A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

just had my worst result plaing this tactic arsenal 7-4 birmingham my defence has more or less give up on trying to keep things out.although im still 4th ive let it 38 goals which is the same as spurs and they are second bottom.one bright spot kevin doyle who i brought in january is doing well.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for christ sake somebody help me with my defence.although ive won my last 2 games against portsmouth 3-2 and anderlecht 3-2 that 24 goals conceeded in only 9 games arrrggghhh!!

my defenders should be good enough at this level.all have the attributes needed so the only thing i can think of is my goalkeepers are *****,but foster and enyeama are 2 that should be able to play at premiership level

central defence with curtis davies ,anthony gardner,liam ridgwell,billy jones and brede hangeland all have good tacking ,pace,heading

full backs stephen kelly,stuart parnaby,franck quedrue and steven hammell are all quick good tacklers and good crossers of a ball

ive tryed to my side mostly british the only players who play regulary who are not british are zigic,johnson,haestad

any help would be great.

just lost 3-1 at home at anderlecht to crash out of the uefa cup i cant belive the defending. enyeama after this performance will never play for the club again his last 2 games he has got a 4 and then a 5 he is transfer listed and hopefully leaving the club soon.maik taylor has played one game and let in 7 against arsenal so it looks like ben foster will be my number one choice in goal.

Originally posted by kroshot:

for christ sake somebody help me with my defence.although ive won my last 2 games against portsmouth 3-2 and anderlecht 3-2 that 24 goals conceeded in only 9 games arrrggghhh!!

my defenders should be good enough at this level.all have the attributes needed so the only thing i can think of is my goalkeepers are *****,but foster and enyeama are 2 that should be able to play at premiership level

central defence with curtis davies ,anthony gardner,liam ridgwell,billy jones and brede hangeland all have good tacking ,pace,heading

full backs stephen kelly,stuart parnaby,franck quedrue and steven hammell are all quick good tacklers and good crossers of a ball

ive tryed to my side mostly british the only players who play regulary who are not british are zigic,johnson,haestad

any help would be great.

dont change keeper, let him settle.

are any of the defenders newsignings?

how do you play your midfield?

when are you conseeding, early, in the middle or late in the match?

any help would be great.

Kroshot try what i did by changing the two side ST's a AMR and AML it worked for me in my Gillingham game. I think its because the Defenders cant cope or something along those lines and for me having the AMR and AML it adds extra defense in the midfield.

Give it a go mate.

sunny-no signings were defenders.the midfield is as andy sets it up,we are conceeding goals at various times during games.my assistant manager says the team has blended well together.as for the keepers ive tried to keep a settled gk but due to internationls i have to chop and change.foster looks promising but as i said enyeama will never play for the club again

mike235110-i`ll give that a try but i thought this was a tactic you didnt have to tweak

sunny-no signings were defenders.the midfield is as andy sets it up,we are conceeding goals at various times during games.my assistant manager says the team has blended well together.as for the keepers ive tried to keep a settled gk but due to internationls i have to chop and change.foster looks promising but as i said enyeama will never play for the club again

mike235110-i`ll give that a try but i thought this was a tactic you didnt have to tweak

i ment witch players do you use in the midfield, what attributes do you consider when you use your players.

i have sucsess now in my 4th club with this tactic and i have never tweaked it, i find players to suit the tactic and work from there.

got through vs anderlecht and drew arsenal in the next round.now arsenal had beaten me twice already this season scoring 11 goals in the process so i thought i know i`ll put long farrows on the right and left fullbacks but use 2 midfielders there so they could bomb up and down the wings.tried this against arsenal in the home leg final score birmingham 4-0 arsenal.arsenal only managed 1 attempt on goal all game

So as my norwegian project continues, im now finished with my second league season. and now i was sure to win from the start of the season.

i looked good all the way. Have now won it 2 times in a row.

winnersecondyeartromspj8.th.png]

As i said my goal was to try to win with this norwegian side in europe within 5-6 years. In my first year ive managed to qualify for the groupstages in champions league.

groupstagestromsmf4.th.png]

difficult group, but im hoping of some miracles to qualify, at least for uefa cup.

wish me luck!!

So the amazing thing happened. Tromsø has qualified from the group stages, thanks to this win.

beatingvalenciaao5.th.png]

And then the group finished like this:

groupstagesfinishedtw2.th.png]

So you could say that this tactic works in norway with mostly hard working players. They usually have ecperience from the norwegian premier division.

im concentration on bringing in players from leagues like england, norway, also eastern european leagues works fine. Im not sure of the french and german players.

But were doing well!!!

carrying on from my previous post i kept the fullbacks with long farrows and it has produced some good results my only defeat in 7 games was to villa away an unlucky 2-1 defeat,i think it workas because it overloads the penalty area and because using offside you can pin teams in their own half.btw lying 2nd at the moment 3 points behind man u who i just beat 3-1.

carrying on from my previous post i kept the fullbacks with long farrows and it has produced some good results my only defeat in 7 games was to villa away an unlucky 2-1 defeat,i think it workas because it overloads the penalty area and because using offside you can pin teams in their own half.btw lying 2nd at the moment 3 points behind man u who i just beat 3-1.

