A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to show you that it can be done with minimum purchases or just free transfers.

Playing Wrexham and they dont have a lot of funds. Must rely on free transfers or the ones who are already there.

halftablewrexhamdy1.th.png]

The problem when you start with a team in the lower divisions, is that you have to work with the team all the time.

The players that you got in division league two is not good enough, so straight promotions is difficult.

Coming 4th with Sunderland, was doing better but fell away lately, maybe the tactic is getting cracked? Should I change to another tactic for another game, I have got some good signings in: Eddie Johnson (machine), Esposito, Garay, Custodio (loan), Ghaly (loan) Rodriguez (great young defender), Cesar Delgado and Gera. Not sure if I should change tactic, it was doing really well and now I have had a few lucky draws. I just find it weird I beat man utd, then lose to birmingham 3-0, then beat top team Liverpool. Very strange.

Coming 4th with Sunderland, was doing better but fell away lately, maybe the tactic is getting cracked? Should I change to another tactic for another game, I have got some good signings in: Eddie Johnson (machine), Esposito, Garay, Custodio (loan), Ghaly (loan) Rodriguez (great young defender), Cesar Delgado and Gera. Not sure if I should change tactic, it was doing really well and now I have had a few lucky draws. I just find it weird I beat man utd, then lose to birmingham 3-0, then beat top team Liverpool. Very strange.

Your inconsistancy is down to two reasons.

1) Too many signings together. You can get away with one or two new players but anymore than 3 or 4 will cause inconsistancy until the team gels.

2) Certain foreingers don't work well with this tactic. Look at sunny's player requirement guide on the last page because a player who looks brilliant may not nessasarily work.

Quick update

You can not add the European Supper Cup to Derby's trophy cabinet after a 2 - 0 win again Bremen.

League not much to report except played one and lost one which was Away at Man Utd and lost 2 - 0.

Next up Sunderland Away and I really need to win or I will be seriously adrift in the league already!

started again as birmingham made a few signings because the squad is not that good not expecting too much in the first season as the team will need to gel

players in

de jong 2.2m

haestad 2m

zigic 6m

iversen 1m

demel 3m

hangeland 1m

pander 1.6m

speed 250k

Well, Beckham's out injured, so I've got Blasi and Fae running the midfield at the moment. Some of youngsters look incredible, I've got two forwards playing back-up at the moment to Fryat and Lavezzi.

Anyways, main reason for my post is to update the situation. I'm in March 2008 and, since January, alot of my league fixtures have been bunched up so I've got a fair few injuries. League form has been patchy although the Walker's is our stranglehold, losing just twice.

Just as I thought the season's highlight, besides the Community Shield win, would be staying up, a side thrown together for the UEFA Cup 2nd round against Sporting wins 4-0 at the Walkers and 1-0 away icon_biggrin.gif

I'd happily take 14th place and the UEFA Cup, cheers icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jornada:

Well, Beckham's out injured, so I've got Blasi and Fae running the midfield at the moment. Some of youngsters look incredible, I've got two forwards playing back-up at the moment to Fryat and Lavezzi.

Anyways, main reason for my post is to update the situation. I'm in March 2008 and, since January, alot of my league fixtures have been bunched up so I've got a fair few injuries. League form has been patchy although the Walker's is our stranglehold, losing just twice.

Just as I thought the season's highlight, besides the Community Shield win, would be staying up, a side thrown together for the UEFA Cup 2nd round against Sporting wins 4-0 at the Walkers and 1-0 away icon_biggrin.gif

I'd happily take 14th place and the UEFA Cup, cheers icon_biggrin.gif

I had a similiar situation with my Coventry team. As I use the same formation with my reserves and youth team I easily found players to cover for the injured.

Just curious if anyone else has been playing this formation without the TM?

Originally posted by andysafc:

Nice one Paggioram for adding the European Super Cup. Sunny do you have any targets for how far you could take Wrexham?

Not really set a goal yet, but im hoping for consecutive promotions.

But that needs hard work and i have to take a look at the squad at all times. Because the the that gets promoted from league two, does not make promote from league one.

Ill keep you all posted and give updates on my thoughts on this.

I think this could be a good test for the tactic

kroshot: Paggioram is right, no player prices as we don't want the mods on our back again.

boingboing: I always let my Ass Man do the teamtalks but just now in my Woking game i was around the bottom six and i couldn't understand why. I know i had a poor squad and not a penny to spend but i still thought they should do better. I then started doing the teamtalks myself and saw a massive impovement, so much so that i sacked by Ass Man.

