A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Andy. The main bits here are firstly the target man that has to be one of the most important things.

I also know the central defenders are key and this is now where I fall down. This is where I just need someone please Andy to give me a clue of what sort of players should be here.

I agree this tactic is awesome but becomes ordinary if the manager screws up.

It's hard for me to recommended players because we are using different teams, you i get in you may not.

But a rule in general and one kroshot should note! When i won the UEFA, Champions League, EPL etc etc. I did it mostly with English players. Peter Crouch, Defore, Huddleston.

Yes i did include the odd European but not to many. I would be reluctant to sign Brazilians, Africians etc - not because they arn't skilfull enough but because they arn't suited to this style of play.

This tactic really is great. I tried it on Danish Aalborg and came second i the Danish league, losing the title on the last day by losing away to later champions FC Copenhagen.

Next game was Werder Bremen and again I managed to secure a 2nd place after mighty Bayern (and again I was top of the league most of the season but lost the title in the last three games). I only had around 500K to spend on transfers, and bought a couple of inexpensive players indcluding a towering striker for a mere 30K. After a succesful season, he is now valued at 1,2 mill :-)

Good work Andy - in my view this is the best tactic yet for FM07. I will definately keep using this!

just wanted to say that im still playing my ipswich game, but im on holliday so im not getting the chance to play to much.

but still hanging in there, im in my third season in the epl.

like andy said, it is adviceable to use english players or players from hard working leagues. Norwegian, france etc. i have succsess with hæstad and bodmer/pedro leon in the midfield.

Eddie johnson-tm,bendnter as a replacement.

using danny haynes and theo walcott as my to strikers.

im not using to many italians, brazilians portugese players etc etc.

Paggioram: I think this tactic performs above realistic expectations. I mean winning the EPL, UEFA Cup, European Cup, Super Cup, League Cup and Club Cup with Sunderland exceeded my own expectations. As did getting Hull and Barnsley (achieved by grossen) but then what are the expectations? It would be a miracle for either of them teams to even stay in the EPL irl.

Johnlan: I didn't know if this would work in the Danish League so thanks for the feedback. Obviously any tactic requires management skills also and with such a small transfer budget you still got the right players. I think credit goes to you not me, although to say this is the best tactic for FM07 is a lovely compliment. icon_wink.gif

Sunny: You have the right idea and people looking for what players to use should observe what you have said above.

KUTGW Lads icon14.gif

looking what you said andy i decided to play as many uk players that i could to see how we would get on.couldnt have picked a harder game though against chelsea turned out ok drew 1-1 mcsheffery scoring.got some good young players coming through now.

team vs chelsea

gk gordon

rb kelly

lb b.jones

cb c.davies

cb a.gardner

cb ridgwell

cm muamba

cm d.rose

lfc mcsheffery

tm zigic

rcf jerome

Posted 16 August 2007 13:51 just won the uefa cup beat fulham 2-0 in the final

result

fulham 0

birmingham 2(qvist 55,zigic 82)

MoM bodmer

my first european trophy prehaps we can challenge for the league next season come on you blues!!

Another UEFA Trophy success. I think that's atleast 3 with 3 different managers.

You should be challenging for the EPL next season, but remember that i never signed loads of players with Sunderland each close season. Look for a maximum 2-3 players but make only quality signings.

...although to say this is the best tactic for FM07 is a lovely compliment. icon_wink.gif

Well it is because it does not demand a multitude of specific player skills.

Often when a tactic is presented here in the forums, it requires you to have something like "pacey wingers, lethal strikers and hard working defenders". Well, if I had those players, I could pretty much play with any tactic. The beauty of your tactic is that it is not very demanding regarding specific skills. Defenders with decent pace are not that hard to find, and if you play a big guy up front with two decent forwards next to him, you will get the goals.

