A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

OK I was not going to update you all till the end of the season but I am now Feb 1st and needed to update you.

I was back at Ansfield for the last game of January and this time beat them 1 - 0 and the first goal of his Derby career for Landon Donovon signed in the summer and all you could hear at full time from the derby fans was.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

I will enjoy this why it lasts as I am also 3 points clear however now the bad news.

I am starting to pick up injuries and this is not good as during the January transfer window I managed to offload two who would not play for me again but no one of any real quality wanted to come to me so I did not get my back up so players that scraped for their lives last year and youngsters are starting to come in and yes I am now slightly worried about the future.

I am really thinking this year might be two soon for the title but at least I got 44 points now so should be safe (As I would expect not to lose every game between now and the end of the season).

One funny thing of note in assistant advice about my squad my assistant says the team needs strengthening everywhere and we have no chance of survival that makes me feel all warm and tingly inside the faith my staff have.

I will update you more later.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a quick update finished my transfer dealings for this window by signing lasse qvist from kobenhaven.he will help with my left sided striker problem as he is very strong with both feet(plus he scored the goal that won me the uefa cup on a previous save)

Hi all.

This looks a cracking thread full or ideas about the tactic, just about to use it for the first time and want a few little ideas (looked back for ages but got lost in all the posts)

Nice and simple.

1. I have no pace in my team at the back at all. Will dropping the D-Line to say 10 stop the tactic working?

I just used it for my first game mid season and drew 3-3 away in the cup to Hartlepool (I am Dorchester). Looks promising mate.

p.s i am obviously going to give the tactic 10/20 games to work its magic, but obviously the D-Line and my defenders could limit its impact if I get it wrong.

Thanks.

Hi all.

This looks a cracking thread full or ideas about the tactic, just about to use it for the first time and want a few little ideas (looked back for ages but got lost in all the posts)

Nice and simple.

I think with having no pace at the back your going to always concede goals, hence the 3-3 scoreline. I don't think dropping the d-line to 10 will help because tbh i wouldn't use the offside trap with a slow defence.

1. I have no pace in my team at the back at all. Will dropping the D-Line to say 10 stop the tactic working?

I just used it for my first game mid season and drew 3-3 away in the cup to Hartlepool (I am Dorchester). Looks promising mate.

p.s i am obviously going to give the tactic 10/20 games to work its magic, but obviously the D-Line and my defenders could limit its impact if I get it wrong.

Thanks.

I did put a reply in, but it didn't include it!

Anyway it was something like this...

I wouldn't advise using this tactic with defenders without goals as you will concede goals. Even dropping the d-line may not help because your still playing the offside trap with a sloe defense.

Just won my next two league games 1-0. Hartlepool are 2 divisions above me so it was a good result away from home to get three goals.

How about not using the offside trap and dropping the D-Line has anyone tried this method?

Your going into unknown territory here. The reason why the tactic does not need tweaking unlike other tactics is because as we push up we limit the way the oppsition can play. By dropping the D-line, although it may work sometimes, the opposition can alter so maybe it will be more inconsistant. Well thats my theory.

***TARGET MEN***

Have you noticed regularly throughout this thread how many different people have reffered to TM as amazing, awesome etc etc?

Is is because the player is fantastic, wonderful, awesome... or is it because the tactic makes them like that?

The reason i started think like this is because in my current Wycombe game i tried to get Kevin Campbell as he was described as such with another team. But i could not match his wage demands, in fact i struggled to get anyone in.

Eventually i managed to get Matt Harrold in on a year long loan from Southend Reserves. Now no disrespect intended to Matt Harrold, but who the hell is he?

Yet he has been 'awesome' so far in my Wycombe game.

fm2007pf2.png] [/url]

Do you know how in real life how some managers make a player look brilliant, he moves on to another team and becomes a shadow of his former self. I think this tactic helps to do that.

Andysafc:

Update: I just finished season 2011/12. Have won league, fa cup and euro cup with the new version. My reserves and u-18s also won their respective leagues. As mentioned in previous update, the formation is the exactly the same (forwards pushed out did not work too well) but width still a bit wider overall but I have eliminated the TM and changed the passing from direct to shorter.

