A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

it's very good tactic for low level teams. Hovewer, on international level, it's very hard to repeat such a success.

I've played Poland vs Holland and for test i've replayed match 6 times to win. The key was to cover wingers in "opponent instruction". Without it it was impossible to even draw.

Tt seems that "Opponent instruction" are very important, more important than team talk.

How do you set it?

I disagree marx, with the USA i went 16 games unbeaton winning 10 games in a row.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it's very good tactic for low level teams. Hovewer, on international level, it's very hard to repeat such a success.

I've played Poland vs Holland and for test i've replayed match 6 times to win. The key was to cover wingers in "opponent instruction". Without it it was impossible to even draw.

Tt seems that "Opponent instruction" are very important, more important than team talk.

How do you set it?

I disagree marx, with the USA i went 16 games unbeaton winning 10 games in a row. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree to marx. I brought switzerland to the world cup play offs in South Africa, so it is possible with international teams as well.

It's unbelievable what can be done with this setup.

I decided to give it a go and thought I'd find a really weak team to try and turn around. Picked Elgin City, currently bottom of the Scottish 3rd Div. IRL.

With no transfer funds, I couldn't do a lot in season 1, so I picked up a couple of frees and thought I'd just coast through a season, trying to get as far away from relegation as possible.

I'm amazed how well it went. It was quite apparent that I was suffering from a lack of individual skills all around the pitch, but the team worked so well together as a unit that we started picking up regular points, mainly from 1-0 wins and plenty of draws. I really couldn't believe it when, by halfway through the season, we were sitting at the top of the 3rd division! From there it just got better. My squad starting finding the net a little more and we basically romped home to take the title at the first attempt!

I am now in my second year at the club and have pretty much replaced my whole squad, with exception of maybe four players who I feel can cut it at the next level.

So far, this season looks even more promising than the last! I've now played 7 in the league and have won 5, drawn 1, lost 1. All this after the bookies gave us no chance of survival. We are scoring goals by the sackful and dominating our opposition in every match. We now fear no one!

I'm sure that I've found the PERFECT target man. I won't name him, but he has great stats in Heading, Bravery, Teamwork, Work rate, Jumping, Pace, Stamina & Strength and is also 6'2". He's been MOM 5 times already, has scored 8 in 10 games (all comps), assisted 4, has a rating of 8.20 and has been player of the month both times. He is probably the best player I have ever had in any CM/FM game.

I'll update how things go later, but I just wanted to say that everyone should try this tactic (let it run for half a season at least) if you need some help with picking up points.

Thanks andyafc icon14.gif

Hello everyone.

Halfway through the championship and things are going pretty well. I cant complain. Heres how the table looks:

halftablechampionshipwrcs9.th.png]

What i really want to show is that it is possible to gain sucsess and promotions every year.

And the most important thing that im learning her is:

1: The midfield needs to work together. I prefer a set of 2 hardworking midfielders rather than one hardworker and a playmaker.

2: Blend, Blend, Blend! The team needs blending. That is the number one key to gain sucsess. I know that it can be difficult when you start in the lower divisions, but if you can do that than you are on the run.

Will show you if i can get promoted!

Originally posted by Al Bundy:

Small tip:

I've found if I play one halftime with one targetman and he doesnt score or is "graded" by 6/7 then I substitute him with another targetman and he scores in 80% of time.

I wholeheartedly agree with this theory, basically I have Toni as the starting guy but if he is losing a fair amount of his headers, on comes Zigic and bang, the whole game changes.

Still this is the best tactic I've used in this game, it works, you have to have the right players but it really does work.

Most impressive results so far was a 6-0 thumping of Barcelona in the Spanish Cup, despite the fact they had twice the shots of me! I also beat Chelsea 3-0 at home and 3-0 away in the Champions League semi-finals, comfortable wins.

Gonna stick with it next season and see whether it can get through a whole year as impressively as it started. What would anyone think of having Haested as the left central midfielder? That's the only problem position for me so far.