Which again means that this is a great tactic for teams with a limited transfer budget. And you can play it both home and away which is quite unique (and a nice change).

pato 5.5m

huddlestone 6.5m

ashley young 8.75m

b.foster 2m

doyle 9m

scott sinclair 4.5m

cisse 4.5m

baptista 7m

warnock 2.8m

g.barnes 3.8m

a.keogh 4.5m

sidwell 3.5m

Of those i would concentrate on Huddlestone, Ashley Young, Ben Foster, Scott Sinclair, Barnes and Sidwell.

On paper Baptista is the most talanted player on that list, but would he play in this system?

Ben Foster and Sinclair are ones for the futher and should not be thrown in for a week in week out scenario.

discovered alan smtih is available for 6.5m could also get woodgate for 10m or joey barton for 6.75m

All 3 are good players in their own right. Alan Smith gives you options as he can do the TM or the forward role.

Woodgates only question mark would be his pace.

If Barton can stay on the pitch for the full 90 minutes he would give some metal in the team, otherwise he'd be a liability. If i choose one of them then it would be Smith.

Got to say this is a good all round tactic.

I played a season with West Ham and finished 4th in the league. Mainly due to an excellent run at the end of the season.

My team for most of the 1st season was.

GK Green

DR Pantsil

DL Mc

DC Davies (8m)

DC Upson

DC Gabbidon

MC Noble

MC Reo Coker

ST Delgado

ST Ashton

ST Harewood

Subs

Carroll

Ferdinand

Bowyer

Mullins

Eddie Johnson (2.6m)

To be honest an amazing season for West Ham.

I did find however that we were constantly beaten around the full backs.

It got me thinking that the main ingredient in this formation is pace.

So I started a new game as Arsenal.

My 1st XI

GK Jens Lehmann

DR Eboue

DL Gallas

DC Metzelder (8.5m)

DC Toure

DC Yobo (9m)

MC Gilberto Silva

MC Fabregas

ST van Persie

ST Baptista

ST Henry

Subs

Gordon (5m)

Hoyte

Djourou

Diop (5.5m)

Adebayor

So far 8 competitive games

7 wins 1 draw

Only conceeding 2 goals in that time.

So I think all it takes fro this tactic to work is pace on the right areas.

Oh and an amazing target man!!

Andy:

Tactic still doing well. I have found, for me anyway, that I have better luck if I switch back and forth between your first tactic and second tactic for each season I play. Another observation, is that I have found that if I play to the target mans strengths, I also do better. For example, I have just signed Alan Smith, who is good with his head but I found that because he plays with his back to goal set the targetman setting to "play to feet" works better for him.

No other tweaking. Exscellent results

Limit your discussions to tactics and not players. There will be NO player naming with attached prices or this thread will be closed Naming players for tactics does not belong in this forum.

There are people who like tactics but do not want players named. Attaching transfer prices just makes things worse.

Limit your discussions to tactics and not players. There will be NO player naming with attached prices or this thread will be closed Naming players for tactics does not belong in this forum.

There are people who like tactics but do not want players named. Attaching transfer prices just makes things worse.

What's this about? The guys just requesting my advice as to certain players suitability to this tactic.

I can understand that some people don't want players named but if you read this thread there has never and i mean NEVER been anyone mention the issue.

I have enjoyed this thread and i know i have helped some people, but the threat of closing it has taken the shine off it for me.

So I started a new game as Arsenal.

My 1st XI

GK Jens Lehmann

DR Eboue

DL Gallas

DC Metzelder

DC Toure

DC Yobo

MC Gilberto Silva

MC Fabregas

ST van Persie

ST Baptista

ST Henry

Subs

Gordon

Hoyte

Djourou

Diop

Adebayor

So far 8 competitive games

7 wins 1 draw

Only conceeding 2 goals in that time.

I'm surprised this is working with one of the big 4, as the tactic was not made to utilise skill but to combat it.

However, as he said an important ingredient is pace, so maybe there is something to learn here.

PLEASE NOTE: Don't use player valuations in case there are Hitler wannabees watching!

I kinda think this topic needs to have players named to help understand what players are needed. If someone says a player name, you can check out his stats and find similar players. As you can see in Andy's comments throughout this thread, he is learning why this tactic works too. I have not seen anybody complain about the name dropping, although I respect the rule.