Just started a brand new season with liverpool, Using the updated tactic. Home form is good but seems very poor away from home, Do you have to make any akts or changes for away matches.

I don't make changes home or away as the title suggests, but feel free to make changes which may suit your team as 'crazyscotsman' has done to great success.

going to try this, im boston in premiership but just cant take em that step further and get em battling for the title.

see how it goes. halfway throught the season so this year may be a write off.

hope it works.

ive just downloaded from the link above, andysafc, i dont need to change a single thing do i?

thanks

going to try this, im boston in premiership but just cant take em that step further and get em battling for the title.

see how it goes. halfway throught the season so this year may be a write off.

hope it works.

ive just downloaded from the link above, andysafc, i dont need to change

a single thing do i?

thanks

Made the EPL with Boston? Not sure if you can take them any higher. Yes the download link and you ready to go. Just pick your TM.

andysafc- with sunderland did you put defoe on the left or right of your forwards i just cant get him to perform regulary.team at the moment is

gk enyeama

rb kelly/parnaby

lb hammell/quedrue

cb c.davies/hanegland

cb a.gardner/b.jones

cb ridgwell

cm haestad/muamba

cm steven davis/sidwell

tm zigic/e.johnson

rf defoe/naismith/o`connor

lf mcsheffery/riordan

start of second season played 6 won 2 drew 3 lost 1.done well against the big boys beating chelsea away 2-0 drawing with liverpool 1-1 and drawing with arsenal 3-3 coming back from 3-1 behind only defeat was unlucky away to man city 2-1

yeah, got to prem with boston. season 2012/13 just started this tactic.

played 9 so far.

liverpool A won 1-0

millwall A won 3-1 (cup)

man u H lost 1-0

barnsley H won 3-0

ipswich A won 3-1

derby A won 2-0 (cup)

portsmouth H 2-0

reading A won 2-1

WBA H drew 1-1

really good so far!!

by TM do you mean target man? what do you do to set that?

thanks.

kroshot: I played Defoe on the right. Give it a little longer so the new players can bed in. Fixture have given you a hard start but they have responded well.

Jesse: You just drag your central striker into the target man list, who should be good at heading and jumping but with those results it may be better to leave it as it is!

had some good results lately but defoe only has 4 in 15 games but i know his quality so i keep faith with him

To be honest, i never thought Defoe did well for me either. Yes we won games and titles when he played but his goal return was below what i expected.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">had some good results lately but defoe only has 4 in 15 games but i know his quality so i keep faith with him

To be honest, i never thought Defoe did well for me either. Yes we won games and titles when he played but his goal return was below what i expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>im having exactly same problem with cisse on the right andy good stats but icon_mad.gif

im having exactly same problem with cisse on the right andy good stats but

I found that with Cisse too, he started off ok but never really lived upto expectations. But maybe it's the tactic to blame... because if you notice the TM seems to get MORE than his fair share. Maybe you could take the crossing off the two outside forwards and this will encourage them to shoot themselves?

Personally i didn't let it bother me so long as i won games and ultimately... titles!

A quick update on my Spurs campaign with this tactic.

As I posted earlier, I decided to try this tactic while in close-season after a moderate first season with Spurs. I had money to spend so tried to buy players that I thought would fit into the tactic.

Leeague mid-way though the season:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7358/leaguepx1.jpg

We were averaging around 5th til nov/dec and have hit a great run.

Zigic (Target Man) stats:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/242/tmnl3.jpg

Zigic has been enormous for us, bear in mind when viewing his stats that he has been getting subbed after 60-70 mins in 80% of the games because his fitness drops to around 85 and Im terrified he'll get injured.

I haven't lost him to injury yet but I am concerned as my TM back-up Mido doesnt perform anywhere close to Zigic.

Considering I've spent £80m on my squad, its fair to say we are definately a one-man team. Its not pretty football, quite possibly the ugliest I've played in 07 but it certainly is effective.

