A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ross21soccer

The Dmc rating is hard to get to perform good. I have trouble with ratings on both dmc and mc. But the farrows on both players seems to help them a little bit, as they often get good assists and some times scores. At least they get above the 7.00 mark.

a good fast striker is valid, as you counterattack the oppenent. So i advice you to try to get a good one. But you have good results based on your squad, so keep up the good work.

So still going strong, two more promotions but struggling with holding clean sheets. im going from 6-0 and 7-0 wins to 3-0 losses and than we have 5-4 win. But what the heck. Im playing and having fun.

came2ndinleague2db7.th.png]Second in league 2[/url]

I did let in a few goals as you can see from the next screen. but with 0 funds, and your reputation say your gonna get relegated, it is hard to attrackt good defenders.

conceededinleague2su8.th.png]Conceeded[/url]

Next year a new promotion, scored many more goals, but struggling with clean sheets.

cocacolaleague1championgi3.th.png]Champions!![/url]

I have made som slight changes with farrows and direct passes from defenders, so i will put it up for download.

The reason im telling this story, is i will show it is possible with promotions, with no tweaking home or away, and also no direct funds. I have to sell my players to make funds. Cant wait until my EPL adventure.

Updated 4-1-3-1-1 inncoming

hey sunny ,i just finished my 1st season with norwich city ,im still in shock on how great this tactic is i lost 6 games for the whole year and won the league ,thank you so much mate, this tactic is the best tactic for fm 08,the only thing thats got me stuffed is the striker never scores ,well every now and then ,its the AM that does all the scoring ,what are your thoughts on that ?

Originally posted by Rooney_08:

hey sunny ,i just finished my 1st season with norwich city ,im still in shock on how great this tactic is i lost 6 games for the whole year and won the league ,thank you so much mate, this tactic is the best tactic for fm 08,the only thing thats got me stuffed is the striker never scores ,well every now and then ,its the AM that does all the scoring ,what are your thoughts on that ?

It is hard to find the right striker when you are a LLM club. For two years in a row ive had my AMC who has been the clubs top scorer. When you find your striker, you will score even more goals.

hi andysafc and sunny i've finally managed to get into fm08 at last thanks to this tactic. i manage my home town team hucknall town, with this tac i am in 3rd position after 11 games and unbeaten 6 draws though!!! i must say that i think my team is probably one of the weakest in the blue sq north!! but thanks to you im holding my own got sheff weds as parent and have some v.good players on loan..

sunny am am in march season 1 with liverpool having a really great game using your tactic from page 30 (have downloaded your new one but thort id keep using the other one) anyway ive downloaded the new 8.02 patch was wondering if i installed it and carried on with my save game do u think the tactic will still be okay ?

Originally posted by lfc7:

sunny am am in march season 1 with liverpool having a really great game using your tactic from page 30 (have downloaded your new one but thort id keep using the other one) anyway ive downloaded the new 8.02 patch was wondering if i installed it and carried on with my save game do u think the tactic will still be okay ?

I think so, but i have only played a few games with the patch with my Alfreton save in EPL so i can not draw any conclucsions yet.

Will let you know when i know something.

Sunny : You are getting quite abit of good feedback. I could never get any consistancy with Sunderland but i never really tried it with a smaller team. Do you think it's more suited to smaller teams? Due to most feedback coming via them.

Originally posted by andysafc:

Sunny : You are getting quite abit of good feedback. I could never get any consistancy with Sunderland but i never really tried it with a smaller team. Do you think it's more suited to smaller teams? Due to most feedback coming via them.

Perhaps, but when i have tried right away with an EPL team it has taken me 3 seasons before i get any direct sucsess. You are very in need of good defenders with this tactic.

But with an LLM team you can get good youngsters when you are in the championship or even in the league 1. And then you can get the players to be gelled when you get in the EPL.

I dont know. just a wonder.

ive been doing ok with liverpool just in europe ive leaked goals like hell but in prem and cups am ok 5 pts clear of man utd with 5 games left in lge in fa cup final against west ham aswell this tactic is the best ive done with liverpool so nice one sunny just cl where ive failed was 4-1 up at home against lyon in cl qtr second leg (4-2 on agg) it ended up 5-5 on agg so lyon went through on away gaols my team just leaked 3 goals in about 5 mins ahwell cant win em all

Why on earth did I install the new patch???

My Peterborough side were crusing league 1, sitting top with 2nd most goals scored in the league and least conceded, this also included an 18 game unbeaten run.

Since 8.0.2 patch i've only had 3 shots on goal in 2 games and lost both which were both at home including 2nd from bottom.

Bah!!!

So how we all doing on this one then? Anyone using the latest patch? I uninstalled FM and reinstalled but only updated to version 8.0.1 and back to winning ways.

Still with Peterborough united, now in the Championship. I'll get some more screenies up when I reach the January transfer window.

Not realy getting anymore or less red and yellow cards with this one.

Pokka - There is a link on page 30 I think, I tried this with 8.0.2 and got hammered, not good.

I am back to playing on 8.0.1 and a little better. Im still with Peterborough Utd and 3rd season im 17th in the championship. Not too bad but now seeing the AI taking advantage of the non-tweaking issue.

I'm working on a tactic with 8.02 in mind and so far it looks good. It is working without any tweaking at all home and away and you don't need to change to a time wasting tactic later in the game. But i've only tested it for a few games, i'll get back to you if it holds up or if you want to test it with me, let me know.

