

First of all let me thank you ,and i think also in the name of the majority of FM players,for your patience and initiative of doing a tweakless tactic,able to be solid and sucessfull for several diferent ocasions.FM2008 is way too 'wannabe' in terms of realism,and it ended up being a headache for people who just want to have some fun,and doesnt have time to waste his live sitting in front of it trying to figure out what does a centimetre in the stupid bars.

Playing the game without tweaking is what this thread is about. We can all relate to what you say above.

On my Sunderland game i was 8th in the EPL. My next 4 games were all 'winable' against Derby, Fulham, Birmingham and Middlesborough. It looked really good. Could i break into the top 6? No it all went wrong. Well it didn't all go wrong. I dominated but just couldn't score.

It became a pattern that everytime my play shot at the goalkeeper he hit the G/K everytime. That is not sometimes and sometimes high or wide. He actually fired the ball directly at the G/K everytime during those 4 games, losing all four.

This is one of the best tactics i've seen anywhere, shame the game is broken.

Indeed,i can see the same kind of behaviour happening in my save too.How stupid is this? :|

I know this isn't the right thread to talk crap about this year's FM,but it gets so much frustrating sometimes that i almost forget it's a game , but probably that's what SI wanted.Anyway,it is NOT realistic,just plain stupid.

Anyway,im giving other tries to this one,i'll report back soon.If the author finds any advice or something new,i'm listening.

Well, so far it's looking promising.

I'm playing with Liverpool, and having played the CM/FM series for years I'm at least not completely "noob".

However, I've found it very difficult to patch together any kind of consistent good form, having tried both many tactics from this forum, and making my own based on well tried principles.

With this one, so far I'm comfortably on top of the league (in November) and doing good in cups.

It's very clear you need a speedy striker , though, as when Torres cannot play I'm often short on goals.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the results based on a longer period.

tkh am looking on starting a game after the new patch has come out with liverpool using this tactic just wondering as u need a sfast defence are u using carra etc as carra only has 12 pace 12 acc i think and sunny recommended having cb with pace of 16+ in the prem ? thanks for answer in advance

I use Carra and Agger, also Hyppia if I have to.

It's not ideal relating to pace, I know, but you don't have many choices.

I'm looking for fast defenders to buy when I can afford it, but they'll have to do so far.

So far I haven't encountered problems because of it. Undefeated in the first 12 league games, including a 4-0 throbbing of Chelsea.

Originally posted by tkh:

I use Carra and Agger, also Hyppia if I have to.

It's not ideal relating to pace, I know, but you don't have many choices.

I'm looking for fast defenders to buy when I can afford it, but they'll have to do so far.

So far I haven't encountered problems because of it. Undefeated in the first 12 league games, including a 4-0 throbbing of Chelsea.

It seems that because of Carraghers experience, he compansates for his lack of pace. At least when i have played with liverpool.

@Sunny

Probably true.

It has to be said, though, that I was recently slaughtered by Newcastle, much due to Martins and Owen running my defense ragged.

Originally posted by tkh:

@Sunny

Probably true.

It has to be said, though, that I was recently slaughtered by Newcastle, much due to Martins and Owen running my defense ragged.

when i came to may second season i had to replace him with a much quicker defender. that ended much of my "running through defence" problems.

Hey Sunny,

I gave your 4-1-3-1-1 Inncoming tactic a try (with the farrows on the MC and DMC like you said and direct passing for the DMC), but it didn't work out sadly. I tried it with Newcastle (because of the very fast strikers they have) and bought a few very good players who should be suited to your tactic (I can't mention them because it's not allowed to drop names) and naturally gave the team time to gel. Especially my away-form was terrible with only one away win in the league and mostly losses (even against teams like Derby and Reading...). At home it went pretty well against equal(ish) opposition (like Blackburn, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton etc.), but I could only draw against far worse sides (Derby, Sunderland etc.)..? Strange. Against the very top sides I had mixed results. I drew against Liverpool and Arsenal away, got trashed 1-7 away at Chelsea, but won at home against Man Utd with 3-0. I was surprised with the good ratings my ML and MR got. However, the DMC couldn't get good ratings if his life depended on it... Too bad. Anyway, these are just my findings. This tactic is not for me, but obviously it does work for others. Just curious if you encounter some of the problems I did...

41311inncomingjg2.th.jpg]41311inncomingjg2.th.jpg[/url]

Originally posted by WillemII@Tilburg:

Hey Sunny,

I gave your 4-1-3-1-1 Inncoming tactic a try (with the farrows on the MC and DMC like you said and direct passing for the DMC), but it didn't work out sadly. I tried it with Newcastle (because of the very fast strikers they have) and bought a few very good players who should be suited to your tactic (I can't mention them because it's not allowed to drop names) and naturally gave the team time to gel. Especially my away-form was terrible with only one away win in the league and mostly losses (even against teams like Derby and Reading...). At home it went pretty well against equal(ish) opposition (like Blackburn, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton etc.), but I could only draw against far worse sides (Derby, Sunderland etc.)..? Strange. Against the very top sides I had mixed results. I drew against Liverpool and Arsenal away, got trashed 1-7 away at Chelsea, but won at home against Man Utd with 3-0. I was surprised with the good ratings my ML and MR got. However, the DMC couldn't get good ratings if his life depended on it... Too bad. Anyway, these are just my findings. This tactic is not for me, but obviously it does work for others. Just curious if you encounter some of the problems I did...

As far as i know, newcastle doesnt have a really good AMC. The one who can operate as a second Striker. That could be a Problem.

