A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Originally posted by ljd150:

Has anyone else had the problem of getting hammered when you get a player sent off?? no matter what i do.. if i lose a player when using this tactic i get destroyed 6-0. any advice as to what to do if you get a player sent off?????

I have had a player sent of a couple of times. I find that as long as you play with a back four and two in midfield you will do okay even win! Another tip I have found that works for me: If a players gets a straight red I fine him two weeks wages and move him to the reserves for two weeks. If it is a yellow then red, I fine him one weeks wages and to the reserves for one week.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dioufy_is_god:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

Andy- Thought I would give an update about my game with Aston Villa. If you remember, I won the EPL the first season. Season two was amazing, although i finished a disappointing 4th in the EPL. I won the League Cup, was runner-up to Man U in the FA Cup, and won the Champions League 5-0 over Arsenal. It's not as great as winning with tromso, but I am still proud of the team.

who did you sign in your first season with villa mate because that is a great achievment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first year I had a hard time signing players. I brought in Brian McBride from Fulham to be my TM. I added Jay Demerit to play DC. Then just before the first game, Eddie Johnson signed. (He scored 31 in 34 games that year.)

In the January window I signed Nedum Onouha from Man City, Armand Traore from Arsenal, and Tomas Sivok from Sparta Prague.

My best player in season two was Craig Gardner (who was already on my roster). He scored 16 and had 18 assists in the left midfield spot. I had other players with more goals, but Gardnes played the most consistently.

Ah ha - so that's what I've been doing wrong v_v

I've been going with one defensive midfielder and then another flair player. To think the answer to my problems was in my reserves

Currently Leicester, mid table in the Championship, first season. They're annoyed with me atm because I applied for the Boro job, but certainly since I switched the midfield around it' working a treat.

That is right jornada, it's always tempting to put a creative AM in there but it is to much of a burdon to expect one man to close down the midfield. Midfielders do get forward so a degree of attacking is required but the priorites are defensive then attacking.

just about to start my 4th pre season with birmingham after narrowly missing out on all trophies last year ive decided to try and bring just a couple of young kids in nuri sahin from dortmund and goran slavkovski from inter both on frees.then the board decide to give a transfer budget of £40m so i think i superstar will be joining having a look to see who i can get in.will post update later.

Hi ,

Just Finished my 1st with Bolton since I asked about what attributes were most importaint. I finished 8th in the league which was a bit dissapointing. I did sell Anelka though to make some extra funds.

My home form was excellent losing only once all season beating Man u , Chelsea , Liverpool. But my away form was terrible

away.jpg

Never tweaked or changed anything before the away matches , don't now if any of you do.

Going to start pre season now and hopefully sort the away day blues out.

Powello: If this is the first time using this tactic i would recommend using a team atleast two divisions higher than where Dorchester are. I think the lower leagues are the hardest because more teams play direct/long football so it's slightly harder to stop as you don't have the skills required.

kroshot: I'm doubtfull of those players you named and with more signings to follow? Your not going to hit that consistancy required to win a title, although i'll be delighted if you prove me wrong!

boingboing: I agree that 8th is disappointing, not sure why it effected your away form only. Let us know how it goes this time.

Well in my opinion best tactic on football manager 2007 here are 2 screenshots with aston villa first season

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villa1seasonuc4.jpg

great achievment couldnt ask for much mor more really but i also win this

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cupfinalpg7.jpg

andy i would like to thank you for your tactic i wish i was as good as you at creating tactics also i would like to thank sunny your post have also been a great help

Powello: I hope you do prove me wrong! I've tried it at all levels and i found the lower you went the harder it got, it IS still possible though because if you go right back to the 1st page of this thread i won the League with Workington, but admittedly i struggled to do any further.

dioufy_is_god: Always nice to read feedback like that but as i've said often - the credit belongs to YOU. You deserve that after winning the League and Cup double in your 1st season with a team outside the big 4.

Special thanks goes to sunny. Credit may go to me for creating the tactic but sunny deserves credit for ENHANCING it. Anyone who seriously wants to get the very best out of this tactic should read his player attribute guide on the last page.

I just started a new game with Sunderland in the Championship sticking as closely as possible to his advice and 15 games into the season and i remain unbeaton.

Going well so far mate.