Andy, you've excelled mate, brilliant tactic, struggles against some of the more defensive formations but if you stick with it eventually you get the goal your play deserves.

Originally posted by kennec:

can this tactic be played with no heading target men? i have taken over an decent team with no money and they have an targetmen with jumping 12 and heading 15, altough hes pretty fast and have good flair.

Kennec: If you read through the earlier posts you will see that I have had plenty of success with various teams using this formation but with no TM. I hate playing with one as for me it make the team play too one dimensional. I much prefer a speedy striker. The first time I tried it i used Andysafc's formation just deleting all reference in the team and player instructions to the TM for ball distribution etc.

Over time I have played with the formation a little and I now keep the same settings but play more of a 5-2-2-1. I have pulled the two outside strikers out of the box and lower than the striker and made them more traditional wingers. I also much prefer to play with two hardworking mc/dm's rather than have one more attacking than the other. My reason for this is I have always liked to play with a 3-4-3 but have never had any real success on FM with this formation. Using my tweaked version of Andysafc's tactic we attack as if playing the 3-4-3 and have a solid 5-4-1 when defending. If i can ever figure out how to post screenshots using a Mac I will be glad to share. I have made 4 versions of the tactic suiting them each to different calibre teams which helps as you proceed up the leagues/better players or to different countries.

Originally posted by CelticWiseman:

I'd like to know why he bought a playmaker? I thought we needed box-to-box midfielders rather than the attacking type?

Well I made a slight change to the tactic, gave the left centre mid a left sarrow, told him to cross often and set him as playmaker. seems to have worked, he's scored 25 goals as I said above.

Here's a couple of screenshots

connorthtableuv1.th.jpg

barrovscitysy0.th.jpg

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kennec:

can this tactic be played with no heading target men? i have taken over an decent team with no money and they have an targetmen with jumping 12 and heading 15, altough hes pretty fast and have good flair.

Kennec: If you read through the earlier posts you will see that I have had plenty of success with various teams using this formation but with no TM. I hate playing with one as for me it make the team play too one dimensional. I much prefer a speedy striker. The first time I tried it i used Andysafc's formation just deleting all reference in the team and player instructions to the TM for ball distribution etc.

Over time I have played with the formation a little and I now keep the same settings but play more of a 5-2-2-1. I have pulled the two outside strikers out of the box and lower than the striker and made them more traditional wingers. I also much prefer to play with two hardworking mc/dm's rather than have one more attacking than the other. My reason for this is I have always liked to play with a 3-4-3 but have never had any real success on FM with this formation. Using my tweaked version of Andysafc's tactic we attack as if playing the 3-4-3 and have a solid 5-4-1 when defending. If i can ever figure out how to post screenshots using a Mac I will be glad to share. I have made 4 versions of the tactic suiting them each to different calibre teams which helps as you proceed up the leagues/better players or to different countries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats exactly how i would like to play. altough i dont have any tower forward in the middle. i will play tomorow and do some resarch at it. today i loaded up the premade tactic 4-3-3 normal and tweaked it heawy. sorry to say it didnt work good at all. i felt like my 2 middle mc werent even part of the game wingers failed to find the striker in the middle and gace away alot of balls resulting in counters.

my fav tactic would be some kind of 3-4-3 zonal marking and offside traps.i played like that in early cm series and i like offensive fotball irl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kennec:

Over time I have played with the formation a little and I now keep the same settings but play more of a 5-2-2-1. I have pulled the two outside strikers out of the box and lower than the striker and made them more traditional wingers. I also much prefer to play with two hardworking mc/dm's rather than have one more attacking than the other. My reason for this is I have always liked to play with a 3-4-3 but have never had any real success on FM with this formation. Using my tweaked version of Andysafc's tactic we attack as if playing the 3-4-3 and have a solid 5-4-1 when defending. If i can ever figure out how to post screenshots using a Mac I will be glad to share. I have made 4 versions of the tactic suiting them each to different calibre teams which helps as you proceed up the leagues/better players or to different countries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats exactly how i would like to play. altough i dont have any tower forward in the middle. i will play tomorow and do some resarch at it. today i loaded up the premade tactic 4-3-3 normal and tweaked it heawy. sorry to say it didnt work good at all. i felt like my 2 middle mc werent even part of the game wingers failed to find the striker in the middle and gace away alot of balls resulting in counters.

my fav tactic would be some kind of 3-4-3 zonal marking and offside traps.i played like that in early cm series and i like offensive fotball irl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use Andysafc"s tactic but go through the team and player settings and remove all reference to the TM - don't change anything else at this point. If you don't like it this way then bring the two outside forwards back like this;

X

X X

I prefer this but I added two players that were good at dribbling.

Let me know!

nice bro ty. looks like a fun tactic to play.i will try something like that out. icon_smile.gif

i won serie A 7 years in row with a simulair tactic with lazio.but i had failed bad in europe. reached semi final in CL one time.

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/1355565/picture-hosting/4-1-2-2-1.php

Kennec:

I have used my tactic above with success in Scotland, England, Italy, Holland, Germany, Spain and France. The only thing I changed was the D-Line to normal when I played in Spain

i'm using the tactic in a new game i started with MK Donalds in League 2.

So far the season has gone like this;

Played 9

Won 4

Drwan 4

Lost 1

Currently in 3rd place.

Transfers in are;

Wayne Allison, big target man, never let me down in lower leagues before.

Andrea Guatelli, young Italian keeper, not too impressed with the current keepers at my disposal.

Tom Kennedy, cracking fullback, back up to Dean Lewington at the moment.

All in all, so far so good, i'll update as the season progresses.

Any player recomendations for this tactic in the lower leagues?

Cheers.

iocounty try Mark McCammon. I've used him in my Elgin game in lower Scottish leagues and he is unbelievable. Finished as Player of the Month 7 times out of 9 last year. (Obviously got Player of the Year as well).

Can't remember exact stats for the season, but was something like 36 goals in 38 apps., AvR of 8.10

I've never had a player like him!! Sensational target man!

Eventually finished my first season with Shrewsbury

Gaining Promotion by finishing second

icon_biggrin.gif

It came down to the final day as to whether i finished 2nd 3rd or 4th

I did my bit and so did the other teams

Granting me second place

I had started this game before i found this tactic, so the players i brought in were for a previous tactic

but when i did get the chance to bring players in i looked no further than Wayne Allison

Cost me £3k

Played 26

Goals 9

Assists 13

MoM 5

Av Rt 7.67

Later on in the season i also brought in Kevin Campbell as his contract has expired with Cardiff and knew that if i was to get promoted he would be useful experience to have in league one.

When i started using this tactic i don't think i ever left the playoff/promotion zone and after the Christmas period it was very rare i left the promotion zone.

Although i feel that i should have really if the teams around me had took there chances

It was a really tight league all the way through the season

Just at the end MK Dons kicked on and eventually ended up finishing 9 points ahead

But all the way down to 22nd Place had 52 points

(myself finishing on 76)

The tactic was brilliant although i cant help thinking that i concede to many goals and end up loosing games that i should win

and sometimes i feel that my team just doesnt show up to play at all

MK Dons Won24 Drn13 Lst9

Shrews Won22 Drn10 Lst14

I don't know if it was my defense and pick of players that caused so much losses but his is defonaitley something i will need to look into when playing in league one

Well im off to start looking for new players

keeping in mind only to bring in about 3-4 players and keep them brittish

Cheers andysafc

icon14.gif

Originally posted by (((((~NEWBROOK~))))):

Eventually finished my first season with Shrewsbury

Gaining Promotion by finishing second

icon_biggrin.gif

It came down to the final day as to whether i finished 2nd 3rd or 4th

I did my bit and so did the other teams

Granting me second place

I had started this game before i found this tactic, so the players i brought in were for a previous tactic

but when i did get the chance to bring players in i looked no further than Wayne Allison

Cost me £3k

Played 26

Goals 9

Assists 13

MoM 5

Av Rt 7.67

Later on in the season i also brought in Kevin Campbell as his contract has expired with Cardiff and knew that if i was to get promoted he would be useful experience to have in league one.