It may be worthwhile saving this version (using a different name) then you can switch between the original and this one at ease when suitable.

Sunny: Milan, Valencia, Steaua and Tromso. That is a group od death if i ever saw one yet you managed to get Tromso through! Well done that man icon14.gificon_wink.gif

unbeaten 12 games! yes, this tactic is the best tactic. Interesting that all gurus doesn't comment tactical side of this formation

Is andyfc genius and all gurus are weak, or maybe it's luck that this tactic is so good? in no way it looks like a cheat tactic, so why this tactic is so good?

It seems that strong defence and attack is more important that midfield. Maybe 2 man in the midfield is so strange formation that creators didn't provide good counter tactic for it?

So I stuck with this tactic wth Norwich, producing mediocre results, and then it just clicked about 35 games into the season. Unbeaten in the last 11 games and gained promotion in second place, will report on my first season in the Premiership soon!

This tactic had got be back playing FM2007 daily again . 4 Seasons in with Spurs and England then BAM! application error , and my save game is screwed.

Is it worth starting again or is it an error that is likely to return once you get it.

Superb tactic andysafc ......only tactic so far that has made me do more than 1 season.

completed my signings for the start of my third season finished second last season so got into the champions league.

transfers 1n

david beckham

alan smith

zat knight

glenn johnson

david james

squad is now

gk

foster,james

cb gardner,davies,knight,ridgewell,campbell,hangeland

fb

b.jones,kelly,johnson,parnaby,quedrue,

cm

beckham,muamba,sidwell,s.davies,haestad

tm

zigic,e,johnson

fw

doyle,defoe,a.smith,qvist,naismith

as you can see squad is about 90% british with lots of experience

bugger an injury crisis has struck my squad forcing me to get a couple of squad players.first of all found freddy eastwood was out of contract at wolves so snapped him up,then a bad run of injuries at left back seen me sign chritian pander frrom schalke so hopefully thats my squad complete

If there was honours handed out for tactics i could be up in front of the Queen receiving mine due to the feedback received!

The theory behind the tactic is to limit the opposition to the way they play. It appears to work.

Kessien: It seemed to take a long time to kick in for Norwich, did you have a big squad? I usually use the same players week in week out, only changing for injuries etc. I find the team blends quicker.

boingboing: I would try again and if it happens again take note of when it happens. Reload again and when you get to that stage, choose manager holiday for one or two days and it should bypass the error.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">carrying on from my previous post i kept the fullbacks with long farrows and it has produced some good results my only defeat in 7 games was to villa away an unlucky 2-1 defeat,i think it workas because it overloads the penalty area and because using offside you can pin teams in their own half.btw lying 2nd at the moment 3 points behind man u who i just beat 3-1.

It may be worthwhile saving this version (using a different name) then you can switch between the original and this one at ease when suitable.

Sunny: Milan, Valencia, Steaua and Tromso. That is a group od death if i ever saw one yet you managed to get Tromso through! Well done that man icon14.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be the end of my adventure, was drawn against manure. But im confident that it wont be a turnover. I will fight to the end!!

ORIGINAL (updated)

ORIGINAL (Alternative Version)

The Alternative version is just slightly more width with the FB's have long farrows. I have been toying with putting sarrows on the two forwards also.

PLEASE NOTE: If using the alternative version i would SERIOUSLY recommend dropping the farrows around the 60 minute mark. The FB's may become to tired which could cost late goals.

hi, i used your tactic and not good for me, I have good headers in my teams E. Johnson, Mc Bride? Dahlhberg , but my team concesed many goals, you can advice for me

It is impossible to help when i don't know what country or even what team you are using. The TM looks ok, but there is more to it than that.

completed my signings for the start of my third season finished second last season so got into the champions league.

transfers 1n

david beckham

alan smith

zat knight

glenn johnson

david james

squad is now

gk

foster,james

fb

cm

tm

zigic,e,johnson

fw

Can we stop posting squad updates please, or the thread will be closed. It's happening far too often in here

transfers 1n

david beckham

alan smith

zat knight

glenn johnson

david james

squad is now

gk

foster,james

fb

cm

tm

zigic,e,johnson

fw

stop the squadnaming!!!

if this continues than it is your fault that this is getting closed.

andy-do you find that you can be playing really well then all of a sudden you get hammered for no reason.this has just happened to me only conceeded 4 goals in 8 games then travel to west ham and get beat 4-0 is their any reason for this

Yes. That happens to me also but not often so i don't see it as a problem

I repeat what sunny said, no squad naming. It would be a crime to close this thread considering it has helped so many get something from the game when they had previously given up.

kroshot: I like your idea of using long farrows on the FB's. Started using it half way through my new start in the Championship with Sunderland. I was top anyway but cemented my position now and knocked Chelsea out the FA Cup 5th Round.

This result i thought id never achieve on this game, but now in my 3rd season with tromsø i have a team who have practially been the same for 3 seasons. Only minor changes from season to season.

here is the result. 1/8 final of the champions league season 2008. remember that in norway i started in 2006 and counting a whole calenderyear as a season.

beatingmanutdfirstlegchkp6.th.png]

i hope i dont get hammered in the second leg at old trafford. anyway what a result!!

thanks a lot andysafc.

ps: if you need a tester for fm08, im there mate!