Played 6:

Won 3

Drawn 2

Lost 1

Hopefully it shall continue

Your problem could kick in around the 3 month mark. I use Matt's Training but you can't do that with part timers. Unless you have a P/T Training set up?

Great i'll look forward to that lol. I don't really use training tbh, I will though next season, i'm gonna see how they cope. I've just lost my TM and my main striker so problems might start now as I don't have good back up

Originally posted by andysafc:

Powello: I hope you do prove me wrong! I've tried it at all levels and i found the lower you went the harder it got, it IS still possible though because if you go right back to the 1st page of this thread i won the League with Workington, but admittedly i struggled to do any further.

dioufy_is_god: Always nice to read feedback like that but as i've said often - the credit belongs to YOU. You deserve that after winning the League and Cup double in your 1st season with a team outside the big 4.

Special thanks goes to sunny. Credit may go to me for creating the tactic but sunny deserves credit for ENHANCING it. Anyone who seriously wants to get the very best out of this tactic should read his player attribute guide on the last page.

I just started a new game with Sunderland in the Championship sticking as closely as possible to his advice and 15 games into the season and i remain unbeaton.

I have just written down what y thoughts on the tactic and tactic setup was. If it can helps other its fantastic.

Im going for another project to now. Try to get Wrexham to the premiership as soon as possible.

Boingboing: Could be some factors to it

- Whats your training like.

- How many players did you buy and use in the first season.

In my Tromsø save my players are ready to bleed for another and the club so it takes time and the right players.

Kroshot: Why dont use the players you got and let them blend even more together the following season?

I was lying around the bottom of the table until I figured out the midfield problem, then started climbing the league table. Beaten only once at home and just twice away when it started working (lost 10 away overall) and ended up finishing second on the final day.

Also won the FA Cup, beating Man Utd, Arsenal, Wets Ham and then Villa to clinch it.

Was given a 13m warchest in the summer, and have been careful not to go silly. the defence is already sorted, but I needed a new goalkeeper and some better midfielders, so in came Barbosa, Beckham (yes, you read that correctly) and Fae from Reading.

The front line is looking poor indeed, Eddie Johnson is perhaps the only highlight, but I;ve just signed Lavezzi to bolster it a bit.

just a question i no you say restrict your buy because you have to let your team gel if i bought 6 or 7 youngster would that effect the team even though they will be going into the under 18s

No that won't effect the 1st team squad at all unless you were to promote them together.

I was lying around the bottom of the table until I figured out the midfield problem, then started climbing the league table. Beaten only once at home and just twice away when it started working (lost 10 away overall) and ended up finishing second on the final day.

Also won the FA Cup, beating Man Utd, Arsenal, Wets Ham and then Villa to clinch it.

Was given a 13m warchest in the summer, and have been careful not to go silly. the defence is already sorted, but I needed a new goalkeeper and some better midfielders, so in came Barbosa, Beckham (yes, you read that correctly) and Fae from Reading.

The front line is looking poor indeed, Eddie Johnson is perhaps the only highlight, but I;ve just signed Lavezzi

Without trying to damping your spirits after gaining promotion and winning the Cup with Leicester, but some of those signings are going to give you problems.

Beckham is going to leave your midfield exposed defensively and forgeiners are a miss more than a hit with this tactic.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was lying around the bottom of the table until I figured out the midfield problem, then started climbing the league table. Beaten only once at home and just twice away when it started working (lost 10 away overall) and ended up finishing second on the final day.

The front line is looking poor indeed, Eddie Johnson is perhaps the only highlight, but I;ve just signed Lavezzi

Without trying to damping your spirits after gaining promotion and winning the Cup with Leicester, but some of those signings are going to give you problems.

Beckham is going to leave your midfield exposed defensively and forgeiners are a miss more than a hit with this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree here. Beckham wont suit this tactic and i would never have an argentinian in my front line.

Hmm, that's interesting. Beckham has high aggresiveness, workrate, decisions, stamina and of course passing, which fits into the mould for my liking.

Lavezzi is more of a sto-gap until I get more funds; he's currently the best forward at the club as, past the first three, I'm down to the youth team.

He also scored the only goal against Sunderland in our first league game, assisted by you know who icon_razz.gif

Becks was also brilliant against Arsenal in the Community Shield, demolishing them 4-1.

But anyways, thanks for the observations, I'll keep it in mind and report back with any findings.