When i started using this tactic i don't think i ever left the playoff/promotion zone and after the Christmas period it was very rare i left the promotion zone.

Although i feel that i should have really if the teams around me had took there chances

It was a really tight league all the way through the season

Just at the end MK Dons kicked on and eventually ended up finishing 9 points ahead

But all the way down to 22nd Place had 52 points

(myself finishing on 76)

The tactic was brilliant although i cant help thinking that i concede to many goals and end up loosing games that i should win

and sometimes i feel that my team just doesnt show up to play at all

MK Dons Won24 Drn13 Lst9

Shrews Won22 Drn10 Lst14

I don't know if it was my defense and pick of players that caused so much losses but his is defonaitley something i will need to look into when playing in league one

Well im off to start looking for new players

keeping in mind only to bring in about 3-4 players and keep them brittish

Cheers andysafc

icon14.gif

Newbrook: I know Andysafc suggests using British players but I have had good success with foreign players especially in defence. I am currently using and Italian and French DR/DL, with a German centre DC, my other two dc's are Serbian and English.

I personally believe you can use players from whatever country you prefer as long as the will fir in well with your current squad. To me that is the key!

Here we go again.

Another season finish and i have to say, the toughest one i have ever played with this tactic. I really struggled at the en to keep it together.

Here's how the season finished:

finaltablechampionshipwqw3.th.png]

A tight and close race for the top six spots. From week 33-35 it went down hill. I was fighting for the top three untill then, but i almost lost out of qualification spots. But secured it in the last match although i lost 3-1.

progresschampionshipwreqs5.th.png]

As you can see i secured it in the last two matches.

The main problem was leeking goals. After 2 promotions my defence was not ready for this level and struggled big time. But i managed to hang in there and i give many thanks to my midfield who maintained good stats all season.

And now we are in the premiership!!

Okay cheers crazyscotsman i will bear that in mind

At the moment i cant really see myself getting the chance to sign to many "foreign" players

as i have very low transfer budget and will no doubt have to resort to the free agency's market

icon_biggrin.gif

I am just wondering as well how big the step is from League two up to League One

Never playing in league one before either this season holds a new challenge for me

The only English league title i haven't gained since playing FM07

Okay cheers crazyscotsman i will bear that in mind

At the moment i cant really see myself getting the chance to sign to many "foreign" players

as i have very low transfer budget and will no doubt have to resort to the free agency's market

icon_biggrin.gif

I am just wondering as well how big the step is from League two up to League One

Never playing in league one before either this season holds a new challenge for me

The only English league title i haven't gained since playing FM07

Its a jump but with a couple of players you should do well. Look at getting a parent club to feed you cash plus a few decent players. I would also look to bring in Dalle Valle and Mravac if you have the funds to pay the compensation. They are both 15-17 but can easily step up and play for the first team and down the road the are top quality if you choose to keep them or will make you millions if you decide to sell. I have them on every team I play.

Cheers crazyscotsman

icon_smile.gif

But neither of the two players you sated are on my game

Take it you must have a certain country loaded up or a large database

and

I have been trying to get a parent club since the start of last year but both times that i have asked for one the board have turned around and said that i cant have one

icon_frown.gif

I am currently looking to strengthen my defence more than anything else as

1. I was concedeing many more than i wanted to last season and that was in league 2

2. The strikers are more likely to take there chances in this league

Sunny that is amazing! To get Wrexham to consecutive promotions until the EPL is much better than i imagined. I thought after promotion you would need to consolidate then push for promotion the following season. WELL DONE. icon14.gif

Newbrook & crazyscotsman: it's not that i dont think foreign players are not suited to this tactic as i know there are plenty that is.

but if anyone is struggling to get the tactic working i usually advise to stick with mainly British players first. Once it's working then blend other players in around them.