Paggioram: I put the farrows upto the half way line.

Sunny: Talk of FM08 is premature, i haven't heard of a release date other than 'before Christmas' besides you still have a job to do. The problem with Cups is that your dream can end suddenly, but they 3-0 victory over Manure doesn't surprise me. I've done against the best in Europe with Sunderland. But as i said one bad result and it's over for another season just like real life.

I'm not yet certain that i will do a version for 08 as the mods are putting me off. Yes ok, if they see something in here that shouldn't be then say so. But because of a few negatives do they not see the pages upon pages of positives?

Is it really worth destroying this for a sake of a few negatives when quite frankly there are worse things in other threads.

If i do get a good thing going with FM 08, what is the point putting it here for them to destroy?

Originally posted by andysafc:

Paggioram: I put the farrows upto the half way line.

Sunny: Talk of FM08 is premature, i haven't heard of a release date other than 'before Christmas' besides you still have a job to do. The problem with Cups is that your dream can end suddenly, but they 3-0 victory over Manure doesn't surprise me. I've done against the best in Europe with Sunderland. But as i said one bad result and it's over for another season just like real life.

I'm not yet certain that i will do a version for 08 as the mods are putting me off. Yes ok, if they see something in here that shouldn't be then say so. But because of a few negatives do they not see the pages upon pages of positives?

Is it really worth destroying this for a sake of a few negatives when quite frankly there are worse things in other threads.

If i do get a good thing going with FM 08, what is the point putting it here for them to destroy?

Maybe it all boils down to all of their theories have been neutralised. That you can achieve something without tweaking. I dont know....

All i can say is that i love what you have come up with and i hope that you will try something when fm08 comes out, but i you dont i will still be grateful to you. You have helped med in understanding more of the game and helped med enjoy it.¨

By the way i got hammered at old trafford 4-1, but got that important awaygoal to secure med a place in the quarterfinal. Little Tromsø!!!!!

Against barcelona!

But in general, thank you very much for the tactic!!

Mid-way through season three with Spurs and everything was going well. I got offered the Milan job so jumped ship, Milan were 12th in serie A and I/the tactic got them to a credible 3rd. We're currently top half-way through season 4.

I spent very big in the summer, trying Crouch as the TM, but we do seem to have gelled very quickly. We are playing well even though there are only two of the starting 11 left from when I took over.

Alas, we've been knocked out of the CL at the group stage but I think this was due to me being drunk while playing rather than any fault with the team. I was gutted after I realised, (maybe this is how Sir Alex feels!).

All in all, the tactic is still performing while managing Milan. I realise with a great squad any tactic should work, but too often that hasnt been the case for me playing this version of fm.

Hi andy mate!! Downloaded the latest tactic with the farrows on the 2 fb and it is working great!! gone from 19th to 11th with Gillingham and been producing some superb results i signed Antoine Sibierski and he has been in superb form for me. Great stats in the key areas for a TM.

When you put up the latest with the farrows you were right about taking them off after 60 mins or so. I forgot on one game i was 2 nil up against ipswich and then eventually finished 2-2. But i remember to take them off after the 60 mins mark.

Well Done for a Great tactic

andysafc: As I have mentioned before I love this tactic overall but do not like to play with a TM so I have kept your same two formations and used them each on rotating seasons but have eliminated the use of the TM. I have played and had success not only with the first team but also with my reserves and u-18 usuually winning their divisions as well. So far I have played with Aberdeen,Swansea,Lancaster, Raith Rovers, NEC Brada,Lazio and Ajax. (I kept your formation with Ajax but changed width, tempo, and passing and had the DL/DR on more forward runs). Once I have the team setup I never tweak. The only thing I will do depending on which division I am playing is decide prior to the start of the season where I will play my D-Line, after that no tweaking whatsoever. Has anyone tried the tactic in Germany, Spain, Portugal etc? I don't see why it would not work. I do believe though that this is definately one of the best tactics and can be tweaked to suit your style and level of play.

So end of my second season with this tactic as Norwich and we finished 6th in the Premiership, with Eddie Johnson as the league's top goalscorer. Absolutely ecstatic with this tactic so far andy, not had to make many tweaks at all and it's yielded amazing results quickly.

bootle: Surprised this has worked so well for Milan tbh, maybe it's because you have Crouch as TM? Not sure, but i remember earlier in the thread someone saying it didn't work with either Inter or Milan. Maybe you have proven them wrong.

Mike235110: When using the FB fwd run version always be weary. It's not fully tested yet and although it has been working be prepared to drop them early on if you come up against a team which exposes them. Other than that... well done icon14.gif

crazyscotsman: You've probably done better than me with this tactic. I have done well with several different teams but i have failed with the odd team although i think it was down to my own managerial skills than anything else.

That is why i prefer to give credit for any success to the user rather than myself. I mean look at Kassien... 6th in the EPL in his first season with Norwich. Doubt i could have done that!

Archived