The very nature of this thread/tactic means it brings success to those that may not understand the tweaking nature of the game, or those that need help to enjoy the game.

No compromises. This is the training and tactical forums thread. If you wanna mention names then don't put in their transfer fees. The moment i see transfer fees again I close the thread

I see other threads that, in my opinion, are irrelevent to Tactics and Training and yet they don't get closed.

But if there's one thing in life i've learnt it's that you can't win an argument with someone in authority.

So please note... don't include transfer fees when naming players.

The moment i see transfer fees again I close the thread

I also believe this is unfair, i have asked people not to include transfer fees. But i'm not a mod, i can't edit their replies.

If someone does it after they have been asked not to, who gets punished... them or me?

started 3rd season off well won 3 and drew 1 of my first 4 games keeping 4 clean sheets in the process then game 5 away to blackburn who i beat at ewood park last season final score blackburn 4 birmingham 1 dont know what happended to my defence just fell apart.also won the european super cup beat man utd on pens.

started 3rd season off well won 3 and drew 1 of my first 4 games keeping 4 clean sheets in the process then game 5 away to blackburn who i beat at ewood park last season final score blackburn 4 birmingham 1 dont know what happended to my defence just fell apart.also won the european super cup beat man utd on pens.

I've noticed that happening to me also. I'll go 6 or 7 games unbeaton then i'll lose heavily but then go unbeaton again. It's not a problem so long as it doesn't happen regularly.

Well done on winning the European Super Cup though, it's seems you could repeat with Birmingham what i did with Sunderland. I hope so. icon_smile.gif

You need to find what is best for the team you are using. Personally i don't drop the D-line to 10, but it could be more suited to the team you play with.

I wouldn't regard the tactic as being different versions. Each one is virtually the same, the differences are very slight. I got most of my success using the first one, but i don't think you'll notice any difference. Again it's about what works for you.

After i got in a mess with Hull, caused by my own errors, i decided to try something different. I chose to try Crewe Alexandra because they are from a Division lower, and they offered a different challenge.

I had a 100k to spend but i thought they had a decent team. I took advantage of my parent club Liverpool to loan 3 players and spent most of my transfer budget on a striker.

Vardy has been a fantastic TM. After a slow start i'm on a roll now and sitting 3rd after 12 games.

Having started my second season I have decided to strengthen by defence and increase numbers of defenders as keeping five fit defenders is quite tough.

So i brought in Jagielka, I also bought Andrew Tutt a promising Youngster and Matthew Bates.

So far I results are :

Manchester City Away 1-1

Blackburn Home 3-1

West Ham Away 1-1

Sitting pretty in 3rd place.

Lovely.

Your tactic has made the game interesting again. The only problem is that it is addictive all over again.

Having started my second season I have decided to strengthen by defence and increase numbers of defenders as keeping five fit defenders is quite tough.

So i brought in Jagielka, I also bought Andrew Tutt a promising Youngster and Matthew Bates.

So far I results are :

Manchester City Away 1-1

Blackburn Home 3-1

West Ham Away 1-1

Sitting pretty in 3rd place.

Lovely.

Your tactic has made the game interesting again. The only problem is that it is addictive all over again.

3rd in the EPL with Coventry, that's what i like to see!

You know, when you look through other threads perticularly at how hard this game is. I feel it has been great to see other people in THIS thread achieve the things that they have.

But remember no naming prices with players as there are people who would stop this glory trip!

oh sod it just saved my game,came back went to reload it and it wont load just when i was going to take arsenal to greater things oh well sh*t happens back to the start again.

Every time you get on the brink of greater things something like this happens. Don't you get the feeling someone has it in for you!

