A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The midfielders work best with players who close down and win tackles, not Beckhams best qualities but his attacking options more than make up for it. Although i'd be surprised if he'd come to Sunderland though.

what number would you sugggest for pace along the backline as ridgewell has 15 ,parnaby 14 taylor 11,jaidi 11,kelly 15,sadler 13,quedrue 13,tebily 14

also birmingham dont really have a good attacking midfielder any suggestions, and they dont realy have a target man that why ii want zigic good price at about 8m.

This tactic is golden... been using it with Northampton since when i got relegated at the end of 2nd season...

I won the League Two title...

I then went on to win the League One title... (first season back)

and I've just finished 8th in Championship.

I think my team needs strengthening a bit as my strikers weren't as much a threat as previously, and also I need a better GK... other than that though, Northampton's on the way up!

Great tactic Andy, cheers.

HELP!!!! For the love of God HELP!!

OK brief history I decided to test this formation with Derby after a update so first season finished bottom of the prem and relegated second season promoted as champions from Championship with 102 points OK here we go third season back in prem bottom of league not won in my first nine what am I doing wrong!

Kroshot: If your in the EPL then that defense will leak goals, i would try not go less than 14 in pace, preferbly 15.

Diofy is god: I would have liked to have been able to work with Beckham, make sure he's selected for the free kicks as that should bring in some goals!

Diggersworld: Well done icon14.gif It's hard getting two consecutive promotions with any team. With some strenghtning you should make the EPL. What's your finances like?

Paggioram: I would think it's between your defenders and TM. Are you getting sufficent quality for the EPL?

Code: When i made this tactic i decided to go mostly for global settings keeping all the players on the same mindset, with only limited individual player instructions. So the attacking mentality on defenders is intentionally but the one defender whose set to cross from byline is accidental - it should be inline with the other two.

Well my finances are really poor my I'm managing to keep the club out of the red so far. However, I often succeed at buying in young players from Reserves of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc due to my World Class ranking.

I'm hoping that by staying in the Championships for a little longer that more interest will be shown in the club.

My Target man was Luke Varney in the Championship who has jumping of 16 heading of 16 and finishing of 15 and in the champ he got 42 goals in the premiership he can't hit a barn door with a banjo I think he has one but in the league club he has a boat load.

Defenders all are quite quick with jumping and heading as suggested it is Carl Hoefkins, Fitz Hall and Igor Stefanos. Just bought a Chillian 20 year old with 20's for Pace, Acc, Jumping and heading.

So any help please

WORLD CUP UPDATE: (I am USA!)

QTR Final Draw...

Portugal v Italy (Portugal knocked out Brazil)

England v USA (England eliminated Argentina)

Cameroon v France

Germany v Nigeria

We made hard work to get to the Qtr Finals beating Greece on pens. England UP next!

andysafc just about to start again as birmingham i neeed you advice im looking at fitz hall pace and acc 17 and anthony gardner pace and acc both 16 as well as curtis davies do you think these are allright for this tactic.im going to sign zigic but im going to try and limit any non british pplayers unless they are top quality.im still struggling to find a decent midfielder to play along side muamba any ideas?who did you sign in your first season in the prem just need an idea as to what to look for

Bear in mind though that it is just very slight chances. Your TM should get goals from some corners.

Krohot: That defence sounds better. When i searched for players i never used scouts i just used the normal player search then ticked the box where it says Ass Man to filter out unrealistic targets, then i'd buy the best player in there that i could get. Make it easier for yourself though... first search in a position your looking for. IE. G/K, DEF etc etc.

completed my pre-season deals and im happy with who ive got here goes-

brede hangeland 1m

craig gordon 5m+30%sell on

curtis davies 4.7m

nikola zigic 8m

gary speed (player/coach)250k

papa bouba diop 5m

plus got a couple of good loan deals

bendtner

kim kallstrom (couldnt belive it he was in lyons reserves)

brede hangeland 1m

craig gordon 5m+30%sell on

curtis davies 4.7m

nikola zigic 8m

gary speed (player/coach)250k

papa bouba diop 5m

plus got a couple of good loan deals

bendtner

kim kallstrom

Craig Gordon is worth double that in a few seasons. Kim Kallstrom started poorly for me but he came good after settling in.

Originally posted by Code:

Pedro Oldoni plays as a real beast in the TM role. Try him, you won't regret it icon_wink.gif

Sorry, posted already icon_rolleyes.gif

Stats of him :

Played: 29

Goals: 23

Assists: 15

MoM: 14

Rating 8.35 in league (playing in Turkey btw) and 8.28 overall.

Pedro Oldoni plays as a real beast in the TM role. Try him, you won't regret it

Doesn't show up in my database, might be something to do with you playing in Turkish League. First i've heard of the tactic working for a club team outside England.

Hi andy my hat goes off to you. you have managed to create a amzing tactic first season with sunderland i got europe 6th now im in second season and been handed a hefty 20mil is there any players who you would recomend who you now will strenghen my time regardless of who i have got now and once again well done

Hi andy my hat goes off to you. you have managed to create a amzing tactic first season with sunderland i got europe 6th now im in second season and been handed a hefty 20mil is there any players who you would recomend who you now will strenghen my time regardless of who i have got now and once again well done

Well done mate, it's all worthwhile when i see it works for other people. My main recommendation would have to be Peter Crouch, he's been fantastic year in year out now for me.

He single handedly put the USA out of the World Cup, my own player destroyed me!