I'd be suprised if we do win the league, we were knocked out of both cups with Zig pretty ineffective in both games (I just remebered this, I'll have a look at the formations for them games and see if theres similarities between the oppo in each).

Oh, and I haven't tweaked with anything whatsoever home or away.

Looking good, I'll be happy with CL qualification and the semis in the Uefa cup.

dempseyslop:

It is only suited to my players however do the following with your current team: Take Andy's version 2 and untick the TM settings and remove him from the box. Change all individual players settings that feed the ball to TM and change to mix. After doing this you can change the D-line, counter - attack option, speed, width etc to suit your squad. I have experimented with wingers in the FL & FR positions and usually, depending on who I am playing, will either play with 3 strikers or one FC and two wingers. I usually get goals from my three front men and both midfielders on a regular basis.

To me, a good way to tell if a tactic is really working is to see how your reserves and u-18's do with it as I have it set to use current tactics for each of these teams. I have either won or always finished in the top three

Although I have changed the settings I never have to tweak. Just another update: just won the Super Euro Cup 2-0 against Inter.

Hope this helps, let me know with any questions

Thanks Crazy will give this a try, I mean the standard tactic works well, My front line is Garcia, Crouch as TM and Kuyt With eddie Johnson as back up TM or striker. Crouch and Johnson score loads but Kuyt and garcia have scored only 8 goals between them in 20 games which is really poor.

so far ive played the tactic 3 times with rangers. ive won 3 and my third game looked great usually struggle agains st mirren but i demolished them 6-1! looking forward to trying the tactic out at a harder level ( uefa cup ) in 2 of the 3 games i have scored early on in the match, 1 min & 3 thanks for the tactic i will post back how i do in the uefa cup.

Well, I didnt win the league but it was a good try for the first season using this tactic:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9408/leaguezx2.jpg

My TM continued doing the business. He got top scorer, top assists, most MOMs and highest average rating for the premiership. Coupled with several awards, all in all not a bad season for him:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2354/tmfr5.jpg

We also won the Uefa cup, the stats suggest we were lucky but it didnt feel that way when I was watching the game:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3498/uefasv6.jpg

The upcoming season I've only added one first-teamer at left-back so am hopeful for another successful year with a ready-gelled squad.

Thank for the tactic, good stuff!

Well, I didnt win the league but it was a good try for the first season using this tactic:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9408/leaguezx2.jpg

My TM continued doing the business. He got top scorer, top assists, most MOMs and highest average rating for the premiership. Coupled with several awards, all in all not a bad season for him:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2354/tmfr5.jpg

We also won the Uefa cup, the stats suggest we were lucky but it didnt feel that way when I was watching the game:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3498/uefasv6.jpg

The upcoming season I've only added one first-teamer at left-back so am hopeful for another successful year with a ready-gelled squad.

Thank for the tactic, good stuff!

I captured the UEFA Cup first also, so hang in there. You've got the right idea by not signing loads of players this time as you were not that far away.

In the UEFA Cup Final, the stats show Fenerbache as the better team but Tottenham won it 4-0!

Guest Noel230

I must say this tactic really works. Great job, Andy. I'm managing Lincoln City, starting in League Two. Finished 2nd in the first season (by goal difference icon_mad.gif). Finished 5th in League One the following season, qualifying for the play-offs.

I noticed this tactic is awesome when you are clear underdogs. Beat Tottenham in my second season 2-0 in FA Cup and managed to hammer Portsmouth (Championship) 8-0 in the League Cup!

Well have just finished my 1st season with Liverpool. Finished 2nd in the prem 5 points behind arsenal. But managed to beat Arsenal in the Champions Leauge Final 1-0. All in all its a pretty good tactic will add probably 2 more players to my squad and see how we fair in the 2nd season. Will keep you posted.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bloody PC crashed 12 games into my Ajax game so i'm going to have to start it again!

I think your going to have to invest in a new pc!

As the thread grows it becomes harder to find a download link, so here's a new link which should be near the top of the page and so easier to see.

DOWNLOAD AVAILIBLE HERE... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for that, I hate having to wade through pages and pages of stuff just to find the latest download link.