So, if you have a suitable AssMan let him do it, if not do it yourself or find a one!

Most times i comment in the media before a game.

Usually it's either 'warn against complacancy' or 'we can win this if we are at our best' depending on who we are playing.

Not really set a goal yet, but im hoping for consecutive promotions

If you achieve this with Wrexham then your better than me icon_wink.gif i've heard other people doing it but i think back to back promotions are much harder now and require alot of management skill.

Afternoon all!!

Andysafc you were right, the step up in leagues seems too much for my squad to handle. 3 games in 2 draws and a loss. But getting outplayed in everygame, just about managing to hold on.

But I have bought in some new players som they might need some time to gel with the rest of the lads.

Cambridge City

Still top of the league but only by a point.

Got about 16 games to go.

Target man has scored a few but got 2 pacey forwards playing off him, that are banging goals in.

Hoping to pick up a couple of new centre backs at end of season but am deep in financial trouble (due to having to sign quick CB's).

Tactic is a revelation though really, never done this well without tweaking EVERY game (gets so tedious after a while).

Cambridge City

Still top of the league but only by a point.

Got about 16 games to go.

Target man has scored a few but got 2 pacey forwards playing off him, that are banging goals in.

Hoping to pick up a couple of new centre backs at end of season but am deep in financial trouble (due to having to sign quick CB's).

Tactic is a revelation though really, never done this well without tweaking EVERY game (gets so tedious after a while).

Trust me mate, after you get promoted it gets really difficult. Im now in conference with Dorchester and I'm struggling

Well done jornada, it just seems to get better and better - winning the UEFA Cup with Leicester!

danderby1981, hopefully you'll hang in there and get promoted but i think you'll probably find your financial problem will get worse even if you go up.

danderby1981, hopefully you'll hang in there and get promoted but i think you'll probably find your financial problem will get worse even if you go up.

Too true, I've been lucky because I have a good stadium capacity and now the moneys rolling in. Ive found best thing to do is get some friendlies against some championship teams at home, always helps.

I set up a tournament and made 250k. Got derby, leeds and some other team, can't remember who, to play

oh dear what a terrible to start played 6 won 1 drew 1 lost 4 and conceeded 16 goals.,granted ive played man u,chelsea,and liverpool but then again i did let in 5 against sunderland in a 5-4 defeat.scoring is not a problem keeping them outs is.any tips to stop the rot.

Originally posted by kroshot:

oh dear what a terrible to start played 6 won 1 drew 1 lost 4 and conceeded 16 goals.,granted ive played man u,chelsea,and liverpool but then again i did let in 5 against sunderland in a 5-4 defeat.scoring is not a problem keeping them outs is.any tips to stop the rot.

The biggest thing I found is that as you start climbing up through the leagues and coming up against superior opposition you need to be either grooming players in your youth system/reserves to play the system you are using. For example: DL/DR work a lot better if they are left footed for DL etc.

You signed NINE new players, i think it's going to be awhile before they all settle in.

Hey Andy,

Just picked up the tactic last night and have to say it does what it says on the tin. While I have my hairy moments with the opposition battering me we don't seem to concede many at all and the direct style creates lots of chances.

The only problem I seem to have is scoring. I accept as a title contender I'm gonna have to break down defensive systems and this tactic wasn't really designed for a flying-high atletico madrid team, but I can't help but use it as it works so well.

It's still early days though and I'm only just starting to get more goals from the tactic (just passed the six-games barrier!). Only tweaks I do are lower the tempo a bit to make sure some of those heaps of shots go in and if the team is being especially defensive I'll drop the d-line back to normal.

My forward line at the moment is Toni as the targetman with Aguero on the right and Villa on the left so I can't really say I'm lacking class up front.

Cheers though, working a treat thus far, I'll let you know how I go on.

Just an update... I've played three more games, won all three, no goals conceded but I was still having the same problem in front of goal until I beat Real Sociedad 4-0 in my last match.

All I did was leave d-line the same but brought passing down until it was mixed and tempo down to the slow side of normal... hey, hey the goals start raining in!

Still looks the goods this tactic, no-one can seem to work out how to get past my wall of five defenders and if I've now got goals as well I could be unstoppable (cue evil laugh!)

Seriously dude I'm loving this tactic so far, I'll let you know how I get on when I play the big boys like Valencia and Real.

Originally posted by Keakiwi:

Just an update... I've played three more games, won all three, no goals conceded but I was still having the same problem in front of goal until I beat Real Sociedad 4-0 in my last match.