OK Update time I just finished my season which was season three again no joy in the league cup or the FA cup but did make the quarter finals which is my best so far and the league form dropped off but I did manage to rescue some pride by finishing fourth.

squadwi0.th.jpg]Squad[/url]

leaguejt1.th.jpg]League[/url]

So all in all another really good season for the Rams different from real life.

Oh yeah before I forget and did I mention that we are also now the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!

clfinalby5.th.jpg]Final vs Liverpool[/url]

proudnd8.th.jpg]Historic[/url]

I know you say you do not want praise for this Andy but you are getting it because you created something to kick start us back up and remind us all that this game can be fun again. In some of the forums it states that you have to tinker to be a sucseed just like real life well you know what this whole tactic and thread are spot on and returns this game to being a enjoyable again yes you win things but it is still a challenge because if you make a mistake with your team selection or team talks you will fail with this. Also NOT all real managers who wins things tinker sometimes they only have one formation and it is upto the manager to make it work.

I thank you again Andy.

jornada: Wer're not douting Beckhams talents and certainly from an attacking point of view he has the ability to provide that killer throughball. But as this tactic only uses two midfielders it is important that they both work hard to win over the midfield.

But i'm always prepared to listen and learn, so if you've got something thats different and working then keep us informed. icon14.gif

Paggioram: Yet another European Cup success and yet another 4th EPL finish at the same time.

Paggioram and dioufy thanks for your praise. It may be true that to be realistic you should adapt in each match to succeed, but that just became frustration for me and took the enjoyment away. I see this as a football management GAME and for me that should mainly be about buying and selling players and team selection.

In many ways this tactic has enabled people to concentrate on that.

Originally posted by jornada:

Hmm, that's interesting. Beckham has high aggresiveness, workrate, decisions, stamina and of course passing, which fits into the mould for my liking.

Lavezzi is more of a sto-gap until I get more funds; he's currently the best forward at the club as, past the first three, I'm down to the youth team.

He also scored the only goal against Sunderland in our first league game, assisted by you know who icon_razz.gif

Becks was also brilliant against Arsenal in the Community Shield, demolishing them 4-1.

But anyways, thanks for the observations, I'll keep it in mind and report back with any findings.

My problem with beckham was that either he wasnt in the box when i attacked or he was to late when i needed to defend.

But if you manage to fit him in your team, then he will play well, i have no doubt about it.

You know what I am going to test a theory for Season four and that is to win both the league and the European Cup.

I do not believe it is all down to re-ranking but I think it could be down to tiredness and confidence and stuff and this sets up the idea of rotation.

I have decided after looking at my squad I needed two players to make this work so in comes. Haested and Zigic.

I can't help thinking that the key to this formation is that we need to keep the midfielders and the target man fresh. Also if possible the strikers but to do this we need to be able to double up.

So here we go I started before I choose who to buy was to evaluate the team and I feel that as a minimum the GK, CD's and maybe even FB's should stay the same as I think they need to have a fantastic understanding at a push you could rotate the FB's.

Now where I think the issues lie.

Midfield - I am looking at having 4 players who can play this role so that you can then switch it one for one. So for this role I have

David Jones

Haested

Benny Feilharber

Matt Richards.

But if things get really desperate I also have.

Leon Osman

Owen Garven

OK next up Targetman - I have three players who can play this role and offering a different style of targetman.

Zigic - Real life tall and technical TM

Iversen - Skillful on the floor and capable in the air.

Carew - A mix of the two

I would use I think Zigic in Prem and Iversen in League.

Finally Strikers where i have four more than capable options who can be rotated.

Eddie Johnson

Coco

Landon Donovan

John Carew

I will try and base any changes on when fitness levels drop to low 90's I think and will always change when players can't get around a weeks rest.

I think this formation is more than capable of Winning the lot and that it is not Re-Ranking. However the other problem might be not being able to compete with the BIG clubs quality.

I will of cause keep you all informed how the season progresses.

Hey guys just got in from work, straight back onto fm. I thought I would give you all an update. Well Andsafc, you were almost spot on, I started to have problems from November. I am currently 2nd after 26 games, not too bad you might think given my resources but I am 10 points behind where once I was ahead by one. But I've decided if I don't get promoted then its not too bad as my team doesn't have the finances to survive playing higher up just yet. But I have do say I love the tactic but just as you said before, I don't have the players to get the best out of it.