Originally posted by andysafc:

Sunny that is amazing! To get Wrexham to consecutive promotions until the EPL is much better than i imagined. I thought after promotion you would need to consolidate then push for promotion the following season. WELL DONE. icon14.gif

Andy, i thought so too. But as the season went on and i came towards week 30 and was still fighting in the top, i gambled for it.

As you can see i payed for at at the end as my players were tired and often injured and i didnt rotate enough.

But hopefully my defence has gain enough quality to stay up the first season in EPL.

Will let you now.

i have an BLAST playing the mighty blyth spartans atm.i will post some screens when seson is over.

i use this tactic with heawy modifications on set peices,corners, and some player instructions especialy for defence. i removed the offside trap to. my best player have 17 jumping and like 1-5 in everything else icon_smile.gif

sunny. hows your finances?

-3,5 mill £. so not the best start, but i had to invest in som players. Got i major transfer budget though, but i dont dare to use it. But this has been the most fun i had playing this tactic.

Originally posted by sunny:

-3,5 mill £. so not the best start, but i had to invest in som players. Got i major transfer budget though, but i dont dare to use it. But this has been the most fun i had playing this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how big is a "major" transfer budget

and i have to agreewith you sunny, playing with Shrewsbury using this tactic is proberley one of the most enjoyable games i have had on this version of FM

Long hope it continues all the way to the premiership

Also Sunny what were your expectations when you were promoted into League one

Because i am setting myself a target of mid table

Was this your kind of target and then you exceeded that when you gained promotion

Cant see you setting your sights to the height of gaining promotion first season up

Or could i be wrong?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

-3,5 mill £. so not the best start, but i had to invest in som players. Got i major transfer budget though, but i dont dare to use it. But this has been the most fun i had playing this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how big is a "major" transfer budget

and i have to agreewith you sunny, playing with Shrewsbury using this tactic is proberley one of the most enjoyable games i have had on this version of FM

Long hope it continues all the way to the premiership

Also Sunny what were your expectations when you were promoted into League one

Because i am setting myself a target of mid table

Was this your kind of target and then you exceeded that when you gained promotion

Cant see you setting your sights to the height of gaining promotion first season up

Or could i be wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First season i was pretty sure i would get promotion and exceed the expectation of getting i mid table position.

Second season i wasnt so sure, but as the season went on it went my way. I was fighting in the top all the time and managed to get direct promotion. I was expected to fight bravely against relgation.

As i said previous i gambled in my season in the championship but i pulled through at the end. also fighting againt relegation.

My transfer budget was about 10 mill £ and i think that was heavly for i promoted team.

My target for this project was to get consecutive promotions up to the championship and then stay there for a year. But at the end i took a chance and i was so lucky to get the 6th place although loosing in my last game.

Cheers for that sunny

Well done as well icon14.gif

will be interesting to see how you cope in your first season in the Premiership

And

£10Mil

icon_eek.gif

That is a fair bit

I am in my second season and have just under £58k

Just a little bit of a difference

Oh well second season now and i have moved into my new ground

icon_biggrin.gif

Should bring a few more pennys in

Targetman:

Jumping, strengh, bravery, position.

You could throw in heading and finishing too, but those four are the main attributes i look for.

IMO, this is the most important post in this thread + of course, tactic by andy.

When searching targetman, you can easily go to player search, filter it with those 4 important attributes jumping, strenght, bravery, position and this works with any team because you can use DC that come up with necessary attributes.