BTW I'm in my first year of Nottm Forest and I'm still topping the ladder but I either think it's despite of my skills as a tactician rather than because of it, or that my team should and could be dominating a bit more (i have a **** poor goal difference).

BTW I'm in my first year of Nottm Forest and I'm still topping the ladder but I either think it's despite of my skills as a tactician rather than because of it, or that my team should and could be dominating a bit more (i have a **** poor goal difference).

I think someone else has already taken Nottm Forest to the EPL so it should work. Possibly take a look at the pace of your defence if you are conceding to many.

Andy going back a few pages in this thread, You say that you drop the defensive line to 10 when your fav to win, Do you do that when home and away and when your just fav or massive fav if that makes sense.

This was something i suggested that you can do if you feel you are not breaking teams down that you feel you should. But with all the competitions i won i did so WITHOUT reducing the D-L at all.

OK Update time and a observation.

I am now at April 1st in the second season and I am still top and three points clear I have just beat Watford 5 - 2 but before that lost two on the bounce against Man Utd away (1 - 0) and Chelsea away (2 - 0).

But here is my observation I have 8 first teamers out at the moment and have had to bring in reserves all of which are up for sale and we are still playing well even the players I am trying to get rid of.

So here is a question is this down to the team being gelled? I mean the transfer listed players have no confidence or are these players playing out of their skin just to impress and get the move away.

Any ideas because my second idea I have not seen happen before on this game.

OK Update time and a observation.

I am now at April 1st in the second season and I am still top and three points clear I have just beat Watford 5 - 2 but before that lost two on the bounce against Man Utd away (1 - 0) and Chelsea away (2 - 0).

But here is my observation I have 8 first teamers out at the moment and have had to bring in reserves all of which are up for sale and we are still playing well even the players I am trying to get rid of.

So here is a question is this down to the team being gelled? I mean the transfer listed players have no confidence or are these players playing out of their skin just to impress and get the move away.

Any ideas because my second idea I have not seen happen before on this game.

I have noticed this also, it appears that when the team is winning it takes some stopping no matter who you put in. Your right though, these players should not have the same desire.

Originally posted by dempseyslob:

Crazy whats the thinking behind switching from the first to the updated tactic at the start of each new season.

dempseyslob: the reason I change each season although I can't prove it, is that it seems to me that AI picks up on the formation you are using and teaches itself the best way to play against you. I feel that with small tweaks either in the formation itself or even in the tactic name seems to work for me anyway.

I have just started a new game with Swansea. For the first season as I have a decent TM I will play with andysafc's version 1 as is. If I decide to use a TM in season two I will then switch to andsafc's v2. I really don't like to play with a TM so I have a tweaked version of andysafc's tactic that I will use after I bring in a couple of players. Every season after that I will change to a different (slightly tweaked) version of this same tactic. It is identical in formation and once built I never tweak just as andsafc indicated.

For me the best indication if a tactic is really working is to check "use tactic" for your reserve and youth team. I do not control the team and have never finished outside the top 3 in either league in over 10 seasons with these tactcs.

Hey.

Currently in March 2010 with my West Brom side, after getting promoted in the first season, finishing a respectable 14th in my first season in the premiership and then 10th in the next season. But this season its all just gone very wrong, my players just stopped playing and I find myself bottom of the pile with 9 games to go. I need something new so am going to be trying this tactic and posting my results. Got a good quick defence and two awesome target men in Luca Toni and Iversen, but am going to choose Luca Toni as the main TM.

Will post my results, heres to hoping I stay up!

Cheers.

Guest shearjoy

finished 2nd with nufc 1st season, won uefa cup, 2nd season won the league,supercup,charity sheild 3rd season getting hammered but got some new players best tactic i have used so far many thanks

finished 2nd with nufc 1st season, won uefa cup, 2nd season won the league,supercup,charity sheild 3rd season getting hammered but got some new players best tactic i have used so far many thanks

May have been used with the enermy but i can't argue against the success it bought them nor the compliment given. Cheers icon_wink.gif

Archived