Another problem is that you could lack the pace in the defence. This tactic requires fast defenders.

Good teamtalks is also an important thing.

Well, like I said, I bough good players who should suit your tactics. I don't like to drop names, but since everybody knows these names I hope I can give these three:

I bought Arshavin as AMC who should be PERFECT for this role as he is a natural in both the AMC and FC position. He is a good finisher and has loads of pace. And in central defense I bought Yobo from Everton and Sonko from Reading. There are quick as lightning...

Well, like I said, I bough good players who should suit your tactics. I don't like to drop names, but since everybody knows these names I hope I can give these three:

I bought Arshavin as AMC who should be PERFECT for this role as he is a natural in both the AMC and FC position. He is a good finisher and has loads of pace. And in central defense I bought Yobo from Everton and Sonko from Reading. There are quick as lightning...

If you want instant sucsess Arshavin wouldnt be my first choice. He is from Russia and would need longer time to gell in to your squad. When you come to the second season, maybe he will blossom as you want.

Yobo and sissoko are good choices, perhaps sissoko only last for your first season. I always have problem of concsistency with this man.

could you put up a screen of your first choice line up?

GK: Given

DC: Ibrahima Sonko (so not Sissoko)

DC: Yobo

DL: José Enrique

DR: Geremi

DMC: Ernst

ML: Duff

MR: Meerdink (didn't expect it, but he rules)

MC: Barton

AMC: Arshavin

ST: Owen (or Martins)

Owen does very well, Arshavin as well (so it's not that he doens't perform, it's just that this tactic doesn't really work as a whole). Duff and Meerdink do very well on the flanks. Barton (who I should think is perfect for the MC role since he is a natural in DMC, MC and AMC) and Ernst do terrible. Given could perform better as well and I'm not very happy with the wingbacks as well. The central defenders do OK.

greetz

GK: Given

DC: Ibrahima Sonko (so not Sissoko)

DC: Yobo

DL: José Enrique

DR: Geremi

DMC: Ernst

ML: Duff

MR: Meerdink (didn't expect it, but he rules)

MC: Barton

AMC: Arshavin

ST: Owen (or Martins)

Owen does very well, Arshavin as well (so it's not that he doens't perform, it's just that this tactic doesn't really work as a whole). Duff and Meerdink do very well on the flanks. Barton (who I should think is perfect for the MC role since he is a natural in DMC, MC and AMC) and Ernst do terrible. Given could perform better as well and I'm not very happy with the wingbacks as well. The central defenders do OK.

greetz

A tip for the future is that you make a Screenshot of your squad instead of naming players. This thread was on the edge of beeing closed as to many people was naming players.

When i look at the original squad you should get an entire new defence.

I would use Barton in the DMC`. Geremi or Emre in the MC position. Alan smith as AMC and you have two quick strikers.

from what i see, you only need to strengthen your defence for the first season.

First of all, thanks for replying. However, I really don't understand why my original set-up isn't any good. I paid close attention to your instructions. I bought central defenders with a lot of pace and now you're telling me that I should get an entire new defence? And I would have though that Barton is perfect in MC, since you told us that the MC is doing both a lot of defending and a lot of attacking and his mental abilities should be high. Barton is this kind of player (and I have played Emre there during injuries or bans, but that wasn't working either). And Alan Smith in AMC? He isn't exactly fast, and you instructed us to look for pace and finishing among other things...? I'm just a bit confused who to look for.

First of all, thanks for replying. However, I really don't understand why my original set-up isn't any good. I paid close attention to your instructions. I bought central defenders with a lot of pace and now you're telling me that I should get an entire new defence? And I would have though that Barton is perfect in MC, since you told us that the MC is doing both a lot of defending and a lot of attacking and his mental abilities should be high. Barton is this kind of player (and I have played Emre there during injuries or bans, but that wasn't working either). And Alan Smith in AMC? He isn't exactly fast, and you instructed us to look for pace and finishing among other things...? I'm just a bit confused who to look for.

If you see above, told you that i looked at the original squad for newcastle. And i said that you have bought the right players for your central defence.

i would also look to find new wingbacks if you can afford it.

If you take a look at Van der vaart, you will see that he is perfect for the AMC role and with a pace of 14 he will do ok. When i say that Alan Smith would suit that role it is beacuse you can concentrate of strengthen your defence. Geremi is perfect in the MC part and Barton for the DMC.

With newcastle i would concentrate on my defence the first season.

The reason you are falling behind could be that the team hasnt gelled enough. With my Alfreton save i often dont get winning streaks until my 25-30 game. But when i dont change som many players i could be flying from the start.

I have always followed this thread and now Sunny has (as Andy did) inspired me to re-install FM08. Im a Posh fan so naturally im managing Peterborough United in league 2.

A good base squad to start with and a bit of cash to spend, but its ok to have if you can attract the players. So i've obviously had to just try and buy as good as I can, which means i've tried to build the squad on pace and this has sometimes meant lesser "other" attributes.

My in's and out's:

playersinandoutum6.jpg

So im now at the January transfer window which will hopefully provide some chances to bolster the squad. Im using the tactic from the link on page 30 so I don't have arrows on my mc or dmc, and...well.....its been a mixed bag. My dmc does suffer from very poor ratings.

I don't seem to leak too many goals but my form is up and down.

fixturescw4.jpg

My boards and supporters expectations were high (rightly so) and so far im 8th. Still early I know and I intend to give this a good run out. I know im lacking a natural goalscorer as I do create chances.

Table:

leaguetablexv4.jpg

Archived