I cant believe it, this tactic+targetman (I use DC,training his new position as ST) feels almost as cheating. icon14.gif

If my grammar suck,well I cant help it. icon_razz.gif Hoope you understand.

IMO, this is the most important post in this thread + of course, tactic by andy.

When searching targetman, you can easily go to player search, filter it with those 4 important attributes jumping, strenght, bravery, position and this works with any team because you can use DC that come up with necessary attributes.

I cant believe it, this tactic+targetman (I use DC,training his new position as ST) feels almost as cheating.

If my grammar suck,well I cant help it. Hoope you understand.

Al Bundy is right, a lot of people never think about this when there preferred TM is injured. You can use a DC as long as he has those stats. If you remember way back in the tread someone played a CD as a TM all season and he was the Leagues leading scorer!

That would be me and it was Rob Jones and he scored 32 leagues goals for the club and helped us stay in the league that season.

I got a major end of season 4 update coming soon and what I want to say is Andy thank you again.

Yes i remember now, so it shows it can be done. Did you retrain him for that position, or just use him in that position?

How did the season 4 update go?

I cant believe it, this tactic+targetman (I use DC,training his new position as ST) feels almost as cheating.

If my grammar suck,well I cant help it. Hoope you understand.

I am thinking of using this tac. What is the most recent version? I have Eddie Johnson that i could use a a target man, Or Veengoor of hesselink.

I don't care what anyone says there is definetly something wrong with this game.

I started a new game with Yeovil was odds on favourites to go down, had a brilliant run up until Feb all of sudden I've hit a brick wall. At the start of the season the pace of the game was amazing, now you watch them the passing movement has slowed down that it looks like its all going in slow motion, and no the settings are the same I've not touched them.

My players couldn't hit a bloody barn door, I've not brought players in well one guy up front and he didn't take to long to settle,as he got 3 goals in 4 games and then he hit a brick wall.

I was getting hammered by the oppo wingers so I decided to man mark them, and I hate doing that, as unlike in real footy its like musical chairs the way the fc is on the wing and the guy that my fb is supposed to be marking has gone to an mcd position although he has never played there in his life. You have to stop the game every minute to change the set up.

Not anything to do with your Tactics Andy the game is just doing me head in, I just hope to heck 08 is better.

Its just your tactic is the one I'm using at the moment.

I'd much rather yours as I hate fannying around with the tweaking mullarky,

But I shall soldier on.

One thing I could possibly fallin on my a*** with is the team talks, as when I ask the ass for team talk info hes says their moral is low, although on the main screne when you look at the players moral its all high, by the way I'm doing the team talks.

Anyway any help will be gratefully recieved ta

After hour upon hour of trying to master this game I think I have finally found a solution.

I downloaded andys tactic a few weeks back , and it got me playing the game again , but i still wasen't having the sucsess others here were having. The best I managed was winning League 1 with Forest and 4th in Premier with spurs.

On Wednesday I was reading a thread by Googen which can be found here

I decided as one last resort to do what Googen had advised but instead of using a 4-4-2 I used Andys tactic as a base tactic . The only thing I changed was lowered d-line to half way and unticked play offside and ticked counter attack.

I then followed googens setting up instructions and began a new game with Spurs.

To my amazement the results were fantastic , I had never previously won the premiership with anyone but here is the final table for my 1st season with Spurs making only 1 signing.

tablespurs.jpg

I have started season 2 with four straight wins and look even better.

Just thought i'd let you now what was working for me...... I'll keep you updated

I ain't being funny Celtic, if team talks are that huge why dont they just do Rock, Scissors, paper, and cut all the bull of having to play footy in between cos its just a guessing game. Got to say you are probably right with playing players that 100% or near as I just went back into my game and really struggled to win 2-1 with players that were somewhere near 100% but it was bloody hard, and they were far from my best team.

I find if you dont play players regular they seem to lose about 5% fitness.

But surely you pick your best team not who is the fittest. But thank you

Archived