This tactic kicks a$$ in my frist 20 games with Wrexham

played-20

Won-14

Draw-5

Lost-1

Goals-36

Conceeded-7

That is an incredible record and surprised me. Losing only one game and 7 goals from 20 games is excellent. Well done icon14.gif

Originally posted by rashidi1:

give the guy a break man, he's only comig up witth v.good suggestions to help people out and you heirachy have to be all spoilsports chill out have a beer it's friday icon_smile.gif

hi andy i must join the party mate icon14.gif im also sunderland using this tactic in the prem year 2011/12 currently top after 22 games but struggled a bit lately. i have a fairly weak squad which i will post for you later mate to see what you think.(am i allowed?)!!! seem to have same problem with my f'bs being skinned though! any ideas??

andy my sunderland team is

gk.carson/foster

rb.saelevik/chygrynskyi

lb.bale/baranyai

cb.hobbs/spence

cb.garay/h.worley

cb.chygrynskyi/huth

dm.agirre/m.woods

am.rochemback****/trecarichi/dalla valle

tm.a.smith/mido/pekhart cant decide which mainly smith tho!

ls. r.batres

rs.bojan/doudin/vaca(wonderkid regen)

plus i ave a squad of 38 reserves!!!! including e.johnson(krap)! mircea dan,cedric evina,eikrem,wang dalei. so apart from having to trim down where do i start?? please help me mate im of the opinion this is the best tactic yet icon14.gif

glynnbob: I know what you mean, to progress you need to keep improving your 1st team squad, but you end up with loads of reserves after a few seasons because some players who performed brilliantly last season you can't even give them away.

Your fullback MUST have pace, about 15 in the EPL.

Originally posted by andysafc:

glynnbob: I know what you mean, to progress you need to keep improving your 1st team squad, but you end up with loads of reserves after a few seasons because some players who performed brilliantly last season you can't even give them away.

Your fullback MUST have pace, about 15 in the EPL.

thanks for swift response mate icon_smile.gif i've just noticed i have carlos zambelli(dr)italian w/kid in my reserves on loan at pne he's only 20 but his pace etc. is phenomenal would you play him in prem at that age?

I go by the theory that if he's good enough then he's old enough and it worked with Tom Huddlestone. I'm not so sure about Italians though. But i would be tempted to slot him in, just make sure you have back up for that position ready.

hahaha, Rashidi & Co doesn't comment this thread because their overcomplicated theories with 100-pages threads doesn't work for others icon_smile.gif .

I can too say this tactic put new life into this game.

All those gurus couldn't make good tactic, and even one of them search for a reason to close this thread, hahaha!

Corner scheme is much better in second version, good work!

well in the bwin liga was very cool but in the champions didn't result but it is a excelent tactic

nice work icon_wink.gif

bwin table

champ

pld:30 won:22 drn:7 lst:1 for:50 ag:11 pts:73

grupD

SLB 1-4 inter

SLB 3-0 aek

SLB 1-0 psv

SLB 2-0 psv

SLB 1-0 inter

SLB 0-2 aek

1/4 final

SLB 0-1 hamburg

SLB 0-1 hamburg

unluky i think

Originally posted by marx:

hahaha, Rashidi & Co doesn't comment this thread because their overcomplicated theories with 100-pages threads doesn't work for others icon_smile.gif .

I can too say this tactic put new life into this game.

All those gurus couldn't make good tactic, and even one of them search for a reason to close this thread, hahaha!

Corner scheme is much better in second version, good work!

i think they are p***** off because a tactic for little clubs not your usual man u,chelsea,arsenal etc has been made nd there rubbish game which i love has given the thousands of normal football supporters a chance after ten months!!!! gonna try with my two favourite clubs now notts county & leicester city once again nice one andysafc keep it up mate icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Agree with glynnbob and marx. This tactic is the one for the rest of us. I have played the game with a ton of different tactics found here. Some even worked. But never has anyone made a tactic that produces these results with smaller clubs. That might be a cause of irritation to the ones who like to use tactics that require constant tweaking and changing, but it is a joy for the casual gamer who does not want to over-complicate things. And for that andysafc really should be congratulated. To close this thread would be absurd. Might as well close the forum then.

Still enjoying your tactic mate. Nottm Forest and top af the league half way through. Keep it up andy - this has made me play and love the game again.

Archived