Originally posted by andysafc:

I'm working on a tactic with 8.02 in mind and so far it looks good. It is working without any tweaking at all home and away and you don't need to change to a time wasting tactic later in the game. But i've only tested it for a few games, i'll get back to you if it holds up or if you want to test it with me, let me know.

Im there andy. What kind of shape are you playing around with? one AMC and ONE striker?

I found it hard to get going with FM08 mainly due to the bugs. But with 8.02 i feel it is better, i certainly wouldn't say easier but better.

The shape i'm using is a 4-1-4-1 with all 4 midfielders in the AM position. Two pusing up and two dropping back to hold the midfield.

What i have found though is in defence i get a lot of players back whereas in attack i get 5 players in the frontline. All the AM's are crucial as they all get in good positions.

It's give some good results some bad. 5-2 defeat against Arsenal, 3-1 win over Man Utd.

With Histon i'm top of the Blue Square Premier even though i'm tipped for relegation.

Only played about 10 games though so could go pear shape anytime.

I believe that if you want to play without tweaking you must go slighly direct, as they slauther you when they go 4-2-4 if you play slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy- I haven't played in awhile due to my busy schedule. I just started playing again on 07. Your tactic is still the best. I easily won the 2010 WC with England. In five years I have lost one game (the SF's of Euro 2008.) It has been amazing considering that Rooney has been suspended the whole time (I have some kind of bug in which he never becomes eligible.) It has forced me to find other options. Daniel Sturridge has been a god. He has scored 17 in 11 games.

Bruce - Isn't it frustrating how we spent ages trying to figure out 07 and then when we did it was almost time for 08?

I went back to 07 recently and couldn't believe how easy it was - almost to easy!

Cleon says that the same will be said for 08 once 09 is out!

I don't play the game very much now as it is going in a different direction to what i like.

Im with you on this andy.

FM is taking a turn in the wrong direction with this game. It is much harder than the previous versions.

But who knows, maybe one of these days someone will come up with a good tactic that we all can enjoy.

I personally use Aladdins tactics while im on the track of finding the key.

I only think that 07 is easy because of your tactic Andy. icon_biggrin.gif I played CM 01/02 for years. If I hadn't discovered your tactic, I wouldn't have bought 07 either. I know that it seems almost too easy, but if I am going to play a game, I don't want to wait five years to win anything. Also, I don't want to keep getting fired. There needs to be some level of enjoyment, or why bother to invest hours in the game. Thanks for this tactic. To my wife's chagrin, it has brought me hours of enjoyment. One of the constant refrains in my house is;

Are you playing that game again?" Thanks Andy. That sound is music to my ears.

Hello andy!

Im really excited now!

I have taken your previous 5-2-3 att and converted it a bit and not touched the the player instructions or tema instructions. it is now a 3-4-3 and it is working like a charm. 10 games, top of the league with MK Dons and my team plays beautiful football. With a target man!!

Will let you know more later this evening when i have played more games.

Hello andy!

Im really excited now!

I have taken your previous 5-2-3 att and converted it a bit and not touched the the player instructions or tema instructions. it is now a 3-4-3 and it is working like a charm. 10 games, top of the league with MK Dons and my team plays beautiful football. With a target man!!

Will let you know more later this evening when i have played more games.

Nice one Sunny, hopefully there is still life in this game yet.

So here is the story:

I thought that why not try andys original tactic after the 8.02 patch. It didnt look good, but after some tweaking and playing around with barrows, sarrows and farrows i ended up with this tactic:

343attexplainul8.th.png]3-4-3 att[/url]

What i experienced when i was playing around it produced me with som nice good and stable results. As you can see from the picture the red drawn lines will show you that i attack with up to seven players . But in the other hand i also defend with 7 as my wingbacks are running up and down. Of course Stamina is vital here.

My results are as follows:

matchespart1rp5.th.png]results 1[/url]

matchespart2mz7.th.png]results 2[/url]

It was around the York match that i came up with this and i could instantly see the potensial here. My MK Dons Database i have use to test and try and this is by a longshot the best results i have ever gotten. Here is the table after 24 mathces:

tableafter24matchespo9.th.png]table after 24 matches[/url]

I have 2 other versions of the tactic. One that has a lower d-line which is to try to controll a game, but still play attacking. And i have another who is defensive to hold on to a lead.

Will let you know more later today. With kids and preparing dinner it is not easy to share everything at once. I wasnt gonna share info after 24 games, but the results was very good so i thought why not let people try and see if it is just my luck or if it will benefit other people. Will try to play some more and put a download link up later today

Originally posted by DALE83:

played 4 lost 3 won 1 so far with my wolves team. Gunna stick with it for a while and report back.

remember you need the right players.

-wingbacks with stamina and crossing

-a big and good target man

-fast defenders

-hard working midfielders

pretty much the same as for the original tactic on 07.

Originally posted by sunny:

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808617149

Here you can find the links.

I really hope they work for you. It certainlay works for me and i wonder how well it can suit others.

If there are Questions please ask and i will answer them as well as i can

Are you using any opp instructions at all?? Im just using the attack version with my spurs team, unbeaten in 6 at the mo.

Originally posted by ps2xboxgamecube:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808617149

Here you can find the links.

I really hope they work for you. It certainlay works for me and i wonder how well it can suit others.

If there are Questions please ask and i will answer them as well as i can

Are you using any opp instructions at all?? Im just using the attack version with my spurs team, unbeaten in 6 at the mo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i dont use any OI at all. Find them useless.

The reason i created those other two was that im a poor side who often needs to heavenly defend toward the end or try to play a little smoother. When i get a better side, i would also raise my creative freedom.

Archived