I signed Ronaldo from Man Utd for about 30m and he made his debut in a pre season friendly against Lyon which we won 9-0. Now i have been drawn against that same team in the first Round of the Chamions League. Chealsea first League of the season. I've still got the hunger!

I really need a GK but even though all the top keepers like Buffon are willing to come i just can't agree a fee. I've went upto 30million for the 32 year old but still rejected! Same with every other top keeper.

Other than that position i feel comfortable with the rest of my squad. No money left now though, blew the lot!

First game away to Chelsea... 4-2 to us!

I found if you change your fullbacks to FWR rarely in away games it's a very useful tweak. You are much more stable in defence and will concede very less then before. This helped me alot after my away form was just terrible, while my home form was just so fantastic icon_cool.gif

Prospero here trying to download your updated tactic. Sorry I'm really ignorant but when I click download it says copyright error could you help me by the way left Salisbury and will keep you updated on how tactic goes with my new club Nuremberg in German league. My beloved Birmingham just won't sack Bruce

Originally posted by andysafc:

You wish is my command... kappow!! (Updated Tactic)

Nice icon14.gif

I wanna try and figure out the top five things required for this tactic. I just played as Swansea and taking a real beating, despite a promising start. 2 Target men, both got injured, but one is coming back now, but conceding loads. Will try different players with different stats!

Great tactic andysafc. Decided to start a game as Barnsley (favourite team) and so far tactic working a treat. Its only early days but after 12 games i am second in the league winning 7 drawing 3 and losing 2. Not bad for a team who is expected to be relegated. Also through to the third round of the carling cup. Had some great wins along the way as well winning 5-2 at birmingham and 5-1 at home to southampton. One question though andysafc my right striker has a goal a game strike rate at the minute and my TM has a one in two record with plenty of assists. But my left striker who on paper is my best striker is yet to score after 14 games. Is this common or is it mine who is just misfiring? His performances are fine with an average of 7.14 but he just cant score. Thanks

I'm not sure that it will work for lower teams. Originally this tactic worked with Workington but tried a few similar teams with little success. It certainly works with the Championship teams i've tried it with, Sunderland and Hull. As they are quite different in quality, that means it should work for most teams around them.

It seems to be working well for Grossen to with Barnsley which is excellent because no offence to those teams but there are lots of better teams in the Championship. Lets keep it up lads!

Hi andy my strike force is eddie johnson

steffen iversen[middle TM] then on the left i cant get goals out of my strikers and i dontt know who to play who would you play out of these

1.chamagol

2.danny haynes

3.matias vuoso

4.danny koevermans[ax alkmaar]

5.issiar dia

apart from that it is goin very well and iversen is like ronaldo rooney and jan koller mixed into 1 with this tactic

Originally posted by andysafc:

Grossen - Did you request a parent club from your board? At Hull i did and i was offered to choose between Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea!

I choose Arsenal for the good young players in their reserve squad.

Yes i did and got to choose between villa and wigan. Selected villa as they have got some decent youngsters like Gardner and Osbourne

Season 1 halfway update

This tactic gets the thumbs up from me. Halfway through season 1 now and i am sitting third in the league on 41 points from 23 games, with 12 wins 5 draws and 6 defeats. This may not look that impressive but for a team that, to be honest, is expected to go down i think its a good return. Had some great wins as mentioned before but to add to that i've won wigan on pens and blackburn at ewood park 4-2 in the carling cup. Also beat colchester at home in the league 7-1. Looking forward to the second half of the season and hopefully cementing a play off spot which i would consider a great achievement.

If you can get a good quality left footer then fine but if not it should not be to much a problem. I'm using Javier Savola there and he is right sided but still gets a goal every two games and has plenty of assists.

Dioufy - you've got some talented strikers there. If Iverson is working as a TM then i'd leave him and keep Johnson as cover.

I say this because Danny Koevermans looks good for the right slot. Chamagol and Dia have ability without doubt although they need time to settle. Don't expect to much to soon although i'd be tempted to try them. If you can get them playing you should cause enough problems with that attack.

This tactic gets the thumbs up from me. Halfway through season 1 now and i am sitting third in the league on 41 points from 23 games, with 12 wins 5 draws and 6 defeats. This may not look that impressive but for a team that, to be honest, is expected to go down i think its a good return. Had some great wins as mentioned before but to add to that i've won wigan on pens and blackburn at ewood park 4-2 in the carling cup. Also beat colchester at home in the league 7-1. Looking forward to the second half of the season and hopefully cementing a play off spot which i would consider a great achievement.

Well done Grossen icon14.gif you keep touch with realistic targets rather than picking a small team and thinking you should win automatic promotion. Keep it up and hope you can make the EPL.

Hi Andy

Congrats on your tactic which is massively impressive given that no tweaking is required. Havent tried it myself but have been keeping an eye on the results here as they do intrigue me.

My only question would be that, looking at the results from your sunderland team, and a few others who have posted, it does look like the tactic does suffer from an unusually high number of draws (at least in comparison to teams around you). For example in your last Sunderland season, you had 10 draws. No other team in the top 6 had as many draws. Do you think that this is something that could be ironed out in the tactic itself? or is this due to other factors (e.g. weakness in some players such as concentration attribute in defenders?).

Your right that only 3 losses is not to bad (freakin awesome would be more appropriate!) icon_smile.gif

but the draws just stood out as higher than the teams around you and this just got me thinking whether this was because you didnt have the players to fulfil your tactics (e.g. during your striker injury crisis?) or whether there are certain teams and the tactics they play/players they have which proves hard to break down (the Big 4 for example)?

Archived