But I've decided if I don't get promoted then its not too bad as my team doesn't have the finances to survive playing higher up just yet

Have you done the obvious thing first? Like set up a parent club?

This will bring £20,000 per season + a friendly + they pay the wages on any players you loan from them!

Have you done the obvious thing first? Like set up a parent club?

This will bring £20,000 per season + a friendly + they pay the wages on any players you loan from them!

Yes mate I have, I have Portsmouth as my parent club. Unfortunatly none of there players will come to me on loan, even players in the youth team. Thats probably cause I'm an unproven manager thouuh. Currently have about 30k in the bank which is rising by about 1k a month so money is coming in, all be it, not a lot but its a start.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not going on the defensive or anything icon_biggrin.gif

As it happens, he's playing really well. I've got him as the more defensive of the two as I don't want him dribbling or running forward too much, instead just sitting back and passing the ball.

Lavezzi is doing good too, I'm up to November and there's so sign of any whinging yet icon_biggrin.gif

Currently sitting 10th; unbeaten at home (2 wins from 6) and some patchy yet unconcerning away form.

thank you so much andy as a leeds fan my life has been crap for 3 years

not anymore ok yes i didnt manage leeds surprisingly

i instead opted for our village team called farsley celtic ( in real life now the conference welldone guys)

i also got them promoted in 1st place in the conference north

thank you so much

but my problem might be finace for the next season

Al Bundy & englandmanager: Good to see the tactic works for new as well as established users. Farsley Celtic are not one of the obvious contenders for promotion so thats good work but this tactic is no magic wand. Next season will be really difficult for you. Keep us informed...

Originally posted by englandmanager:

thank you so much andy as a leeds fan my life has been crap for 3 years

not anymore ok yes i didnt manage leeds surprisingly

i instead opted for our village team called farsley celtic ( in real life now the conference welldone guys)

i also got them promoted in 1st place in the conference north

thank you so much

but my problem might be finace for the next season

I played with Leeds and brought in 3 youngsters for next to nothing: Kleven - Keeper, Dalle Valle - AM/FC & Mravac - DRC. All turned out to be fantastic and the first two were in the first team at age 16.

Got to say by far the best as far as I'm concerned, I decided to manage Scarborough, struggled with other tactics, but this this one has steadied the boat somewhat. Its not perfect but thats down to me not having the right players.

I'm struggling to attract half decent players to my squad which is a bit of a downer.

I've got no money so I can only get freebies but they don't want to know.

England Manager

I found a decent way of getting extra coffers in is by arranging your friendlies, and playing at home. This is of course at the start of the season

Not leaving it to your assistant, I managed to get Brum, Blades, Wigan and some other half decent team and got £50,000 each time, which has somewhat helped reduce me being in the red.

But good on you andysafc it is nice not to have to keep having to tweak

blade111: That is why i usually ask people who are trying the tactic for the first time to choose a team 2 or 3 Divisions higher. Just to get some confidence and see that the tactic works before jumping in at the deep end. Having said that your all doing quite well.

Hey guys I'm back

So just finished my first season with Dorchester. I finished as runners up and I managed to win thee playoff final on penalties so will be playing conference football next season.

It has been a hard fought season, for which I have to thank Andysafc, cause wwithout your excellent tactic I wouldn't have managed this feat.

Im no dreading next season. With the opposition much better we shall see iff my players cope.

Good neews is I have money coming in rather well now as the fans are piling in to watch.

Cheers again Andysafc, lets see what happens in the new season

Originally posted by kroshot:

oh ****,**** and **** again i cant belive this.just about to sign bodmer and my game keeps crashing ,just when ive assembled my best side with birmingham,what the hell do i have to do to win anything even my computer is against me.time to start again.

Get a USB pen mate and save your game on there, sounds like with the problems you have that your hard drive is on the way out or keeps saving to a bad segment. £6 tesco will give you a 2gig which will store loads of saves.

Originally posted by kroshot:

oh ****,**** and **** again i cant belive this.just about to sign bodmer and my game keeps crashing

Noticed before how you said you were about to start season 4 . If your game kereps crashing on the 1st of July 2009 , as mine did. I found there was a problem with the weegie update I was using.

Archived