All I did was leave d-line the same but brought passing down until it was mixed and tempo down to the slow side of normal... hey, hey the goals start raining in!

Still looks the goods this tactic, no-one can seem to work out how to get past my wall of five defenders and if I've now got goals as well I could be unstoppable (cue evil laugh!)

Seriously dude I'm loving this tactic so far, I'll let you know how I get on when I play the big boys like Valencia and Real.

I am surprised that it works in spain, but i you could obtain sucsess then ill hail you with all my hart!!! icon14.gificon14.gif

Originally posted by kroshot:

youve done the same problem again, you should start slowly.

Max 3 signings each season. At least for the EPL who is so hard to compete in.

Hey guys, I just wanna show you my current team with Sunderland, coming 5th but lost a few games I should have won, I probably signed too many people but do I need work anywhere? I was thinking maybe a better central mid and a defender or 2. I think my forward setup is pretty good at the moment

Thanks

myteamdw0.th.jpg

Hey you all!

Im in here to give you an update on the wrexham game. Here hows the season went:

championsleaguetwoqd8.th.png]

Ive had problems all season, because i had to work with the squad all the time. I was lying around playoff place all season and the tactic was kicking in when i got this player in:

goodmidfielderdq6.th.png]

Regarding this experience i would say that you defently need to check your search for players.

This is a player who i got from a 3rd division side from Norway and it shows that you dont need the most expenscive player to get a good team. And again i must say that the Midfielder positions are the Most Important positions regarding this tactic.

PS: If your midfielder has good overall mental attributes then you have a good player.

The only problem I seem to have is scoring. I accept as a title contender I'm gonna have to break down defensive systems and this tactic wasn't really designed for a flying-high atletico madrid team, but I can't help but use it as it works so well.

It's still early days though and I'm only just starting to get more goals from the tactic (just passed the six-games barrier!). Only tweaks I do are lower the tempo a bit to make sure some of those heaps of shots go in and if the team is being especially defensive I'll drop the d-line back to normal.

keakiwi: This could be worth thinking about. In the Championship with Sunderland i've noticed that the games i lost is mostly due to teams nearer the bottom. It is certainly worth trying to slow things down and control the game when playing a team from the bottom 6.

CenaJohnno:: Maybe when you say you lost some games you should have won, could that be because of what i've said above.

Al Bundy: You are right. To get things at there most effectively, use with Matt's Training.

Sunny: Now your hard work starts mate. I for one will be interested in how you can manage next season.

Hey guys,

Now midway through second season with Dorchester in Conference national. Not doing too bad really!!

Pos 17th

Played 26

Won 10

Drawn 4

Lost 12

Am now 8 pts clear of relelgation so am quite happy.

Only problem is my strikers couldn't score in a brothel. Anyone got any ideas how I can fix it without bringing in new faces.

Oh also come on England!!!!!

Guys,

After having reading this thread, i decided to start a game unemployed with 4 different countries. I cheated a little by saying that i was an ex international footballer, but i was still suprised when Leicester offered me a job.

Anyway, after going over the thread again, i decided that i needed some midfielders and strikers. Managed to sign Sean Davis from Portsmouth (good signing), Marc Nygard from QPR (good TM) and Francis Jeffers.

Started off great guns walking away with the championship, when the inevitable happened, i could not score for toffee. Stuck with it though.

Then i read Sunny's post about relative attributes for each position, escpecially the midfield duo. Had a tinker and it started to get better. Currently at the end of the january transfer window having signed a couple of backup midfielders and Armand Traoe (sp?) from Arsenal. They went straight into the reserves in training for next season. Am laying in 5th position hoping waiting for players to get back from injury to mount a last ditch offensive for promotion.

My question is this. There seems to be 3 maybe 4 different versions of the tactic. The one on page 1 and then 2 updated ones on page 13 (i think). What are the main differences between the three?

Also it has been mentioned that out of the two midfielders one should be slightly attacking. Is this still the case with the updated versions and if so which one is which?

Many thanks for getting me back into this without the constant tinkering... icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Al Bundy:

What people forget sometimes:

THIS TACTIC + Matt's training = icon14.gif

It's the difference between semifinals and winning.

P.S. I just love how targetman becomes crazy with this tactic. icon_biggrin.gif

can anyone tell me an idiots guide how to download training and install to my game please chaps icon14.gif

First of all use the download link on Page 3, then you need to use WinZip or Extract the files to the path given below.

Installing Training

Training goes in the C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\training folder and NOT C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\data\training

Archived